Texas Hunting Forum

Sasquatch?

Posted By: Sparky45

Sasquatch? - 10/07/18 02:09 PM

What is this?
Posted By: mikei

Re: Sasquatch? - 10/07/18 02:23 PM

Some cat-like creature or illegal alien that walked too close to your camera. Any follow up shots? When any object gets too close to the game cams when they go off, you'll get that blinding white image that is totally washed out. It looks like it has a bit of fur on it, whatever it is; but, again, at point blank range it could be anything, even a moth or bird.

Re: Sasquatch? - 10/07/18 02:33 PM

My son hunted there Saturday morning and heard some meows like a house cat, then 5 min later heard several deep growls that scared the crap out of him
I guess I need to put a camera up for the camera!

Posted By: RattlesnakeDan

Re: Sasquatch? - 10/07/18 02:34 PM

I have raccoon pics that are like that...too close to be clear.
Is it legal to shoot a Bigfoot?
Posted By: mikei

Re: Sasquatch? - 10/07/18 03:38 PM

Originally Posted By: RattlesnakeDan

I don't believe it's legal, but having to field dress one would be a challenge. eek
Posted By: Double Naught Spy

Re: Sasquatch? - 10/07/18 03:56 PM

It IS legal to shoot imaginary animals!

Re: Sasquatch? - 10/07/18 04:04 PM

I wouldn't shoot BF with anything under a 270
Not sure how a bow would work
Posted By: SnakeWrangler

Re: Sasquatch? - 10/07/18 04:32 PM

Dr. Fords only creditable witness.....hiding from the FBI.....

Better call DiFi with this new evidence..... rofl
Posted By: dogcatcher

Re: Sasquatch? - 10/07/18 05:17 PM

Originally Posted By: Double Naught Spy
It IS legal to shoot imaginary animals!

I bet you could get a good deal on a taxidermy job for an imaginary animal.
Posted By: Palehorse

Re: Sasquatch? - 10/07/18 05:19 PM

[s][/s]

Yes it is!
https://www.livescience.com/20248-shooting-bigfoot-legal-texas.html

It's about durn time someone started a bigfoot thread around here.
Posted By: gusick

Re: Sasquatch? - 10/07/18 05:49 PM

It almost looks like a 55 gallon barrel?
Posted By: Simple Searcher

Re: Sasquatch? - 10/07/18 06:13 PM

Originally Posted By: Palehorse
[s][/s]

Yes it is!

What if it is just a big hairy guy. Then wouldn't it be murder?
Posted By: DStroud

Re: Sasquatch? - 10/07/18 06:59 PM

Don’t shoot Sasquatch this early fur is not prime yet wait until December. Although fur market is pretty bad last couple years... I still have not sold my Sasquatch furs from last year waiting for market to rebound.

Re: Sasquatch? - 10/07/18 07:09 PM

Originally Posted By: Sparky45
I wouldn't shoot BF with anything under a 270
Not sure how a bow would work

I am sure there have been plenty of them shot with a 223 sir, just nobody wants to say it for fear of ridicule.

Re: Sasquatch? - 10/07/18 11:40 PM

Originally Posted By: Simple Searcher
Originally Posted By: Palehorse
[s][/s]

Yes it is!

What if it is just a big hairy guy. Then wouldn't it be murder?

Then it would not have been sasquatch. Nobody here is shooting a target they cannot positively identify. Puh-lease!
Posted By: ducknbass

Re: Sasquatch? - 10/08/18 12:17 AM

It's not Sasquatch. Besides that idk
Posted By: Espy

Re: Sasquatch? - 10/08/18 12:32 AM

My son hunted there Saturday morning and heard some meows like a house cat, then 5 min later heard several deep growls that scared the crap out of him

Bigfoot is known to have mountain lions as pets so the pic is prob a Bigfoot.
Posted By: pigplinker

Re: Sasquatch? - 10/08/18 01:18 AM

Originally Posted By: SnakeWrangler
Dr. Fords only creditable witness.....hiding from the FBI.....

Better call DiFi with this new evidence..... rofl

Sasquatch has never been credible. DiFi is Sasquatch in makeup.
Posted By: gusick

Re: Sasquatch? - 10/08/18 01:51 AM

Anyone who doesn't believe in Bigfoot is an idiot.
Posted By: Espy

Re: Sasquatch? - 10/08/18 02:17 AM

Originally Posted By: gusick
Anyone who doesn't believe in Bigfoot is an idiot.

Posted By: 1860.colt

Re: Sasquatch? - 10/08/18 09:48 AM

scratch naw, ears b all wrong. Looks more like your typical werewolf.

DNS - Gots ta let em walk, let em age, & grow
flag
Posted By: crapicat

Re: Sasquatch? - 10/08/18 10:17 AM

You guys are killing me...it is the wind blowing the branches of a nearby tree over in front of the camera...hey, I like Bigfoot shows/stories as much as anyone, but at least have your tall buddy, with a beard put on a full length ghillie suit, with some brown face paint, come to the feeder, so you can get a good shot, or three. Then we can talk about Sasquatch!
Posted By: Western

Re: Sasquatch? - 10/08/18 10:26 AM

Not sure you fellas should be in the woods, that is clearly the mane of a unicorn, smdh.

Re: Sasquatch? - 10/08/18 10:46 AM

Originally Posted By: Western
Not sure you fellas should be in the woods, that is clearly the mane of a unicorn, smdh.

Dang it , Western...your RIGHT! I can see the horn and the mane, now...youngster though, as the horn is not even close to fully developed!
Posted By: happydaddy2

Re: Sasquatch? - 10/08/18 02:03 PM

I Grandma repeatedly said she once saw a mermaid, she saw really serious about it, i am 100% sure she wasn't crazy...she was a lawyer and teach a very conservative person. if Mermaids are real then why not bigfoot.

Re: Sasquatch? - 10/08/18 02:14 PM

Originally Posted By: happydaddy2
I Grandma repeatedly said she once saw a mermaid, she saw really serious about it, i am 100% sure she wasn't crazy...she was a lawyer and teach a very conservative person. if Mermaids are real then why not bigfoot.

It is not uncommon to believe that a person's status in life sort of gives or takes away credibility, as if being a lawyer and a teacher somehow means that her observations would carry more weight than the observations of somebody else. Smart and educated people who aren't crazy get fooled by things as well. Sometimes, they just want to believe...
Posted By: pigplinker

Re: Sasquatch? - 10/09/18 09:31 AM

Smart and educated people who aren't crazy get fooled by things as well. Sometimes, they just want to believe...

Didn't Dr. Ford have a PHD and teach? confused2 I'm going to leave this here to soak. popcorn

Re: Sasquatch? - 10/09/18 10:20 AM

Grandma saw a mermaid....there is a good song in there somewhere just dieing to get out. lol

Re: Sasquatch? - 10/09/18 11:17 AM

We pulled the cards from our other feeder on the place.
Funny thing, the stand my son hunted and the mystery pic came from, had hardly any deer on it, while the other feeder, just 1/4 mile away was covered with deer

Maybe a bobcat is hanging around that feeder and has the deer all spooked off?
If that’s the case, he’s gotta go

Re: Sasquatch? - 10/09/18 11:27 AM

It isn't that funny. Sometimes it happens. We have two feeders less than 60 yards apart that don't have the same traffic.

Re: Sasquatch? - 10/09/18 11:31 AM

We pulled the cards from our other feeder on the place.
Funny thing, the stand my son hunted and the mystery pic came from, had hardly any deer on it, while the other feeder, just 1/4 mile away was covered with deer

Maybe a bobcat is hanging around that feeder and has the deer all spooked off?
If that’s the case, he’s gotta go

Well, I have put out feeders where I thought were good spots, only to realize, that the animals disagreed. Might want to reconsider feeder placement.
Posted By: 8pointdrop

Re: Sasquatch? - 10/09/18 02:36 PM

If mamaw was a teacher, she really should have spent more time with you working on proper grammar.....
Posted By: Jimbo

Re: Sasquatch? - 10/09/18 03:19 PM

You either run with Sasquatch, or you run from Sasquatch....It's your choice!
Posted By: Greg Z

Re: Sasquatch? - 10/09/18 06:08 PM

Is a .223 acceptable for Big Foot and is it all about shot placement? bolt
Posted By: Dalroo

Re: Sasquatch? - 10/09/18 06:13 PM

Hunter goes into the woods with a bow, stumbles upon bigfoot who grabs the bow, tosses it aside and violates the hunter. A week later, seeking revenge, the hunter goes into the woods with a pistol. Again, stumbles upon bigfoot who grabs the pistol, tosses it aside, and violates the hunter. Next week, hunter goes into woods with a rifle, hellbent on revenge. Stumbles upon bigfoot who grabs the rifle, tosses it aside, and says, "You really aren't here to hunt, are you?"
Posted By: Texas buckeye

Re: Sasquatch? - 10/09/18 06:15 PM

Originally Posted By: Greg Z
Is a .223 acceptable for Big Foot and is it all about shot placement? bolt

Only for a neck shot. If you attempt any other shot you need to have a .50BMG and if placed just right will kill the beast by sucking the wind out of its lungs and at the same time preserving the carcass and fur for scientific study and fur sales.

It is this reason there are so few Bigfoot harvested because not everyone wants to carry such a big gun into the woods with them. Although, I have heard of HF places that have turrets with a .50 set up where you can hunt upwind of a bigfoot nest in your jeans and plaid shirt while smoking cigars and drinking a few brewskis.
Posted By: dogcatcher

Re: Sasquatch? - 10/09/18 10:24 PM

The Hawley Him has migrated south to Taylor county???

Re: Sasquatch? - 10/09/18 11:12 PM

Originally Posted By: 8pointdrop

If mamaw was a teacher, she really should have spent more time with you working on proper grammar.....

confused2 looks okay ta me. bolt
flag
Posted By: 8pointdrop

Re: Sasquatch? - 10/10/18 02:09 AM

Originally Posted By: colt.45
Originally Posted By: 8pointdrop

confused2 looks okay ta me. bolt
flag

roflmao Touché colt Touché

Re: Sasquatch? - 10/10/18 05:10 PM

back The other day twas out in d woods, looken for scrapes, rubs, trails, place ta set up for crossbow.
Had a flash back hunten texas. Generaly, mostly have garder snakes in Minnesota, unlike the moccasins, cain brake, types of rattlers, & copperheads that have come across on leases, & WMA's hunted.
Anyways, found a scrape or two, when noticed snake, (garder) slither between me feets. (Flashback) scratch think i set d record in d high jump, took off a runnen screamen & a yellen threw d woods, looken back, got close-lined by a limb.
When woke up from me nap, twas dark-thirty, headed out ta me truck, when spotted, the A.I.M.s team headen out. Said: they heard rummors of a squash thumpen & howlen in d area. Then they looked at me an asked: didnt we see U down in texas at a squash sighting ?
Just shook me head - Nope, a-awh, not me, dats how rummors get started.

scratch did i ever tells ya how i started d rummor of crop-cyrcles in d 70's ?

Mor-on dar later. rofl

flag
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum