Texas Hunting Forum

Wireless Game Cams ???

Posted By: fishhound

Wireless Game Cams ??? - 11/02/18 01:16 PM

I’m wanting to get a witeless game cam or two. I noticed some of them say they work with AT&T. Does this mean that if my phone is theough Sprint that the cameras will not send me pictures?

Could someone recommend what you would do in my situation or explain how those plans work?
Posted By: Gringo Bling

Re: Wireless Game Cams ??? - 11/02/18 01:45 PM

The plans are separate from who you have as a phone provider. So if you buy a camera that works on the AT&T network, you'll still get pictures on a Sprint phone.

As for mobile camera recommendations, I have had Moultrie for the last couple years. For numerous reasons, I would highly recommend NOT getting Moultrie Mobile. Couple of the guys on my lease went with Spartan this summer. The quality of photos, the ability to get video, lower plan cost, and the LTE network make it far superior to Moultrie. And they haven't had any issues with the network or cameras- Moultrie is ALWAYS going down, requiring trips to the lease to troubleshoot.
Posted By: TxAggie10

Re: Wireless Game Cams ??? - 11/04/18 10:22 PM

I’ve been running a Spartan for 2 years without issue. I picked up a Snyper camera at the Extravaganza due to the solar panel & t-post mount combo plus I had to try SIM Hero. SIM Hero uses any available cell service to send photos. This is big for me since not hunting property works best with AT&T and the other works best with Verizon.

After some dialing in on the Snyper, it is extremely comparable to the Spartan and works in places that my AT&T Spartan won’t!
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum