Texas Hunting Forum

Perspective

Posted By: richard-ssv

Perspective - 11/18/18 03:26 AM

I’ve realized this week that prior to shooting a buck I find myself getting anxious when reading posts from hunters who are in the stand hunting live. I can’t explain it, but I feel like I’m missing out and someone else is going to get that big buck that I’ve been waiting for.

On the flip side, “after” shooting my buck for the season I find myself looking forward to reading posts from someone live in the stand. It’s almost like listening to a football game on the radio getting a live play by play update. It’s weird how I enjoy living vicariously through others hunter’s hunts when I have a deer in the freezer, but I feel like I’m missing out when my freezer is empty?

Moral of the story.... keep those live from the stand updates coming (until next season)
Posted By: Jimbo

Re: Perspective - 11/18/18 03:55 AM

This is one I saw this morning. Later this evening a young lady on our lease took him. up

[Linked Image]
Posted By: richard-ssv

Re: Perspective - 11/18/18 04:07 AM

Dang nice looking buck!
Posted By: Erathkid

Re: Perspective - 11/18/18 07:57 AM

Wow. Great deer. Congratulations to the young lady that took it. And to you for letting her.
Posted By: 1860.colt

Re: Perspective - 11/20/18 02:55 PM

cheers congrats on the deer taken. coolpics Jimbo. Temps here (Mn) tis a droppen As pappy say's: its so cold here people be walken on water ta go fishen. wewent sat few days ago nice buck taken. bang only thing came close ta me twas a possum. in a tree stand wind blows right threw ya leaven a chill on d ol bones. headen out around 10;00 temps 4 degrees F with high of 16, 10mph wind, with gusts up ta 15mph & winter just getten started. Preperation for fishen.

flag
Posted By: 1860.colt

Re: Perspective - 11/20/18 05:10 PM

As pappy say's: tis so cold me android caught a virus. rofl
Tried uploading pic of area hunting.
dueling with android... try later. Hands getting cold typing....
flag
Posted By: SnakeWrangler

Re: Perspective - 11/20/18 05:17 PM

Originally Posted by Erathkid
Wow. Great deer. Congratulations to the young lady that took it. And to you for letting her.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum