Texas Hunting Forum

Hog Tails $$$

Posted By: ndhunter

Hog Tails $$$ - 07/27/18 05:49 PM

Open season on hogs in Guadalupe County. Two hog tails gets you a six pack!

Guadalupe County will pay people to hunt feral hogs
https://www.mysanantonio.com/lifestyle/t...al-13034168.php

Think they tried this down around Ft Hood and Lake Belton using a pair of ears to collect bounty a while back
Posted By: dkershen

Re: Hog Tails $$$ - 07/27/18 06:10 PM

Might help a little. $5 a tail isn't going to get anyone out of bed and chasing hogs that don't already hunt them.
Posted By: stxranchman

Re: Hog Tails $$$ - 07/27/18 06:30 PM

They did that in Goliad County for several years. IIRC county wide they were enough hogs killed to get more money from the state to fund it by placing in the top 3 counties for numbers of hogs killed. The period last 3 months I think. I never participated so that they would have extra money to pay those who did. I think I killed/trapped like 70 hogs over the few years the county did it.
Posted By: colt45-90

Re: Hog Tails $$$ - 07/27/18 10:24 PM

they did that in Caldwell a couple years ago, big numbers turned in.
Posted By: 1860.colt

Re: Hog Tails $$$ - 07/27/18 11:36 PM

Originally Posted By: dkershen
Might help a little. $5 a tail isn't going to get anyone out of bed and chasing hogs that don't already hunt them.

rofl Vs hunter pay's land owner ta help with hog problems.

We used ta get between .10-.25 cents per gopher helping land owner. Got thinned out quick, later did it free... good target practice. Land owners apreciated it.
Kept hogs in check around me deer food plots & corn feeders. Other wild game. & hit the WMA when it opened up. Increased deer polulation, 1 deer ta 4 deer. Cheek hostory of Smith county. We tried get just 1 doe tag- told not enough deer. Stayed with hog hunts even after it went 4 deer. Did the archery deer&hogs.
Then i be's a snowflake - thinks man Does play part in global warming.
flag
Posted By: JCB

Re: Hog Tails $$$ - 07/27/18 11:52 PM

If they did that in the county I hunt I would pop a few more. I use to shoot them all but now days I probably only shoot 30% of what I see. After you kill a few hundred it becomes more work than its worth so I quit pulling the trigger on most of them unless they look at me wrong. $5 each would get the rifle barrel smoking again.
Posted By: Simple Searcher

Re: Hog Tails $$$ - 07/28/18 12:08 AM

I will kill every hog that I see with or without $5. The problem is that no one really wants to eliminate them. $5 wont help.
Posted By: maximus_flavius

Re: Hog Tails $$$ - 07/28/18 12:40 AM

If they won’t pay me, I’ll pay them........
Posted By: 1860.colt

Re: Hog Tails $$$ - 07/28/18 12:56 AM

Originally Posted By: Simple Searcher
I will kill every hog that I see with or without $5. The problem is that no one really wants to eliminate them. $5 wont help.

peep Been guilty of that whip enjoyed the 24-7-365 hog hunts, this is a hunting forum, gave out invites bout the WMA hunting. Since it opened up ta public have seen less hogs than whin first opened up & i didnt do the easy hunts. Hit the thick nasty out of way areas. Very seldom seenorange.
Buddy kept telling me put down the cam, then usualy huntsolo, & health from work (foundry) was getten best of me. Got nothen genst shoot & let lie, low-income & it twas a Blessing not a problem. Lots of people willing ta go hog hunten, some even willing ta pay...
Thar b three types of hunters.
flag
Posted By: Choctaw

Re: Hog Tails $$$ - 07/28/18 01:26 AM

Kinda like taking scalps. You can count me in.
Posted By: SnakeWrangler

Re: Hog Tails $$$ - 07/28/18 01:53 AM

Roadkill $5 a tail..... peep
Posted By: RattlesnakeDan

Re: Hog Tails $$$ - 07/28/18 02:53 AM

For every one actually killed in the county there will 2 killed elsewhere and tails brought in. Should be called Hog Tales.

Re: Hog Tails $$$ - 07/28/18 03:38 PM

Originally Posted By: RattlesnakeDan
For every one actually killed in the county there will 2 killed elsewhere and tails brought in. Should be called Hog Tales.

I don't think anybody is going to get rich in the process
Posted By: Simple Searcher

Re: Hog Tails $$$ - 07/28/18 08:00 PM

Originally Posted By: SnakeWrangler
Roadkill $5 a tail..... peep

Reminds me of the time I saw a dead coyote on the side of the road in New Mexico, it didn't have ears
Posted By: Txduckman

Re: Hog Tails $$$ - 07/29/18 02:52 AM

Pretty sure it will cost more than $5 to bring a tail to another county. But meth is a strong drug...
Posted By: stxranchman

Re: Hog Tails $$$ - 07/29/18 03:11 AM

I have caught several hogs in traps here that were missing tails.

Re: Hog Tails $$$ - 07/31/18 01:51 AM

Originally Posted By: ndhunter
Open season on hogs in Guadalupe County. Two hog tails gets you a six pack!

Guadalupe County will pay people to hunt feral hogs
https://www.mysanantonio.com/lifestyle/t...al-13034168.php

Think they tried this down around Ft Hood and Lake Belton using a pair of ears to collect bounty a while back

Looks like Hays County wants some of that action too

https://www.mysanantonio.com/news/local/...ch-13100904.php
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum