Texas Hunting Forum

Wife took my weekend

Posted By: Sparta

Wife took my weekend - 09/24/18 06:41 PM

Man I'm bummed. I was getting all set to go to the ranch for bow open this weekend when my wife reminded me of her class reunion. No problem, I'll just take the girls with me. No go, the girls have a basketball game this weekend. cry

The good side of it is I now have an open hall pass for the remainder of the hunting season banana

Anyone else have to wait another week for their season to open?
Posted By: redchevy

Re: Wife took my weekend - 09/24/18 06:44 PM

We hunt far south ill happily give up opening weekend or the second weekend for an extra few days around Christmas or new years.
Posted By: ZK-315

Re: Wife took my weekend - 09/24/18 06:48 PM

I'm having to wait as well. My mother bought tickets to take my family and my sisters family to see Thomas the Train in Burnet this weekend. We're on MLD3 so this is our opener.
Posted By: PMK

Re: Wife took my weekend - 09/24/18 07:02 PM

don't blame your mom, it was your wife that told her about it ... bang
Posted By: ZK-315

Re: Wife took my weekend - 09/24/18 07:21 PM

Originally Posted By: PMK
don't blame your mom, it was your wife that told her about it ... bang

Ahh, forgot about that. bang I still think there's a common denominator here.
Posted By: Cast

Re: Wife took my weekend - 09/24/18 07:59 PM

Cmon, everybody knows the deer disappear on opening day.
Posted By: ChadTRG42

Re: Wife took my weekend - 09/24/18 08:03 PM

Yes, I won't be able to make opening weekend of bow season either. I will later, though!
Posted By: Always ready 2 hunt

Re: Wife took my weekend - 09/24/18 08:09 PM

Yep, I'll miss opening week to take wife to her favorite vacation spot for anniversary. Getting that out of the way for remainder of the most wonderful time of the year!
Posted By: Schpanky

Re: Wife took my weekend - 09/24/18 09:15 PM

my doctor and physical therapist have told me to wait until the 3rd week of October so the hand/finger can heal a bit more....not sure I can honor their request. Either way I'll be down there this weekend so I guess I'll have to get my son to draw my crossbow for me...we'll see how it goes. I'd sure like to get a doe in the freezer.
Posted By: Simple Searcher

Re: Wife took my weekend - 09/25/18 12:19 AM

If I don't take the wife opening weekend I might get in trouble. If someone else shoots the buck that she has been watching, I would be in big trouble.
Posted By: Dalee7892

Re: Wife took my weekend - 09/25/18 02:31 AM

At least the weather's seems to be cooperative.
Posted By: crapicat

Re: Wife took my weekend - 09/25/18 10:48 AM

Originally Posted By: Always ready 2 hunt
Yep, I'll miss opening week to take wife to her favorite vacation spot for anniversary. Getting that out of the way for remainder of the most wonderful time of the year!

That’s why you get married in the summer...after the spawn and well before hunting season... partyon555
Posted By: snake oil

Re: Wife took my weekend - 09/25/18 11:11 AM

Opening weekend is not near as good as last weekend of bow season.
Posted By: ChrisB

Re: Wife took my weekend - 09/25/18 12:04 PM

I'll be missing opener this year. First one in quite a few years.
Posted By: Always ready 2 hunt

Re: Wife took my weekend - 09/25/18 03:53 PM

Originally Posted By: crapicat

That’s why you get married in the summer...after the spawn and well before hunting season... partyon555

For real, I told her she could pick the date but it must before Oct 1 and after Feb 28 (back then those were traditional opening/closing hunting season dates) so as I could avoid anniversary during an opening day/weekend. She picked the last Sat in Sept. At least kids birthdays came out right and never had to worry about birthday parties during hunting season when the kids were growing up and at home.
Posted By: GLC

Re: Wife took my weekend - 09/25/18 05:06 PM

Going to have to miss it, had to have tonsil surgery last Thursday and then they found something else that was't supposed to be there so I guess I am sidelined for a while.
Posted By: Son of a Blitch

Re: Wife took my weekend - 09/25/18 05:19 PM

Sorry to hear that, GLC. Hope everything goes as smooth as possible for ya
Posted By: Jimbo

Re: Wife took my weekend - 09/25/18 05:40 PM

Just look at it as one day less that the skeeters get to eat.
Posted By: Old Rabbit

Re: Wife took my weekend - 09/25/18 08:09 PM

Originally Posted By: crapicat

Yep, early August wedding. To hot and dry for outside activities.
Posted By: unclebubba

Re: Wife took my weekend - 09/25/18 08:15 PM

Two kids soccer games, one kids baseball game, one kids birthday party, my sister is out of town, so my niece and nephew will be spending the weekend with me. Oct 6th is my opening weekend!
Posted By: copperhead

Re: Wife took my weekend - 09/26/18 11:24 AM

Can't go either, I have to get everything ready for an 8 day elk hunt in Colorado. grin
Posted By: Sparta

Re: Wife took my weekend - 09/26/18 01:57 PM

Originally Posted By: copperhead
Can't go either, I have to get everything ready for an 8 day elk hunt in Colorado. grin

I would call that a good reason! Enjoy the trip!!!
Posted By: titan2232

Re: Wife took my weekend - 09/26/18 02:27 PM

I'll be headed west Thursday night while hoping for good weather. I hear the Sonora area was hammered with rain recently
Posted By: soonersorlaters

Re: Wife took my weekend - 09/26/18 09:39 PM

Parents weekend at Texas Tech this weekend so I'll be delayed a week. I do have next Friday off and the weather forecast looks to be cooler as well so I ain't mad.
Posted By: major_74

Re: Wife took my weekend - 09/30/18 09:09 PM

Made sure we got married in the summer when it was too hot to do anything else
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum