Texas Hunting Forum

For deer season....

Posted By: billyhunt

For deer season.... - 12/18/18 01:35 AM

this has been a year for coyotes. Shot one 11/13 50 yrds DRT, Today shot one and wounded him with one leg hanging with him running off, not real good(this one at 220 yrds ) but the sun was tough! Oh well thinning them some.
Posted By: 270Sendero

Re: For deer season.... - 12/19/18 12:43 AM

We have seen a bunch in Concho county. We rarely see them there. We haven’t seen any (hear them a bunch) in Jack county where we usually see quite a few. Strange year so far
Posted By: QuitShootinYoungBucks

Re: For deer season.... - 12/19/18 02:36 AM

Trapper has taken six off our 600 acres in the last 90 days. Fawn crop shows it, too.

Re: For deer season.... - 12/19/18 02:52 AM

Dam, they are BAD. Had 2 come in on my front feeder on this evening sit, but they were MOVING so didnt even get a shot.

Re: For deer season.... - 12/19/18 02:55 AM

Good deal QYSB!!!!!! Dust em!!!!
Posted By: Txduckman

Re: For deer season.... - 12/19/18 05:14 AM

I have seen one all season 150 yards out running. Hear them but deer don't seem to mind them howling. Used to hunt a place up the road and it was a coyote lease. Hardly a hunt I didn't shoot one or two.

Our neighbor has 1/2 mile of HF on one of our sides and runs a lot of snares. First year yotes, cats, etc all the time in the snares. Haven't seen one snared in a couple years.
Posted By: unclebubba

Re: For deer season.... - 12/19/18 05:23 AM

I've shot 4 this year. My mother in law has taken 10 or more. She shoots so many coyotes that I lose count every year.
Posted By: rex47

Re: For deer season.... - 12/19/18 11:13 AM

One in Frisco has attack 2-3 people (police say)
Posted By: Flashprism

Re: For deer season.... - 12/19/18 11:33 AM

My place in Dickens is over populated and my fawn crop is always is low as a result. Each morning you can hear about 4 to 5 different groups howling within 2000 feet of us. If there's 3 to 5 in a group that's a lot of coyotes. Just by circumstance I shot 3 during rifle sitting in my stand. Biologist visiting commented that I probably have a greater than 50% fawn loss. I have never seen twins in 7 years.
Posted By: PoppinPiggies

Re: For deer season.... - 12/19/18 10:37 PM

We took out like 25 or 30 last year and they seem to have all been replaced! Two bucks shot this year have been left overnight to avoid bumping them if shot was bad (bowhunting) and when we found them in the morning they were just skeletons. As soon as deer season over, will have to break out the ole fox pro......... [Linked Image]
Posted By: 603Country

Re: For deer season.... - 12/20/18 02:13 AM

I suppose I must have made a difference on this place. Used to be I’d kill 6 or 8 a year, but this year I shot one and saw a second that I couldn’t get a shot on. Don’t hear as much howling as we used to. We have plenty of fawns and lots of twins. So whatever the difference is, me or nature, the coyotes seem less plentiful.
Posted By: Lotto

Re: For deer season.... - 12/20/18 03:57 AM

We have the same problem with them and hogs at our Dickens Farm...............%^$#&*&&&
Posted By: D Rogers

Re: For deer season.... - 12/20/18 02:38 PM

yeah we've had a bunch of em too. They hit my oat patch at about 30mph so they've all survived so far
Posted By: Greg Z

Re: For deer season.... - 12/20/18 11:10 PM

seen them on 2 hunts this year. won't give them any passes. Llamar County.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum