Hunting Licenses - 08/15/18 07:38 AM

are on sale today.
Thats all.

Online is the way to do it, bought 3 states within 10 minutes
Posted By: RedRanger

Re: Hunting Licenses - 08/15/18 09:03 AM

Posted By: Buzzsaw

Re: Hunting Licenses - 08/15/18 09:43 AM

WOW, is it the 15th already !!! I'll get mine today, kind of a ritual for me and my daughter. YES, I have to buy her Super Combo cry

At least mine is only $32 cuz I'm old.

Thanks for the reminder Beaversnipe! I'm also going rifle shopping at Cabelas today bolt
Posted By: Halfadozen

Re: Hunting Licenses - 08/15/18 05:09 PM

Originally Posted By: beaversnipe
are on sale today.
Thats all.

And don't forget to answer the HIP questions!
Posted By: ChadTRG42

Re: Hunting Licenses - 08/15/18 05:11 PM

I'll go get mine! Mine and my sons are FREE! (Or should I say, already paid for!)
Posted By: RLoving1

Re: Hunting Licenses - 08/15/18 05:30 PM

Already got mine online...when I saw the date I jumped on it and out of way. banana
Posted By: Mickey Moose

Re: Hunting Licenses - 08/15/18 05:41 PM

Saw the email and got excited thinking it was a drawn hunt notification. Drawing is tomorrow.
Posted By: HoldPoint

Re: Hunting Licenses - 08/15/18 05:43 PM

bought online this morning - looking forward to another season
Posted By: SnakeWrangler

Originally Posted By: RedRanger

up

Gotta go get ours on my next days off....
Posted By: YanceyTX_Hunter

Yea just did mine online, forgot to add my stamps so had to spend another 5$ doing that hammer
Posted By: Herbie Hancock

Re: Hunting Licenses - 08/15/18 07:53 PM

This is an exciting time as it lets me know that the hunting season is upon us....it's like Christmas in August.
Posted By: Espy

Re: Hunting Licenses - 08/15/18 10:05 PM

Just ordered mine online easypeazy. Dont forget HIP
Posted By: Simple Searcher

Re: Hunting Licenses - 08/16/18 01:16 AM

Originally Posted By: Halfadozen
Originally Posted By: beaversnipe
are on sale today.
Thats all.

And don't forget to answer the HIP questions!

Got mine today, and it is the first time in about 6 years that they even asked me the HIP questions, it usually just has the HIP on the license.
Posted By: Txduckman

Re: Hunting Licenses - 08/16/18 05:13 AM

Academy has special. Free super combo with purchase of certain guns. One is Ruger Axis. My HIP will be lowest in years...
Posted By: Gulfgoose

Re: Hunting Licenses - 08/16/18 02:31 PM

Originally Posted By: Mickey Moose
Saw the email and got excited thinking it was a drawn hunt notification. Drawing is tomorrow.

Glad I'm not the only one!
Posted By: Lakhota

Re: Hunting Licenses - 08/16/18 02:41 PM

I got mine yesterday at the Academy in Rockwall and it was the first time I haven't been asked the HIP questions. Also they kept trying to charge me $5 even though I have a lifetime license.
Posted By: QMC SW/EXW

Re: Hunting Licenses - 08/16/18 06:42 PM

Got mine last night and applied for a bunch of javelina and deer hunts.
Posted By: pigplinker

Re: Hunting Licenses - 08/16/18 07:00 PM

Originally Posted By: ChadTRG42
I'll go get mine! Mine and my sons are FREE! (Or should I say, already paid for!)

It is nice to walk in and walk out without spending any money. My has been paid for several years now. I feel like I get paid when I walk out with my Lifetime combo. I bought mine the last year it was 500.00.
Posted By: whitedawg

Re: Hunting Licenses - 08/16/18 09:26 PM

Got the email yesterday...bought online right away. Love the online especially being out of state right now
Posted By: SapperTitan

Re: Hunting Licenses - 08/16/18 09:36 PM

Got my free super combo today and tried to get my sons and they told me he couldn’t get one till he was 9. Emailed TPWD got response telling them they were wrong and that I could indeed buy my 6 yr old a license.
Posted By: soonersorlaters

Re: Hunting Licenses - 08/16/18 11:44 PM

Originally Posted By: Lakhota
I got mine yesterday at the Academy in Rockwall and it was the first time I haven't been asked the HIP questions. Also they kept trying to charge me $5 even though I have a lifetime license.

$5 service fee for online transactions
Posted By: Mr. T.

Re: Hunting Licenses - 08/17/18 01:26 PM

Originally Posted By: Buzzsaw
WOW, is it the 15th already !!! I'll get mine today, kind of a ritual for me and my daughter. YES, I have to buy her Super Combo cry

At least mine is only $32 cuz I'm old.

Thanks for the reminder Beaversnipe! I'm also going rifle shopping at Cabelas today bolt

Just got mine and my wifes, and our hunting/fishing licenses were only $16 because we are older.
Posted By: Hunt Dog

Re: Hunting Licenses - 08/17/18 01:43 PM

Originally Posted By: soonersorlaters

Got my Lifetime tags at Academy in Greenville last evening, and ordered my Fed Duck stamp.
The girl was telling me that company policy is that they can get in BIG trouble if they don't do the HIP Certification every time.
Posted By: Lakhota

Re: Hunting Licenses - 08/18/18 03:08 PM

Originally Posted By: Hunt Dog
Originally Posted By: soonersorlaters

Got my Lifetime tags at Academy in Greenville last evening, and ordered my Fed Duck stamp.
The girl was telling me that company policy is that they can get in BIG trouble if they don't do the HIP Certification every time.

This is the first time I can remember not being asked the questions for the HIP Certification. I watched the kid do the same thing for the person in front of me. The only reason anything was even said about HIP was because I told him to make sure he was HIP cert. The kid said I'm going to do that and then never asked the questions.
Posted By: Bmnloader

Re: Hunting Licenses - 08/18/18 03:46 PM

Got mine online yesterday. Pretty easy.
Posted By: Scott W

Re: Hunting Licenses - 08/18/18 07:34 PM

Got mine today.
Posted By: Creek Henry

Re: Hunting Licenses - 08/22/18 06:36 PM

My son is 14 and I want to take him to some public Dove hunting lands this season. I'll get him the youth license but 2 questions:

Under 17, do kids needs a migratory license? twpd says something about him not needing a duck stamp

Under 17, it sounds like he can come with me to hunt on the public lands with no stamp also... but I want to be sure.

Anyone know and TY,
Posted By: soonersorlaters

Re: Hunting Licenses - 08/22/18 07:06 PM

Originally Posted By: Creek Henry
My son is 14 and I want to take him to some public Dove hunting lands this season. I'll get him the youth license but 2 questions:

Under 17, do kids needs a migratory license? twpd says something about him not needing a duck stamp

Under 17, it sounds like he can come with me to hunt on the public lands with no stamp also... but I want to be sure.

Anyone know and TY,

Go to their facebook page and message them. I had a question about trapping regulations, asked for clarification and received a timely response. And I have their response in writing to insure no misunderstanding.
Posted By: rdhibbs

Re: Hunting Licenses - 08/22/18 07:09 PM

Under 17 the $7.00 License is all he needs. Last I knew I think he hunts on public land free but must be accompanied with an adult with a public land permit. Double check that.

Re: Hunting Licenses - 08/22/18 07:53 PM

Youth license comes will all state endorsements. Federal Duck Stamp is only required for hunters 16 and older.
Posted By: nocknload

Re: Hunting Licenses - 08/23/18 12:33 AM

i need to get mine by this weekend
Posted By: Creek Henry

Re: Hunting Licenses - 08/23/18 09:24 PM

That's what I've gleaned from the tpwd site, but the verbiage isn't straightfoward. I'll check FB also.

Re: Hunting Licenses - 08/23/18 09:38 PM

As long as they are under 17 they are covered by your permit. All they need is the youth license. All spelled out on their website:

https://tpwd.texas.gov/huntwild/hunt/youth_hunting/
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum