Texas Hunting Forum

Camo Challenge

Posted By: StrungOutOutdoors

Camo Challenge - 12/23/18 07:51 PM

Can you spot the hunter?

Posted By: garyrapp55

Re: Camo Challenge - 12/24/18 01:22 AM

That was fun but some of those aren't camo but rather hiding behind cover while wearing camo.
Posted By: Sneaky

Re: Camo Challenge - 12/24/18 02:11 AM

None of it was real camo.
Posted By: Txduckman

Re: Camo Challenge - 12/24/18 07:28 AM

Have someone walk thru there and see if they can spot them.
Posted By: TEXASLEFTY

Re: Camo Challenge - 12/24/18 10:49 AM

I made it about 10 seconds
Posted By: garyrapp55

Re: Camo Challenge - 12/24/18 01:42 PM

Originally Posted by Sneaky

Sneaky, I looked at the definition of camouflage and this fits that definition. How do you mean this is not "real" camo?
Posted By: Sneaky

Re: Camo Challenge - 12/24/18 03:02 PM

Originally Posted by garyrapp55

Sneaky, I looked at the definition of camouflage and this fits that definition. How do you mean this is not "real" camo?

Sticks and leaves. It’s meant to look good to consumers. Real camo breaks up your outline.
Posted By: Walkabout

Re: Camo Challenge - 12/24/18 03:28 PM

The producer has us at a distinct disadvantage. The human eye and brain does a good job picking up movement and details in three dimension. Both are removed in this excersie but it was fun anyway.
Posted By: 68A

Re: Camo Challenge - 12/24/18 03:39 PM

Half of them they were hiding behind something while wearing camo clothes. Could’ve been wearing a plain brown, green, black, grey shirt and it wouldn’t have mattered for the purposes of this video.
Posted By: Double Naught Spy

Re: Camo Challenge - 12/24/18 08:55 PM

Originally Posted by garyrapp55

Sticks and leaves. It’s meant to look good to consumers. Real camo breaks up your outline.

That isn't the only way that camo works. It can work in several ways such as by color concealing (think snowshoe hare in snow), disruptive coloration (breaking up outlines), disguise, counter illumination, blending, and more.

Re: Camo Challenge - 12/28/18 01:16 AM

of 18 scenes only once was I truly behind an object and that was on difficult level on the last challenge. It was meant to be hard, but if you look closely, youll see my head and rifle on top of the stump. The rest, I was only leaning on a tree or laying beside a tree. There is no vegetation right now, leaves on the ground and trees are only cover.

Re: Camo Challenge - 12/28/18 01:18 AM

Originally Posted by Walkabout
The producer has us at a distinct disadvantage. The human eye and brain does a good job picking up movement and details in three dimension. Both are removed in this excersie but it was fun anyway.

Yes its just for fun. I thought it was going to be easier than what it was. I was recording by myself and couldn't see myself in the screen until editing the video. But my camo was a lighter color, that sticks out once you pick up the pattern. Thanks for watching
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum