Texas Hunting Forum

Were can I by a box to ship a rifle?

Posted By: Texgun

Were can I by a box to ship a rifle? - 11/08/18 04:08 PM

I have to send a rifle back to the manufacture and would like a big sturdy box to put it in.
Posted By: dogcatcher

Re: Were can I by a box to ship a rifle? - 11/08/18 05:11 PM

I would take it to one of the pack and ship places. Let them pack it and ship it. We use a local one, that guy can pack a neon light that looks like a guitar and as big, and it gets there every time.
Posted By: Blank

Re: Were can I by a box to ship a rifle? - 11/08/18 09:25 PM

Option One: Send in original factory box, or one you get from a gun store.
Option Two: Send it in your own gun case, and they will return it in such to your FFL.
Option Three: Let the UPS Store manufacture a box, and be prepared for the cost.
Option Four: Go to Academy or your other sporting goods store and buy a $20 Plano Gun Case, and tell them you want it in the box.
Posted By: roughneck266

Re: Were can I by a box to ship a rifle? - 11/08/18 09:41 PM

I get guitar boxes from Uline. They work very well for me. IN a pinch, I have bought golf bag shipping boxes from the UPS store in town, but it will greatly depend on the length of the firearm.
Posted By: SenkoSamurai

Re: Were can I by a box to ship a rifle? - 11/08/18 09:42 PM

At the box store *slaps knee*
Posted By: javman

Re: Were can I by a box to ship a rifle? - 11/09/18 07:03 PM

I’ll usually check the pack and ship stores and my local gun dealers to see if they have any lying around that they might not need.
Posted By: Gringocazador

Re: Were can I by a box to ship a rifle? - 11/10/18 03:48 AM

Buy a cheap gun case from academy, costs the same as a gun box and you get a gun case to ship it in and a box. They used to be about 14 dollars. Maybe more nowadays.

Once you buy it take the case out of the box. Cut the box and turn it wrong side out and tape it back together. Nobody will know it’s a gun case and put your rifle in the case, them put case in box. It just looks like a box and your gun good to ship.

I’ve shipped a many a gun to Dennis Olson, the best gunsmith in the world in my opinion that way and never had a problem.

Thanks Billy
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum