Texas Hunting Forum

Major League Bowhunter T.V. show

Posted By: BDB

Major League Bowhunter T.V. show - 03/09/18 05:32 PM

I have not seen it talked about here unless I missed it. Just wondering who is boy cotting that show with their stance on AR 15 "military" rifles?
Posted By: sbushee

Re: Major League Bowhunter T.V. show - 03/09/18 06:46 PM

What’s their stance?
Posted By: Herbie Hancock

Re: Major League Bowhunter T.V. show - 03/09/18 06:48 PM

I saw Chipper Jones catching a lot of flack for it.
Posted By: ducknbass

Re: Major League Bowhunter T.V. show - 03/09/18 07:24 PM

Never heard of them
Posted By: Black02z28

Re: Major League Bowhunter T.V. show - 03/09/18 07:38 PM

I'm am aware of the show but never watched. Saw Chippers comments and was pretty disappointed by them. He was one of my favorite ball players when I was a kid.
Posted By: FoxTrot

Re: Major League Bowhunter T.V. show - 03/09/18 08:20 PM

One of my fav ball players and that wont change however I cant agree with his stance so I wont watch his show anymore.
Posted By: Opening Day

Re: Major League Bowhunter T.V. show - 03/09/18 08:34 PM

What were Chipper’s comments?
Posted By: Herbie Hancock

Re: Major League Bowhunter T.V. show - 03/09/18 08:43 PM

This was his reply to the letter that Major League Bow Hunting put out

Re: Major League Bowhunter T.V. show - 03/09/18 08:59 PM

Thanks Herbie.

Re: Major League Bowhunter T.V. show - 03/09/18 09:04 PM

Matt Duff (co founder of Major league bowhunter) stood behind Jone's statement. He was host of the show "Friends of the NRA" . His wife Jessie Duff shoots competitive competition and I believe uses the AR 15 for competition.

I'm disappointed in their stance.

Re: Major League Bowhunter T.V. show - 03/09/18 09:35 PM

Well we all know there are going to be more and more coming out with these stances. I am all for our rights but it is getting a little scary with all this crap going on. You know their not going to face the real issues and that is mental health. The schools could also stop blowing gazillions of dollars on sports facilities and pay to have cops in every school and pay teachers what they deserve as well, but that will never happen.
Posted By: Txduckman

Re: Major League Bowhunter T.V. show - 03/09/18 10:09 PM

Zumbo and others went through the same thing years ago. I got to say, first time I saw one at a ranch 16 years ago, I was like, wtf is that. We shoot them a lot now for fun. They are fun! I have hunted with one a few times. But Chipper thinks everyone is lazy who hunts with a firearm.
Posted By: Sneaky

Re: Major League Bowhunter T.V. show - 03/10/18 12:16 AM

Chipper Jones is a b$&@! Plain and simple. He flat out contradicts himself by trying to appease both sides in his statement. That’s all that was. He’s gutless for not backing the Second Ammendment fully, but claiming he does.
Posted By: pigplinker

Re: Major League Bowhunter T.V. show - 03/10/18 12:47 AM

Originally Posted By: Sneaky
Chipper Jones is a b$&@! Plain and simple. He flat out contradicts himself by trying to appease both sides in his statement. That’s all that was. He’s gutless for not backing the Second Ammendment fully, but claiming he does.

I'm with Sneaky on this. It sounded like he was hung up on the fence. If we start picking each others choices apart then we fall. Lefty's stick together no matter what. They have their agenda and don't care how long it takes. Divide and conquer that is their plan.
Posted By: bp3

Re: Major League Bowhunter T.V. show - 03/10/18 01:03 AM

Taking odds on whether they hunt at the Whittington centers ( NRA ) ranch again.
Posted By: Simple Searcher

Re: Major League Bowhunter T.V. show - 03/10/18 01:17 AM

Some bow hunters get a little eat up with themselves. Some act as though they are some sort of hunting purist and suddenly they have been enlightened by God to share their infinite wisdom with us lessors.
I love bow hunting but I almost hate to visit the bow counter at some places, some of them guys are a bit different.
I can't say how many times I have heard "hunting with a gun is cheating." While the guy is standing there with a bow that looks like something from the future, complete with laser sights, and more gadgets and gizmos than a Rube Goldburg machine.
Just because you hunt with a bow doesn't mean that I shouldn't have a gun. It has nothing to do with hunting.
Posted By: maximus_flavius

Re: Major League Bowhunter T.V. show - 03/10/18 02:46 AM

Chipper sounds like a real prick
Posted By: Jgraider

Re: Major League Bowhunter T.V. show - 03/10/18 02:48 AM

I played minor league baseball, and several of my friends made it to the Big Leagues. All of them said Chipper was a real douchenozzle.

Re: Major League Bowhunter T.V. show - 03/10/18 03:06 AM

I’m sorry but I would venture to say that if Chipper came out with the opposite response no one would be calling him a doushbag. The man has an opinion which is the #1 amendment. Don’t hate a man for his God given right. If that were the case there would be MANY on this forum who could and should be talked about negatively because they have opinions!
Posted By: txh

Re: Major League Bowhunter T.V. show - 03/10/18 04:56 AM

Opening Day, I agree. If he said or wrote more than what was posted above, I haven’t read or heard it. In what was posted above, he respectfully stated his “opinion”, without bashing those who may disagree. Some of the replies above remind me of the left. You disagree with him, so he’s a prick and a db. I’m an avid rifle hunter (not bow), and own a lot of guns, including ARs. While I’m not cheering the notion of gun control, I agree with Chipper that we need to “talk” about ideas that might limit future mass shootings. Unfortunately, there’s nothing we can do that will eliminate them. I don’t pretend to know the answer, but it would sure be nice if both sides could come together to debate the issue in a civil, respectful manner. That’s what’s missing in our culture today.
Posted By: 1860.colt

Re: Major League Bowhunter T.V. show - 03/10/18 05:13 AM

Originally Posted By: Opening Day
I’m sorry but I would venture to say that if Chipper came out with the opposite response no one would be calling him a doushbag. The man has an opinion which is the #1 amendment. Don’t hate a man for his God given right. If that were the case there would be MANY on this forum who could and should be talked about negatively because they have opinions!

flag

Re: Major League Bowhunter T.V. show - 03/10/18 12:38 PM

To the left "talk" & "compromise" means giving up your guns, some st first, then others, until you don't have any.

Law abiding folks don't commit crimes (hint; thats why they are law abiding). Taking guns away from them will do NOTHING to lessen crime.

Criminals don't follow the law (hint; that's why they are criminals). They won't follow ANY laws that they don't want.

Law enforcement doesn't enforce current laws.

Any new laws will only apply to law abiding folks.

Law abiding citizens are not responsible for the actions of criminals.

I am not guilty of rape, because I have a dick. Nor am I guilty of drunk driving becuase I have a vehicle. I am not guilty of any crimes involving a firearm, just because I own firearms.

Anyone who wants to compromise with gun grabbers is an idiot.

Chipper McDumbass has his opinion. My opinion of him is he's an idiot & a prick, & thank God I don't have to give up my rights because of what some idiot thinks.
Posted By: skinnerback

Re: Major League Bowhunter T.V. show - 03/10/18 06:08 PM

Got a few of those on here too. “I support the 2’nd but...”

Re: Major League Bowhunter T.V. show - 03/10/18 06:25 PM

Originally Posted By: skinnerback

I know it. People have no clue what it is or how important it is. You either back it or you don’t. There is no “but.”

Re: Major League Bowhunter T.V. show - 03/10/18 06:26 PM

Originally Posted By: txh
we need to “talk” about ideas that might limit future mass shootings. Unfortunately, there’s nothing we can do that will eliminate them.

You can talk all you want. I ain't givin up nothin to nobody.

If you turn in your AR-15s that you claim to have, how many children will that save?

In the case of the recent Florida shooter, how about #1 be law enforcement do their job? 45 visits to the house of the shooter, numerous FBI tips (with the shooter being named by name), multiple failures by the school district, not to mention the vaginas that waited outside while kids were getting shot? A complete failure by every level of law enforcement at the local, state, & federal level.

In the case of the San Antonio shooter, the Air Force failed to register the shooter as a Dishonorable Discharge (felony level offense), he should have never be legal to buy a gun either.

Multiple other shootings where the .gov failed to do their job.

Maybe if we make more laws .gov will suddenly start doing their jobs?

Give away your rights if you want, you don't speak for me or millions of other lawful gun owners who have done nothing wrong & ain't givin up crap.

Re: Major League Bowhunter T.V. show - 03/10/18 06:31 PM

I'm sorry, but this line of reasoning is piss f'n ignorant.

The opinion of taking away millions of peoples rights because of 1-2 dumbasses is an anathema to those of us
who cherish our freedom. Nobody is saying he can't have an opinion, or that he should be jailed because of an opinion. But I will use my 1st Amendment rights to let everyone know what a dumbass Chipper is. I hate lotsa people whose opinion is that my rights be denied.

Re: Major League Bowhunter T.V. show - 03/10/18 06:33 PM

Dear Mr Chipper,

I have a gun.

You dont want me to have a gun.

I ain't giving you my gun.

Your move.

Re: Major League Bowhunter T.V. show - 03/10/18 06:35 PM

Well said.
Posted By: snake oil

Re: Major League Bowhunter T.V. show - 03/10/18 10:57 PM

Well said.

X2

Re: Major League Bowhunter T.V. show - 03/10/18 11:39 PM

confused2 show compation for those who have lost Loved ones ta these senseless shooting ? Ya i'm guilty. An before some one else asks. NO my guns are not forsale & the NRA didn't teach me about my ethics for hunten.
flag

Re: Major League Bowhunter T.V. show - 03/11/18 12:11 AM

Originally Posted By: colt.45

confused2 show compation for those who have lost Loved ones ta these senseless shooting ? Ya i'm guilty. An before some one else asks. NO my guns are not forsale & the NRA didn't teach me about my ethics for hunten.
flag

Absolutely irrelevant.
Posted By: Bee'z

Re: Major League Bowhunter T.V. show - 03/11/18 02:59 AM

Originally Posted By: snake oil
Well said.

X2

X3

Re: Major League Bowhunter T.V. show - 03/11/18 04:51 AM

Originally Posted By: colt.45

flag

Absolutely irrelevant.

cheers my bad sneaky, thought it was the Discussion Forum , what part of my post is
Irrelevant ?
flag

Re: Major League Bowhunter T.V. show - 03/11/18 02:49 PM

This has nothing to do with showing compassion.
Posted By: Nogalus Prairie

Re: Major League Bowhunter T.V. show - 03/11/18 03:19 PM

This has nothing to do with showing compassion.

Actually, it does for the many from the non/anti-shooter standpoint.

What’s going on down there in Florida is largely based on the idea of thinking they need to “just do something - anything” to try and protect kids. It won’t work, but it’s doesn’t help anything to just vilify everyone on the other side of every issue.

It’s why we won’t ever come together on this issue. For too many on one side, the other side is just a bunch of gun-grabbers for no reason. For too many on the other side, gun owners are just a bunch of nut jobs ready to shoot somebody on a whim.

It’s why we won’t come together on a lot of issues.

Re: Major League Bowhunter T.V. show - 03/11/18 03:36 PM

Originally Posted By: Nogalus Prairie
For too many on one side, the other side is just a bunch of gun-grabbers for no reason. For too many on the other side, gun owners are just a bunch of nut jobs ready to shoot somebody on a whim.

Why don't the gun grabbers try "grabbing" cars every time a DUI driver kills someone? Why don't they try ban swimming pools every time a child drowns? Why not ban doctors & hopsitals every time a medical mistake kills a patient? All of those kill more people than legal gun owners, by far.

There is far more to this than "saving kids".

Re: Major League Bowhunter T.V. show - 03/11/18 03:38 PM

Originally Posted By: maximus_flavius
For too many on one side, the other side is just a bunch of gun-grabbers for no reason. For too many on the other side, gun owners are just a bunch of nut jobs ready to shoot somebody on a whim.

Why don't the gun grabbers try "grabbing" cars every time a DUI driver kills someone? Why don't they try ban swimming pools every time a child drowns? Why not ban doctors & hopsitals every time a medical mistake kills a patient? All of those kill more people than legal gun owners, by far.

There is far more to this than "saving kids".

Everyone gets your point. Most on here agree with you on the substance that gun control in America isn’t going to work.

Re: Major League Bowhunter T.V. show - 03/11/18 04:11 PM

gun control in America isn’t going to work.

Somebody forgot to tell multiple state's politicians, Florida republicans, the mainstream media, & Donald Trump.

This is the most concerted attack on our right since '94. We have no room to compromise, to appease folks who hate us & our way of life.

Then the next time some whacko goes off, it'll be even more "compromise" needed.

I think it's important for all the gun grabbers, FUDDS, & milquetoast politicians to understand that we will not compromise our rights away, now or in the future.

I'm flabbergasted that even folks here think that there is any appeasing the gun grabbers.

As Chuchill said "An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last."

Re: Major League Bowhunter T.V. show - 03/11/18 08:24 PM

To the anti gun crowd, Its not about saving lives ( the disgusting politicians and leaders) its about power. The average anti gun person does care about lives but their just stupid. If lives matter then what about all the lives lost in just a week or two that quickly add up to the numbers that these mass shootings take? 17 killed in 5 minutes in Florida are no more tragic than 17 killed over 2 weeks by other means. The dam MEDIA is stoking the flames which the anti gun crowd are again, to stupid to understand. What Florida law that they are pushing thru would/could have stopped this particular shooting....ASSUMING law enforcement down their does their job to begin with? Law enforcement...run by LIBERALS are again big problem in our country.

I cannot believe how LEFT so many in our country are moving too. If I were stupid I'd be asking "where are the Bill Clintons in the world"?

YITES!
Posted By: Dude Lebowski

Re: Major League Bowhunter T.V. show - 03/12/18 02:08 AM

The 2nd amendment was put in place for a good reason. Nothing has changed to cause a change in our constitutional rights.
Posted By: Duck_Hunter

Re: Major League Bowhunter T.V. show - 03/13/18 02:21 PM

Originally Posted By: pigplinker

I'm with Sneaky on this. It sounded like he was hung up on the fence. If we start picking each others choices apart then we fall. Lefty's stick together no matter what. They have their agenda and don't care how long it takes. Divide and conquer that is their plan.

Well, he was a switch hitter when he played, so it’s not surprising he is sitting on the fence.
Posted By: stxranchman

Re: Major League Bowhunter T.V. show - 03/13/18 05:33 PM

Sound like he it is about time for some.....
Posted By: Pitchfork Predator

Re: Major League Bowhunter T.V. show - 03/13/18 06:49 PM

Originally Posted By: 2Beez
Well said.

X2

X3

X4

Re: Major League Bowhunter T.V. show - 03/13/18 06:51 PM

Originally Posted By: maximus_flavius
gun control in America isn’t going to work.

Somebody forgot to tell multiple state's politicians, Florida republicans, the mainstream media, & Donald Trump.

This is the most concerted attack on our right since '94. We have no room to compromise, to appease folks who hate us & our way of life.

Then the next time some whacko goes off, it'll be even more "compromise" needed.

I think it's important for all the gun grabbers, FUDDS, & milquetoast politicians to understand that we will not compromise our rights away, now or in the future.

I'm flabbergasted that even folks here think that there is any appeasing the gun grabbers.

As Chuchill said "An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last."

It’s an epidemic. People are now emotional lemmings.

Re: Major League Bowhunter T.V. show - 03/13/18 07:02 PM

All the ranting aside, explaining why gun control isn’t going to work is more productive than calling everyone who may have a different view a douchebag.

Re: Major League Bowhunter T.V. show - 03/13/18 07:29 PM

All the ranting aside, explaining why gun control isn’t going to work is more productive than calling everyone who may have a different view a douchebag.

I would normally agree.

However, logic will not work on most anti-gunners, or they would already be pro-gun.

It's all about feelz.

This isn't a different view on how the Cowboys played, or a different view on where to eat lunch. The difference is some people wanna take away everyone else's right to self defense & personal protection, not to mention hunting & recreation enjoyment, even tho 99.9% of guns are never used illegally.

To hell with them.

If they really want them, they should just quit talkin & come get 'em. There's millions of Bubbas (like me) who ain't givin up nothin. We won't be talked into it, threatened into it, or shamed into it. I'm not selling them, I'm not burying them, & I'm not moving.

Re: Major League Bowhunter T.V. show - 03/13/18 07:35 PM

There are a lot of differing opinions on this forum, a lot of names have been called through the years but just because you have an opinion doesn’t make you wrong or right. Now if you say that you truly think there’s not a problem that should be dealt with in all these mass shootings, well I guess you can think that too.
Posted By: spg

Re: Major League Bowhunter T.V. show - 03/13/18 08:55 PM

Here's a start or thought, stop medicating kids, control pharmaceutical companies to ban drugs that have mental side affects, enforce childhood discipline in schools, identify kids or adults that have mental issues and segregate them from general population, train teachers in self defense at a minimum, hold law enforcement and school staff accountable for failing to address troubled students and parents, control the media, and stop threatening law abiding citizens rights.
Posted By: snake oil

Re: Major League Bowhunter T.V. show - 03/13/18 09:16 PM

Originally Posted By: spg
Here's a start or thought, stop medicating kids, control pharmaceutical companies to ban drugs that have mental side affects, enforce childhood discipline in schools, identify kids or adults that have mental issues and segregate them from general population, train teachers in self defense at a minimum, hold law enforcement and school staff accountable for failing to address troubled students and parents, control the media, and stop threatening law abiding citizens rights.

I agree with all of the above...........

Re: Major League Bowhunter T.V. show - 03/13/18 09:22 PM

Yep yep.

Re: Major League Bowhunter T.V. show - 03/13/18 09:49 PM

Yep yep.

I concur 100 percent but it won't happen. Way to many freeloaders who don't raise their kids and that's where the problem starts as we all know. God help this country!

Re: Major League Bowhunter T.V. show - 03/13/18 09:58 PM

There are a lot of differing opinions on this forum, a lot of names have been called through the years but just because you have an opinion doesn’t make you wrong or right. Now if you say that you truly think there’s not a problem that should be dealt with in all these mass shootings, well I guess you can think that too.

I haven't read one post on this topic that states an opinion being "this is not a problem". When the name calling starts it's from frustration of law abiding citizens targeted as a potential solution to young white males that don't respect life or the law that choose to shoot their classmates. When anyone suggests we discuss such an absurd solution as "lets talk about some kind of ban on assault weapons" a person who abides by the law and thinks logical about solving problems is gonna react this way. Why would you expect them not to?

Re: Major League Bowhunter T.V. show - 03/13/18 10:10 PM

Yep yep.

I concur 100 percent but it won't happen. Way to many freeloaders who don't raise their kids and that's where the problem starts as we all know. God help this country!

God teaches us to protect our families and not rely on sinners or non-believers. I can do that If I'm allowed to under the constitution.

Did you not notice how the criminals starting taking what they wanted in the Houston floods when they knew the police couldn't protect property? There are many natural disasters that could happen any day to any part of this planet that could enable criminals to roam house to house to come take what they want. I choose to be self reliant when it comes to protecting myself and my family. To each their own.......as long as you or anyone else isn't trying to take away my right to choose my security given to me under the 2nd amendment.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum