Texas Hunting Forum

Why you cant hit anything

Posted By: nate33

Why you cant hit anything - 10/09/18 03:37 AM

Most "hunters" seem to think it is a good idea to have a different shotgun for each type of game. One for mallards,, one for teal, one for quail, one for squirrels, etc etc etc. Then they use a 12 ga, which is a basic admission that they KNOW they are going to miss--------- these people complain that they always miss, and are commonly refereed to as "blasters".
How to hit ------- pick the gun you like, and sell the rest at a garage sale next weekend-------- if it holds 3 shots, NEVER put more than 2 shells in it. 20 ga is a LOT better than 12 for any game ( except geese). And use that gun for every type of game. Only bring 1 box of shells with you on the hunt------ suddenly you will find that you are actually aiming and hitting game.
ps ------ for choke always use full. always. If the game is close, track him out to 30 yds and then shoot. "Blasting" is fun for a lot of 'hunters',,,, 'hitting' is more fun for real hunters.
One more thing ---- have 2 types of shells,,, one high power, one field loads --------- NEVER switch brands of shells,, find the brand you like and shoot it for the next 5 yrs.
You will be amazed at how well you can hit if you follow these simple rules.
Posted By: SapperTitan

Re: Why you cant hit anything - 10/09/18 03:39 AM

Most? Have you spoken with MOST hunters or are you assuming?
Posted By: Grizz

Re: Why you cant hit anything - 10/09/18 03:50 AM

I'm not sure if it's tongue-in-cheek or if it's really filled with that much BS. I'm going with yanking our chains.
Posted By: JCO

Re: Why you cant hit anything - 10/09/18 03:59 AM

I’ll just do what I want and have fun doing it.
Posted By: dogcatcher

Re: Why you cant hit anything - 10/09/18 04:09 AM

Originally Posted By: SapperTitan
Most? Have you spoken with MOST hunters or are you assuming?

up
Posted By: SapperTitan

Re: Why you cant hit anything - 10/09/18 04:11 AM

I have killed dove, quail, turkey, coons, coyotes, and hogs with my only shotgun. Its a 40 yr old 870 Wingmaster. When I dove hunt I may shoot 2-4 different types of shells. Works for me.
Posted By: Txduckman

Re: Why you cant hit anything - 10/09/18 04:18 AM

You crack me up. I do what I want to do. But don't be putting steel shoot in anything tighter than a mod choke. Many chokes say steel ok or not.
Posted By: Bee'z

Re: Why you cant hit anything - 10/09/18 04:56 AM

Originally Posted By: Grizz
I'm not sure if it's tongue-in-cheek or if it's really filled with that much BS. I'm going with yanking our chains.

popcorn
Posted By: sqiggy

Re: Why you cant hit anything - 10/09/18 10:33 AM

Only 2 shells??
But my gun holds 5!!!
Posted By: Nogalus Prairie

Re: Why you cant hit anything - 10/09/18 10:40 AM

I’ll stick with my skeet and skeet bore for woodcock.
But it is an O/U so I have the “2 shells” part covered. smile
Posted By: 8pointdrop

Re: Why you cant hit anything - 10/09/18 10:58 AM

Pretty sure Nate is a child that just likes talking bs. If he’s a grown man I feel sorry for him.
Posted By: crapicat

Re: Why you cant hit anything - 10/09/18 11:55 AM

I grew up shooting 16ga., and thinking anyone that shot another gauge was ignorant...then the gun/shell manufacturers apparently decided to make it a dinosaur caliber. So I started experimenting with different calibers, until I settled on two...the 28 gauge and the 12 gauge. I wish the manufacturers would bring back the 16 gauge, as that the best gauge for me.

As far as ammo, I wish I could find one manufacturer that makes ammo to fit all my needs in the following speed 1300 feet per second, and I would probably heed you advice.

Re: Why you cant hit anything - 10/09/18 12:02 PM

Originally Posted By: sqiggy
Only 2 shells??
But my gun holds 5!!!

My 12 semi only holds three...I need to get one of those 7 shell extensions!

Anyway, back to the discussion. I never have any problem hitting whatever targets, I am aiming for, regardless of how many shells are in the gun. That said, I am most accurate with a single shot, but it sure does a number on my shoulder after a dozen rounds.
Posted By: Creekrunner

Re: Why you cant hit anything - 10/09/18 12:39 PM

The world is full of people, young and old, that are certain they know better than everyone else. About everything. I try very hard everyday to not be one of those people.
Posted By: colt45-90

Re: Why you cant hit anything - 10/09/18 12:41 PM

Originally Posted By: Creekrunner
The world is full of people, young and old, that are certain they know better than everyone else. About everything. I try very hard everyday to not be one of those people.
that pretty much sums it up, well said

Re: Why you cant hit anything - 10/09/18 12:49 PM

I can appreciate the point(s) that he is trying to make...that you only need one gun, good ammo, and practice, which will improve shooting. However, some of the worst shots I have ever seen only have one gun, shoot cheap ammo, and never practice. Taking the time and effort to learn about a new gun is part of the fun of owning many guns in various calibers/gauages. And I am firmly in that camp, my wife reminds me of that fact occasionally!
Posted By: Western

Re: Why you cant hit anything - 10/09/18 01:14 PM

Pick one gun and sell the rest at a garage sale? rofl Good try Senator Schumer...If I had guns that is..
Posted By: J.G.

Re: Why you cant hit anything - 10/09/18 01:25 PM

Originally Posted By: crapicat
I can appreciate the point(s) that he is trying to make...that you only need one gun, good ammo, and practice, which will improve shooting. However, some of the worst shots I have ever seen only have one gun, shoot cheap ammo, and never practice. Taking the time and effort to learn about a new gun is part of the fun of owning many guns in various calibers/gauages. And I am firmly in that camp, my wife reminds me of that fact occasionally!

This advice holds true for rifle shooting as well.
Posted By: ETexas Hunter

Re: Why you cant hit anything - 10/09/18 01:47 PM

Originally Posted By: colt45
that pretty much sums it up, well said
Posted By: txtrophy85

Re: Why you cant hit anything - 10/09/18 01:56 PM

Dang, I must be a fool. I have a gun for ducks, another one for quail, a dove gun and then a shotgun that just sits in the safe.

Amazing I’ve had any luck at at All hunting
Posted By: KingHunter17

Re: Why you cant hit anything - 10/09/18 02:21 PM

I got a 10 gauge for crane and goose, 12 gauge for ducks, 16 gauge for dove, 20 gauge for quail, and a 410 for rabbit, squirrel, and sometimes dove and quail if I want a challenge. Looking to get a 28 gauge next. Also have 3 backups that sit in the safe. Guess I need to sell a lot
Posted By: Whack n stack

Re: Why you cant hit anything - 10/09/18 02:32 PM

his issue he ran into is he AIMS his shotgun. bring a case of shells, point and shoot, and you will be amazed with how much more fun and less worries youll have. AIM on the larger furry game with slugs though... and when is the garage sale???
Posted By: Jimbo

Re: Why you cant hit anything - 10/09/18 02:35 PM

Beware of the fella who owns just one gun!
Posted By: txtrophy85

Re: Why you cant hit anything - 10/09/18 05:20 PM

Originally Posted By: Jimbo

they probably don't hunt that much and could be dangerous....
Posted By: Texas buckeye

Re: Why you cant hit anything - 10/09/18 05:34 PM

You do realize the first sentences in your post are "know it all" statements. How do you know there are a lot of people that are certain they know better? Did you ask them? About everything?

It seems you failed your "try hard for today".. roflmao

LOL, I am just playing with ya! I totally understand what you are saying here though!
Posted By: Simple Searcher

Re: Why you cant hit anything - 10/09/18 05:58 PM

I only have five 12 gauges, I need more.
Posted By: maximum

Re: Why you cant hit anything - 10/09/18 06:16 PM

there are people that will never be able to shoot well
no matter what they're holding or what they're pointing
it at or how much they practice
Posted By: GLC

Re: Why you cant hit anything - 10/09/18 06:55 PM

To a point I agree, I started out back in the 70's with 1 shotgun. Single shot Topper 12 gauge. Used it for many years. Pretty deadly with it back then. Father in law told me that I sounded like a pump shotgun. 80's, 90's, 2000's - I have purchased many shotguns. Pump, semi auto, double barrel-side by side and over and under, 12 and 20 gauge. Basically I sucked pretty much with all of them. Pretty well got rid of most of them except the ones I am passing down. I picked up a 70's model Wingmaster a year or two ago and could not be happier. It is like what my son told me when he was learning to bowl at around 10. "Sure is a lot more fun when the pins fall down". Now the only gun I take out is that Wingmaster.
Posted By: Kevin Heath

Re: Why you cant hit anything - 10/09/18 07:58 PM

I grew up shooting 16ga., and thinking anyone that shot another gauge was ignorant...then the gun/shell manufacturers apparently decided to make it a dinosaur caliber. So I started experimenting with different calibers, until I settled on two...the 28 gauge and the 12 gauge. I wish the manufacturers would bring back the 16 gauge, as that the best gauge for me.

As far as ammo, I wish I could find one manufacturer that makes ammo to fit all my needs in the following speed 1300 feet per second, and I would probably heed you advice.

I miss 16 ga as well my first shottie was my Granddad's A.H. Fox Sterlingworth in 16, still shoot it on occasion ( still my favorite quail gun), but I have to reload for it, or pay through the nose.
Posted By: Smokey Bear

Re: Why you cant hit anything - 10/09/18 08:55 PM

Originally Posted By: nate33
Most "hunters" seem to think it is a good idea to have a different shotgun for each type of game. One for mallards,, one for teal, one for quail, one for squirrels, etc etc etc. Then they use a 12 ga, which is a basic admission that they KNOW they are going to miss--------- these people complain that they always miss, and are commonly refereed to as "blasters".
How to hit ------- pick the gun you like, and sell the rest at a garage sale next weekend-------- if it holds 3 shots, NEVER put more than 2 shells in it. 20 ga is a LOT better than 12 for any game ( except geese). And use that gun for every type of game. Only bring 1 box of shells with you on the hunt------ suddenly you will find that you are actually aiming and hitting game.
ps ------ for choke always use full. always. If the game is close, track him out to 30 yds and then shoot. "Blasting" is fun for a lot of 'hunters',,,, 'hitting' is more fun for real hunters.
One more thing ---- have 2 types of shells,,, one high power, one field loads --------- NEVER switch brands of shells,, find the brand you like and shoot it for the next 5 yrs.

Ok, I will bite. Your full of beans Nate. An ideal upland shotgun and an ideal waterfowl shotgun are distinctly different. A shotgun setup to match the task at hand can lead to a more enjoyable hunt, if the shooter's skill level is up to it. The same can be said for choking a shotgun to match the ranges you anticipate shooting.
Experience has taught me the following in respect to being able to hit with a shotgun:
1 Use shotguns that fit.
2 Develop a sound and consistent mount.
3 Point and follow through, rather than trying to aim. Many of the best shooters don't need the bead.
4 Practice or shoot enough to learn the proper sight picture and effective range with a given shotgun and load.
5 As soon as you have the proper sight picture, its as good as it's gonna get. Cut it loose rather than ride the target.
6 I often hunt with a 20 for the benefit of reduced weight and quick handling but a 12 guage has more versatility and is more effective if the skill level with either is equal.
7 A shooter that possesses enough skill will kick you butt with either one in his hands.
Posted By: scalebuster

Re: Why you cant hit anything - 10/09/18 09:17 PM

Nate, you should change your handle to Tin Cup. I’ll bet your golf game only requires a 7 iron. I don’t understand the part about “tracking” a bird out to 30 yards with a full choke at all? Aren’t the odds of killing that bird much better if you point and shoot at close range with an open choke? I’ll admit I can shoot an A5 better than any other shotgun I own but I don’t want to carry that heavy SOB around all day, and shooting pointed bird is easy.
Posted By: Duck_Hunter

Re: Why you cant hit anything - 10/10/18 04:20 AM

Great post.
Posted By: Age N Score ?

Re: Why you cant hit anything - 10/10/18 10:29 AM

popcorn
Posted By: copperhead

Re: Why you cant hit anything - 10/10/18 11:55 AM

I challenge myself when it comes to wing shooting. For example, I only do head shots when dove hunting. I always know which birds my wife shoots because they're full of shot. Of course, she lets me know I'm full of something else.
Posted By: Mathp

Re: Why you cant hit anything - 10/11/18 05:33 AM

I shot a 20 gauge from the age of 12 into my thirties and was waiting on a dove to get into range and my buddy behind me shot over my head with his 12 gauge and killed the dove I was waiting for. I went and bought a 12 and put an end to that bull....
Posted By: Colorado1

Re: Why you cant hit anything - 10/12/18 02:51 PM

I'm a "blaster". I know some great shots. Its fun watching them. With guns isn't it, "the more the merrier"?
Posted By: MO

Re: Why you cant hit anything - 10/13/18 03:17 PM

Originally Posted By: nate33

smile
MO
Posted By: TXHOGSLAYER

Re: Why you cant hit anything - 10/14/18 01:30 AM

Originally Posted By: Colorado1
I'm a "blaster". I know some great shots. Its fun watching them. With guns isn't it, "the more the merrier"?

I feel cheated if I get a limit of dove without using 3 boxes...
Posted By: DH3

Re: Why you cant hit anything - 10/14/18 04:56 PM

Absolute Hogwash!
Posted By: sig226fan (Rguns.com)

Re: Why you cant hit anything - 10/14/18 04:58 PM

Originally Posted By: FiremanJG

This advice holds true for rifle shooting as well.

Actually a lot more of it makes sense for rifles than for shotguns....
Posted By: sig226fan (Rguns.com)

Re: Why you cant hit anything - 10/14/18 05:00 PM

Originally Posted By: copperhead
I challenge myself when it comes to wing shooting. For example, I only do head shots when dove hunting. I always know which birds my wife shoots because they're full of shot. Of course, she lets me know I'm full of something else.

I've switched to just rimfire for dove, too easy with a shotgun
Posted By: Western

Re: Why you cant hit anything - 10/14/18 05:11 PM

Originally Posted By: sig226fan (Rguns.com)
Originally Posted By: copperhead

Meh, come back when you use a sling shot (not a wrist rocket, that is cheating) And you can only use one shape and size rock for "ammo".........

Re: Why you cant hit anything - 07/22/19 04:14 AM

That's a good one!

Re: Why you cant hit anything - 07/22/19 04:21 AM

I can't believe I'm almost 60 and this guy wants to tell me how to shoot! I've shot them with 410's 20's and 12 gauge, I would be happy to meet you at the range and see who can hit what?
Posted By: 10 Gauge

Re: Why you cant hit anything - 07/22/19 05:02 AM

Most hunters could probably get by on a singke 12 gauge pump gun for everything without feeling handicapped.

Most hunters also look for any excuse to get another gun.

Fair to say most people like nice things too smile

Re: Why you cant hit anything - 07/22/19 05:07 AM

Originally Posted by Western
Originally Posted by sig226fan (Rguns.com)
Originally Posted by copperhead

Meh, come back when you use a sling shot (not a wrist rocket, that is cheating) And you can only use one shape and size rock for "ammo".........

Them brits have gotten pretty good since the gun legislation got so bad

https://youtu.be/MA0Z22Po3Cs
Posted By: Pigsicles

Re: Why you cant hit anything - 07/22/19 10:23 AM

My safe has 24 spots and I’m obligated to make sure each spot is filled. Granted, a couple are pretty much safe queens but they are so dang beautiful that I just love to get them out and rub and caress them. This does seem to cause some issues as the wife has said that if I’d just rub her that way, things would be a lot better.
Life is so complicated. confused2
Posted By: Huntmaster

Re: Why you cant hit anything - 07/22/19 10:31 AM

Shooting dove has nothing to do with how many shotguns you own. You go out with the gun; the dove just happen to be there.
Posted By: Adchunts

Re: Why you cant hit anything - 07/22/19 12:14 PM

Looks like Nate already has a limit and is culling... peep

Re: Why you cant hit anything - 07/22/19 12:55 PM

He hasn't posted since Christmas Eve. 'Must be off in some other part of them internets, teaching the masses what's what. rolleyes Thanks for stopping by. Bye.
Posted By: Choctaw

Re: Why you cant hit anything - 07/22/19 12:56 PM

Originally Posted by sqiggy
Only 2 shells??
But my gun holds 5!!!

clap
Posted By: Black02z28

Re: Why you cant hit anything - 07/22/19 03:00 PM

You can certainly tell when we are in the "off season", however, seems to be a lack of Black Panther threads this summer....
Posted By: Sniper.270

Re: Why you cant hit anything - 07/22/19 06:33 PM

Because everyone now knows there are no black panthers in Texas.
Posted By: flintknapper

Re: Why you cant hit anything - 07/22/19 10:19 PM

Ok, I will bite. Your full of beans Nate. An ideal upland shotgun and an ideal waterfowl shotgun are distinctly different. A shotgun setup to match the task at hand can lead to a more enjoyable hunt, if the shooter's skill level is up to it. The same can be said for choking a shotgun to match the ranges you anticipate shooting.

Yep.

Pretty sure I would do better with either of my O/U's for quail hunting than my shotgun for home defense.

Could I 'make do'....perhaps, but why the hell would I.

Attached picture MossyFlex2.jpg
Attached picture shotguns2.jpg
Attached picture CD_2.JPG
Posted By: ChadTRG42

Re: Why you cant hit anything - 07/23/19 04:42 AM

Originally Posted by Mathp
That's a good one!

WHY! Why resurrect a thread that's almost a year old and from a guy who got booted off here?
troll

Re: Why you cant hit anything - 07/23/19 05:12 AM

hammer

Sorry
Posted By: flintknapper

Re: Why you cant hit anything - 07/23/19 05:46 AM

Originally Posted by ChadTRG42
That's a good one!

WHY! Why resurrect a thread that's almost a year old and from a guy who got booted off here?
troll

Because the Black Panthers aren't moving right now. Must be the heat. wink
Posted By: ducknbass

Re: Why you cant hit anything - 07/23/19 01:38 PM

I've got 12 different shotguns. I take 3 different guns on the usual duck hunt in case it's a mixed bag.

Re: Why you cant hit anything - 07/23/19 07:04 PM

Lol at the resurrection. smile

The hint that the OP might have been full of beans is when he refers to “aiming” a shotgun.
Posted By: TurkeyHunter

Re: Why you cant hit anything - 07/24/19 02:02 AM

I shot a 20 gauge from the age of 12 into my thirties and was waiting on a dove to get into range and my buddy behind me shot over my head with his 12 gauge and killed the dove I was waiting for. I went and bought a 12 and put an end to that bull....

Hmmm...a 12 and 20 shooting the same or equivalent shell brand/type generally can effectively shoot the same distance. Pellet density is less with a 20.

Not part of this topic but a full choke and modified for example both project pellets the same distance shooting the same shell. The difference is in the pattern.
Posted By: Brother in-law

Re: Why you cant hit anything - 07/24/19 02:30 AM

Originally Posted by txtrophy85
Originally Posted by Jimbo

they probably don't hunt that much and could be dangerous....

Or cheap, or old, or wishes they had more guns

If I did more bird hunting I would have 1-2 more shot guns, but they would be duck brand specific
Posted By: bigjoe8565

Re: Why you cant hit anything - 07/24/19 03:08 AM

I hunt with 2 shotguns. 12 gauge that has a camp finish for waterfowl and a lightweight 20 gauge semi for dove, turkey and occasional quail. I do alright using the two different guns.
Posted By: garyrapp55

Re: Why you cant hit anything - 07/24/19 05:55 PM

I can't believe I'm almost 60 and this guy wants to tell me how to shoot! I've shot them with 410's 20's and 12 gauge,

I can't believe that some guys think that being old makes them better shots and more experienced. bolt

Re: Why you cant hit anything - 07/24/19 06:59 PM

Originally Posted by garyrapp55
I can't believe I'm almost 60 and this guy wants to tell me how to shoot! I've shot them with 410's 20's and 12 gauge,

I can't believe that some guys think that being old makes them better shots and more experienced. bolt

A. You're pissing off a lot of THFers by calling 60 "old", and showing you're immaturity.

B. Maybe it doesn't make you a better shot, but please do explain how being old does NOT make you more experienced. confused2 Enlighten us, oh wise one.
Posted By: PMK

Re: Why you cant hit anything - 07/24/19 08:05 PM

clap

Re: Why you cant hit anything - 07/24/19 08:12 PM

Creekrunner, I'm teasing Mathp, age is a state of mind not a number. If facts piss you off, I can't control that. You asked for an explanation. A person born in 1959 may not shoot as frequently as a person born in say, 1960 or more recent. If the person born first hunts 10 times a year and the younger 100 times a year, who has more experience? It's simple math really, and facts. I'll give an example. A handful of shooters I have shot with in the last several years are younger than me and more experienced than me because they have shot more than me. Another example, some of the shooters I know are older than me and have less experience because they shoot less frequently than me, and maybe started after me. Again, I was teasing Mathp and am not sure why you came storming in all pissed about it. Maybe it would have been better that I hadn't said anything and minded my business. The same could be said for you too. Have a sit, drink a beer, and take a deep breathe, oh wise one.

Re: Why you cant hit anything - 07/24/19 08:23 PM

Age does not necessarily bring wisdom, nor youth necessarily preclude it.

And doing the same thing the same way for 50 years is not really experience. It’s just longevity. I know lots of guys who have about the same amount of knowledge at 60 as they did at 16.

Re: Why you cant hit anything - 07/24/19 08:47 PM

Creekrunner, another example, Nogalus Prairie is more experienced than me at hunting and fishing in the mountains outside Texas. I have seen evidence he has done both and I have never done either out of state. I don't know which of us is the senior but it is irrelevant. I'd bet my paycheck I am more experienced at racing motocross and riding street bikes than NP or you and I don't know how old you are and it matters not.
Posted By: Choctaw

Re: Why you cant hit anything - 07/24/19 09:13 PM

This isn't as good as a HF/LF thread, but it is still kind of fun. popcorn
Posted By: SnakeWrangler

Re: Why you cant hit anything - 07/24/19 09:28 PM

Originally Posted by Choctaw
This isn't as good as a HF/LF thread, but it is still kind of fun. popcorn

stir

Re: Why you cant hit anything - 07/24/19 09:55 PM

Lol my experience with motocross is to see it and go “Yeah, I wouldn’t last very long doing that.” smile

Re: Why you cant hit anything - 07/24/19 10:24 PM

Creekrunner, I'm teasing Mathp, age is a state of mind not a number. If facts piss you off, I can't control that. You asked for an explanation. A person born in 1959 may not shoot as frequently as a person born in say, 1960 or more recent. If the person born first hunts 10 times a year and the younger 100 times a year, who has more experience? It's simple math really, and facts. I'll give an example. A handful of shooters I have shot with in the last several years are younger than me and more experienced than me because they have shot more than me. Another example, some of the shooters I know are older than me and have less experience because they shoot less frequently than me, and maybe started after me. Again, I was teasing Mathp and am not sure why you came storming in all pissed about it. Maybe it would have been better that I hadn't said anything and minded my business. The same could be said for you too. Have a sit, drink a beer, and take a deep breathe, oh wise one.

I don't think I came in "storming", I just tease harder than you do. Anyhow, I was born in 1960, so I'm good, but I certainly don't, nor have I ever, hunted 100 times a year. laugh I was implying "experience" in general, as in life experience. 'Met too many folks that think anything an old person knows is irrelevant to "today's times". Granted, some old folks are just sphincters, as they were when they were younger, but, if you can take a breath, slow down, and listen to a lot of them, you actually can learn a thing or two.

Please be careful on those...donorcycles. bolt

Re: Why you cant hit anything - 07/24/19 10:32 PM

Murdercycles is what the ER doctor told my parents on one of my trips to the ER back in my high school days ... that day he was almost right.
Posted By: scalebuster

Re: Why you cant hit anything - 07/24/19 11:01 PM

Originally Posted by Creekrunner

A. You're pissing off a lot of THFers by calling 60 "old", and showing you're immaturity.

B. Maybe it doesn't make you a better shot, but please do explain how being old does NOT make you more experienced. confused2 Enlighten us, oh wise one.

I don’t think being old makes you a better shot either. I could shoot a shotgun or rifle offhand much better at age 12 than I can now. I remember killing 5 blue quail off one covey rise coming out of a cactus when I was 10 with a single shot 20. From age 16-23 I didn’t hardly miss game with any weapon. But I shot everyday, and had all the time in the world to hunt. My reflexes are slower now and my eyesight damn sure isn’t as good. Experience and age doesn’t always make things better, but I’ll keep hunting until I can’t get out of the truck, and then I’ll just shoot out of the window. At that age maybe I’ll have some brilliant words of wisdom for the kid cleaning my game for me.

Re: Why you cant hit anything - 07/25/19 01:30 AM

I don't know but one thing is for sure- ya'll do a great job of helping people spend their money! I am sure that old codger (or young catfish) was made resentful from his envy of some of your stuff!

A bunch of enablers on this forum I swear!

Now I badly want another shotgun. That dove gun thread has got my wheels turning.

Re: Why you cant hit anything - 07/25/19 02:19 AM

Please be careful on those...donorcycles

Yes sir, after I run this one into the ground, I may not get another, I'm not as enviable as I used to be.

Re: Why you cant hit anything - 07/25/19 02:54 PM

Please be careful on those...donorcycles

Yes sir, after I run this one into the ground, I may not get another, I'm not as enviable as I used to be.

invincible too ...

rode/raced for many years, but following 2 back surgeries, I have pretty much hung up my racing duds ... along with many other things
Posted By: Vern1

Re: Why you cant hit anything - 07/25/19 07:10 PM

You guys are lightweights!
I haven't missed a single dove in 15 or 16 years with my ole J C Higgins single shot 20ga.
But I haven't been dove hunting in last 15 or 16 years either.....

Re: Why you cant hit anything - 07/25/19 08:29 PM

Originally Posted by Vern1
I haven't missed a single dove in 15 or 16 years with my ole J C Higgins single shot 20ga.

Why risk a perfect record? up
Posted By: Navasot

Re: Why you cant hit anything - 07/25/19 08:41 PM

I use a slingshot

Re: Why you cant hit anything - 07/25/19 09:32 PM

Originally Posted by Vern1

Why risk a perfect record? up

Originally Posted by Navasot
I use a slingshot

I never missed one with a slingshot ever!
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum