Texas Hunting Forum

Sonora processor?

Posted By: Creekrunner

Sonora processor? - 11/29/18 02:13 PM

Anyone ever tried that processor/taxidermy right off the highway in Sonora, going into town? Any feedback? I like my guy in Fbg., but that loop over there and back home makes for a long day after a long time out west. Thanks.
Posted By: ZK-315

Re: Sonora processor? - 11/29/18 03:01 PM

Havent used any in Sonora, but had an axis doe done at Junction Deer Processing a couple of years ago. I was pretty happy with them.
Posted By: sbushee

Re: Sonora processor? - 11/29/18 07:24 PM

GW stopped by our lease north of eldorado the other day and he said the taxidermist in Eldorado was good, but he is behind. I’ve not used him myself.
Posted By: Bee'z

Re: Sonora processor? - 11/29/18 09:45 PM

I have used Rough Creek for a couple of management does and was happy with them.
Posted By: txtrophy85

Re: Sonora processor? - 11/29/18 10:03 PM

I have a client that uses him.

says he does a good job
Posted By: ccrock

Re: Sonora processor? - 11/29/18 11:20 PM

I drive from Ozona to Rough Creek and they do all of my mounts and processing. They are fair priced great work and no issues with taxidermy work.
Posted By: RedSnake

Re: Sonora processor? - 11/30/18 12:14 AM

Muliemike uses them for everything. They did my axis mount — pleased with how it turned out. Haven’t tried their processing.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Buzzsaw

Re: Sonora processor? - 11/30/18 12:24 AM

Originally Posted by 2Beez
I have used Rough Creek for a couple of management does and was happy with them.

This , me to, they mounted this deer I killed with Mulie Mike and Tyler last year

[Linked Image]
Posted By: 7mag

Re: Sonora processor? - 11/30/18 01:45 AM

I used them last yr on the THF axis hunt to process my doe. Not bad and I can't say much on sausage etc as mine was just the basic processing. I didn't have time to leave it there and they were nice enough to process the doe VERY QUICKLY so I could leave the next day.

If I had more time I would have let them make other cuts, sausage etc. Oh processing price is very reasonable. I paid like 75 dollars for mine and that was skinning etc
Posted By: Sneaky

Re: Sonora processor? - 11/30/18 03:33 AM

Took a doe in there once, a few years back, and so did two other guys I hunt with. They never got our meat back to us. We called, and they gave us the run-around and we never did find out what happened. I figure something happened along the lines of a freezer going out and meat being lost. I don’t know, but an honest answer would have been enough. I couldn’t even get that.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum