Texas Hunting Forum

Varmint hunters. . . Assemble!

Posted By: Bullfrog

Varmint hunters. . . Assemble! - 12/18/18 02:54 PM

Anyone ever bowhunt for yotes in the city limits before?

Posted By: maximus_flavius

Re: Varmint hunters. . . Assemble! - 12/18/18 04:41 PM

Maybe the women learned an important lesson about carrying a concealed handgun
Posted By: redchevy

Re: Varmint hunters. . . Assemble! - 12/18/18 05:21 PM

Man I cant imagine a loan coyote getting the best of two adults like that, sounds like they were probably too scared to think straight.
Posted By: Txduckman

Re: Varmint hunters. . . Assemble! - 12/18/18 05:46 PM

Rick Perry, "Told you so...."
Posted By: SnakeWrangler

Re: Varmint hunters. . . Assemble! - 12/18/18 05:50 PM

slinger
Posted By: Bullfrog

Re: Varmint hunters. . . Assemble! - 12/18/18 08:45 PM

I’ve always pictured a good face kick right as they got to me would be enough to stop a loose dog coming at me.
Yotes are little too, probably land across the street if you catch them just right. Lol
Posted By: RattlesnakeDan

Re: Varmint hunters. . . Assemble! - 12/19/18 12:26 AM

Mexican coyote or dog coyote...didn't really say.
Posted By: D Rogers

Re: Varmint hunters. . . Assemble! - 12/20/18 02:40 PM

bs
Posted By: deerfeeder

Re: Varmint hunters. . . Assemble! - 12/20/18 08:16 PM

Originally Posted by redchevy
Man I cant imagine a loan coyote getting the best of two adults like that, sounds like they were probably too scared to think straight.

Loan sharks get pretty nasty this time of the year also.
cheers
Posted By: flintknapper

Re: Varmint hunters. . . Assemble! - 12/21/18 02:28 AM

Originally Posted by maximus_flavius
Maybe the women learned an important lesson about carrying a concealed handgun

These days it is patently unwise to go walking, running, cycling without some form of personal protection...whether that be a firearm, Pepper Spray or a good walking stick.

Also, in the case of canine attack (Coyote or Domestic Dog) it is imperative that you try to remain on your feet, you can not afford to be knocked/taken down, that will put you at a grave disadvantage.
Posted By: pigplinker

Re: Varmint hunters. . . Assemble! - 12/23/18 09:25 AM

I saw a picture on the news showing the locations of the attacks and the coyote highway was in the middle. There was a creek running right though the area where they had several attacks or scares with the yotes. Like Txduckman said Rick Perry showed a yote how Texans should treat them.
Posted By: colt45-90

Re: Varmint hunters. . . Assemble! - 12/23/18 07:36 PM

Originally Posted by Bullfrog
I’ve always pictured a good face kick right as they got to me would be enough to stop a loose dog coming at me.
Yotes are little too, probably land across the street if you catch them just right. Lol

I had a Rotty that would have chewed your leg off at the hip
Posted By: Blank

Re: Varmint hunters. . . Assemble! - 12/23/18 07:52 PM

My buddy calls all the time, and claims he is always totally prepared for them to get in close and aggressive. Last Fall a gray fox came in so fast from the edge that he got bit twice in the stomach before the little bastard ran away. A full series of rabies shots later, his answer is "Fast little [censored] aren't they?" smile
Posted By: RattlesnakeDan

Re: Varmint hunters. . . Assemble! - 12/24/18 02:42 AM

Originally Posted by Blank
My buddy calls all the time, and claims he is always totally prepared for them to get in close and aggressive. Last Fall a gray fox came in so fast from the edge that he got bit twice in the stomach before the little bastard ran away. A full series of rabies shots later, his answer is "Fast little [censored] aren't they?" smile

Now that is funny!
I had a wild fox for a pet, slept in my bed until he got too wild...they are fast. Half cat/half dog.
Posted By: rex47

Re: Varmint hunters. . . Assemble! - 12/24/18 12:09 PM

some times you have to feed them something, like an arm or hand to get control. if you ram an arm down any dogs throat he will stop trying to bite.
I suspect the people that were attack may be had never been confronted like this and probably tried to run, witch is understandable. I have been attacked by a large dog (part ridgeback) IMO the most important thing i did was keep my head straight, not sure how i was able to do that. never run you can't out run them.

© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum