Re: 7 Campfire Techniques - 12/25/18 06:15 PM

Jes you are getting good at this stuff.. hammer
Posted By: stxranchman

Re: 7 Campfire Techniques - 12/25/18 06:19 PM

[Linked Image]
Posted By: SnakeWrangler

Re: 7 Campfire Techniques - 12/25/18 06:24 PM

I give up..... hammer

Got help figuring it out.....youtube was adding an extension to the file.....
Posted By: Duck_Hunter

Re: 7 Campfire Techniques - 12/25/18 07:40 PM

Might try one or two of those this hunting season and when we start camping again in the spring.
Posted By: Creekrunner

Re: 7 Campfire Techniques - 12/25/18 08:13 PM

Cool video. Gotta be a lot of sap in those logs though. Life scout here. I use a pear burner and a propane tank. Works every time. grin
Posted By: colt45-90

Re: 7 Campfire Techniques - 12/25/18 09:54 PM

tag
Posted By: redhaze

Re: 7 Campfire Techniques - 12/26/18 12:00 AM

Cool
Posted By: Ranch Dawg

Re: 7 Campfire Techniques - 12/26/18 03:31 AM

Road flare and a lil diesel.
Posted By: TruckMan66

Re: 7 Campfire Techniques - 12/29/18 04:30 PM

Originally Posted by Ranch Dawg
Road flare and a lil diesel.

Hell Yeah
Posted By: TruckMan66

Re: 7 Campfire Techniques - 12/29/18 04:33 PM

Don't use Coleman Fuel. I've done that. Not good. Burned all facial hair off my face. Looked like I had a sunburn for days. SCARY!!
Posted By: Treinta-Treinta

Re: 7 Campfire Techniques - 12/29/18 07:56 PM

I stack up wood in a Tee-Pee or Log Cabin with a bag of corn chips on the bottom of the kindling and light up.
Posted By: BigPig

Re: 7 Campfire Techniques - 12/29/18 08:30 PM

I drink a can of beer, cut the top off it and place it in the fire pit. Fill it will gas. Build a teepee if sticks and logs. Light the gas and I’m done.

Before y’all chirp about it being dangerous, I’ve never had a flash from it. It’s not going to explode like Uncle Bob when he poured 5 gallons on the brush pile. The fumes are contained enough in the can to not spread, and you’re lighting it within a minute of pouring it.
Posted By: SnakeWrangler

Re: 7 Campfire Techniques - 12/29/18 11:27 PM

Originally Posted by BigPig
I drink a can of beer, cut the top off it and place it in the fire pit. Fill it will gas. Build a teepee if sticks and logs. Light the gas and I’m done.

Before y’all chirp about it being dangerous, I’ve never had a flash from it. It’s not going to explode like Uncle Bob when he poured 5 gallons on the brush pile. The fumes are contained enough in the can to not spread, and you’re lighting it within a minute of pouring it.

I've done similar with diesel many times.....place an rag in the diesel....pile sticks around it and light the rag. As it starts add larger sticks of wood.
Posted By: fmrmbmlm

Re: 7 Campfire Techniques - 12/30/18 05:57 PM

Originally Posted by TruckMan66
Don't use Coleman Fuel. I've done that. Not good. Burned all facial hair off my face. Looked like I had a sunburn for days. SCARY!!
Plus if you wait a couple minutes before you light it it spreads like propane. All you will see is 360 degrees of the brightest light you've ever seen. I have two other witnesses.
Posted By: Slow Drifter

Re: 7 Campfire Techniques - 12/30/18 10:35 PM

I got a "fire starter" for Christmas some 20 years ago. It was supposed to be a "gag" gift, but it has really come in handy a few times. It's a 2-piece waterproof tube, about 2" in diameter and 6" long. The cap has a spot to hold the base of a Bic lighter, the rest is stuffed with dryer lint. Unless everything you use is made of Nomex, dryer lint lights very easily! (Just remembered I need to clean my dryer vent....)
Posted By: Creekrunner

Re: 7 Campfire Techniques - 12/30/18 10:38 PM

Originally Posted by Slow Drifter
I got a "fire starter" for Christmas some 20 years ago. It was supposed to be a "gag" gift, but it has really come in handy a few times. It's a 2-piece waterproof tube, about 2" in diameter and 6" long. The cap has a spot to hold the base of a Bic lighter, the rest is stuffed with dryer lint.

Don't look now, but I think someone gave you a bong as a Christmas gift.
Posted By: Slow Drifter

Re: 7 Campfire Techniques - 12/30/18 10:49 PM

Originally Posted by Creekrunner
Originally Posted by Slow Drifter
I got a "fire starter" for Christmas some 20 years ago. It was supposed to be a "gag" gift, but it has really come in handy a few times. It's a 2-piece waterproof tube, about 2" in diameter and 6" long. The cap has a spot to hold the base of a Bic lighter, the rest is stuffed with dryer lint.

Don't look now, but I think someone gave you a bong as a Christmas gift.

LOL!!! I thought of that but no way this thing could be used as a bong!
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum