Texas Hunting Forum

my rangefinder has 9 lives

Posted By: txtrophy85

my rangefinder has 9 lives - 09/24/18 02:57 PM

years ago, I needed a rangfinder quick, so I bought a cheap simmons 4x rangefinder. Nothing fancy but gets the job done. about 6 years ago, I bowhunted out of a tripod. after the hunt, I climbed down and left for home. Couldn't find my rangefinder.

about 6 months later I go back to that spot and find the tripod had blown over, I look around and find my rangefinder in its case laying on a rock. 6 months in the sun & rain and it still works fine.

Yesterday I go shoot a bit with my son, i shoot a few quick ranges and i lay the rangefinder on my rear bumper. we start getting attacked by mosquitos and we hurry home. This morning, after running the younger one to school, i go to let my dog back into the truck. before i drop the tailgate, i see my rangefinder sitting there on the bumper. then it occurs to me....not only did the rangefinder stay there on the 1/2 mile ride home, but also a 10 mile trip this morning, all while laying on a 5" bumper attached to a bumpy 3/4 ton truck
Posted By: QuitShootinYoungBucks

Re: my rangefinder has 9 lives - 09/24/18 03:10 PM

You should buy a lottery ticket.
Posted By: SnakeWrangler

Re: my rangefinder has 9 lives - 09/24/18 03:18 PM

You should keep up with your stuff better....rofl

Seriously, I misplace stuff all the time and usually loose it for ever..... bang
Posted By: snake oil

Re: my rangefinder has 9 lives - 09/24/18 06:31 PM

I'd have that thing mounted..LOL
Posted By: ZK-315

Re: my rangefinder has 9 lives - 09/24/18 06:52 PM

Originally Posted By: QuitShootinYoungBucks
You should buy a lottery ticket.

x2

I've had a 4 cell maglight ride on the back bumper from Fairfield to Temple (~2 hour trip) before. The maglight made it home, but the lottery ticket was a loser. frown
Posted By: Pope&Young

Re: my rangefinder has 9 lives - 09/24/18 07:44 PM

You must drive a smooth riding Ford up
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum