Texas Hunting Forum

Want to establish an ownership hunting club

Posted By: Washington1

Want to establish an ownership hunting club - 07/23/18 06:19 PM

I am moving from Washington state to Texas and I am looking for a small number of partners (owners) to purchase a multipurpose(duck, deer, Hog) hunting property yet to be identified in Texas. Size of property will depend on number of partners participating. Initial contribution to be in the range of $400k. Please contact if interested.
Posted By: dkershen

Re: Want to establish an ownership hunting club - 07/23/18 07:12 PM

$400K? As in ten people to buy a $4mil private hunting ranch?
Posted By: fouzman

Re: Want to establish an ownership hunting club - 07/23/18 07:23 PM

I have 10 friends who did just the same on 1,000 acres in Throckmorton. But not for $4M. Four of the 10 originals have left. The rest of the group bought out the first two, but still have two spots available. I can tell you that it has been nothing buy a PITA for them. Getting two people to agree on how to manage that property is a pain. Getting 10 is virtually impossible when everyone is an owner. I've owned property with someone else once in my lifetime. Very bad idea, imo. Never again.
Posted By: Creekrunner

Re: Want to establish an ownership hunting club - 07/23/18 07:29 PM

Originally Posted By: fouzman
Very bad idea, imo.

Ditto.
Posted By: Rustler

Re: Want to establish an ownership hunting club - 07/23/18 08:22 PM

You'll be much better off using that $400k to buy your own place & forget about the shared ownership thing.
Posted By: maximus_flavius

Re: Want to establish an ownership hunting club - 07/23/18 08:31 PM

Originally Posted By: fouzman
I have 10 friends who did just the same on 1,000 acres in Throckmorton. But not for $4M. Four of the 10 originals have left. The rest of the group bought out the first two, but still have two spots available. I can tell you that it has been nothing buy a PITA for them. Getting two people to agree on how to manage that property is a pain. Getting 10 is virtually impossible when everyone is an owner. I've owned property with someone else once in my lifetime. Very bad idea, imo. Never again.

That’s only 100 acres each. I bet they were tripping over each other. In that part of the world, each hunter would need at least 400 acres, or maybe up to twice that, for any type of management to work. IMO
Posted By: don k

Re: Want to establish an ownership hunting club - 07/23/18 10:30 PM

Someone a while back was wanting to do this. Personally I would run as fast as i could from anything like this. But good luck. You remember what P.T. Barnum said.
Posted By: SnakeWrangler

Re: Want to establish an ownership hunting club - 07/23/18 11:10 PM

This ^^^^^^^^^^€ bolt
Posted By: Simple Searcher

Re: Want to establish an ownership hunting club - 07/23/18 11:30 PM

I quail hunted a place near Big Lake like that. It hit the ground running. Then some hunters shot all the quail. Then someone shot a deer that was 4 but looked 6 years old, but not to the guy that thought he was the main guy and he thought he was God's gift to management. There were 10 people on 5000 acres IIRC. The last that I heard was there was only 2 originals left, one that never went out there and the one that was buying everyone else share at a discount as they wanted to bail out ASAP.
Now that I think about it, that may be a way to buy land cheap, just piss everyone else off. nidea
Posted By: tlk

Re: Want to establish an ownership hunting club - 07/23/18 11:47 PM

I have worked with business owners for 40 years - I have seen 95 % of them fall apart. Even brothers do not last long in partnerships. For what you are trying to do? Good luck and be ready to end up with all the liability

My guess is this guy never post here again - he was fishing for suckers
Posted By: soonersorlaters

Re: Want to establish an ownership hunting club - 07/24/18 12:14 AM

Originally Posted By: Washington1
I am moving from Washington state to Texas and I am looking for a small number of partners (owners) to purchase a multipurpose(duck, deer, Hog) hunting property yet to be identified in Texas. Size of property will depend on number of partners participating. Initial contribution to be in the range of $400k. Please contact if interested.

Can I pay $500,000 and get an extra doe for the freezer each year? LOL
Posted By: stxranchman

Re: Want to establish an ownership hunting club - 07/24/18 12:17 AM

Good luck, but I would not consider it.
Posted By: onlysmith&wesson

Re: Want to establish an ownership hunting club - 07/24/18 02:37 AM

$400,000 would go a long way to some great hunting on very good lease property. If you have 400k, get on a quality lease at 10k per year with lots of flexibility and options to renew or move on.
Posted By: TXHOGSLAYER

Re: Want to establish an ownership hunting club - 07/24/18 03:33 AM

Send me your 400k and then I will find the rest of the people. smile
Posted By: Txduckman

Re: Want to establish an ownership hunting club - 07/24/18 03:53 AM

This is how high fences began! And it wasn't the neighbors putting them up! roflmao

Re: Want to establish an ownership hunting club - 07/24/18 06:34 AM

Thanks for all your input and suggestions. Not looking for suckers, just looking for the best way to have good hunting and grow my investment. I just sold my membership in a 29 owner duck club and understand the issues with multiple owners. We had 29 owners on 2000 mostly flooded acres. All members could hunt everyday of season if that is what they wanted or 105 man-days counting guests. We had a ranch manager to work the government for funding and help assign blinds. Frustrating at times but my investment went up 1000% in 20 years. My main interest is duck hunting and that probably works better than for deer most everywhere. In my search, I can find 50 acres and 500+ acres and not much in between.
Posted By: Txduckman

Re: Want to establish an ownership hunting club - 07/24/18 06:47 AM

Maybe try Louisiana or Arkansas then but they already have $100k clubs. Never heard of $400k ones... What was initial contribution of those members and how much did they make in 20 years if you made 1000%? Not sure business model works the same today. If I had 400k cash I am buying my own place. There are duck clubs to buy but you need to own them typically and cost you millions.
Posted By: therancher

Re: Want to establish an ownership hunting club - 07/24/18 03:41 PM

Partnering on a club based on hunting migratory birds is one thing. Partnering on a deer operation is completely different here in Texas. You would be making a $400,000 mistake if you follow your plan.
Posted By: mattyg06

Re: Want to establish an ownership hunting club - 07/24/18 03:46 PM

There are several hunt clubs advertising equity ownership spots for sale on lands of Texas currently. I would research those listings then go look at those clubs to see if any would fit your budget. It seems like it would be a good idea to get some experience in this specific area before you set out to establish your own hunt club from scratch.

Re: Want to establish an ownership hunting club - 07/25/18 05:36 PM

This is good advice. I have studied opportunities for a while and have locations in mind. If you know of any owner clubs looking for members I would appreciate you letting me know.
Posted By: mattyg06

Re: Want to establish an ownership hunting club - 07/25/18 06:14 PM

Sent you PM of a property available that may help in your pursuit of knowledge in this area.
Posted By: Mickey Moose

Re: Want to establish an ownership hunting club - 07/27/18 04:09 AM

I think the following is the last fun thread about a similar concept. It didn't last. Well, that's being nice. I'm sure it didn't even get off the ground.

http://texashuntingforum.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/6092899/New_Hunting_Club_in_Colorado

These concepts are misguided. Those with the wherewithal are not interested.
Posted By: tlk

Re: Want to establish an ownership hunting club - 07/27/18 11:23 AM

Originally Posted By: Mickey Moose
I think the following is the last fun thread about a similar concept. It didn't last. Well, that's being nice. I'm sure it didn't even get off the ground.

http://texashuntingforum.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/6092899/New_Hunting_Club_in_Colorado

These concepts are misguided. Those with the wherewithal are not interested.

I remember that thread - look at my post on 12/27/2015 - I said come back in one year and see where this guys "project" is - of course his last post was on 3/9/2016 never to be heard from again. That guy was goofy
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum