Texas Hunting Forum

Lake Meredith

Posted By: ZMS

Lake Meredith - 11/21/18 04:13 PM

I know this has been asked time and time again, but does anyone have any advice for Lake Meredith mule deer hunting? I am headed up there Wednesday thru Sunday of the last weekend of mule deer season. I know this isn't ideal, but its all I have. My biggest question is how to get away from people. I am on foot and it doesn't bother me hiking long distances and spike camping. Will I be overrun by people on horseback and ATV's or is there areas to be able to get away from this? Also, I have never seen the area and I am willing to kayak across the lake if need be. Again, any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Posted By: jeffbird

Re: Lake Meredith - 11/21/18 05:31 PM

Have no advice about hunting, but but be prepared for potentially high winds, which means harsh cold cutting through clothing. 30 - 40+ mph wind speeds are relatively common. Add some snow and sleet and things can become quick brisk. Make sure to have a layer to stop wind, if needed. If you have a good wind layer, odds are things will be warm, nice and calm and you'll not need it, but conditions can be very harsh and potentially life threatening if not prepared. Good luck.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum