Texas Hunting Forum

Deer Lease Member Communication??

Posted By: PoppinPiggies

Deer Lease Member Communication?? - 03/05/18 08:22 PM

I'm looking for an app or website where I can make a private message board for deer lease members. I'd like to be able to have a shared calendar I can edit to show when certain work is getting done or different events are happening. I also would like to be able to have message threads to discuss lease projects, scheduling, maybe another so I could post game cam pics to share and discuss. Any suggestions on something that could accommodate this?? Preferably if it is an app it would have to be compatible for apple and android.
Posted By: bphillips

Re: Deer Lease Member Communication?? - 03/05/18 09:08 PM

We use Whatsapp but it doesn’t offer all you’re looking for. It’s basically a group text that saves all the pics sent on it into its own folder
Posted By: DOD

Re: Deer Lease Member Communication?? - 03/06/18 02:54 AM

Couldn't you create a Facebook page and make it private to members only?
Posted By: JCB

Re: Deer Lease Member Communication?? - 03/06/18 02:57 AM

A portion of our group just uses group texts when we are away from a computer and we use group PM's here on THF for planning trips, sharing game cam pics, etc. I think you can have 5 people on a group PM here on THF.
Posted By: SapperTitan

Re: Deer Lease Member Communication?? - 03/06/18 03:11 AM

Originally Posted By: DOD
Couldn't you create a Facebook page and make it private to members only?
Many people don’t do FB
Posted By: dogcatcher

Re: Deer Lease Member Communication?? - 03/06/18 03:59 AM

Group emails is how I keep track of everyone that served in my Platoon in Vietnam. Everyone has everyone's address, if someone wants to let the other know about something it is as simple as sending one email to everyone on that list. You can also edit out names if needed. There is only one exception, his email goes to his daughter and she lets him know.
Posted By: krmitchell

Re: Deer Lease Member Communication?? - 03/06/18 04:01 AM

Google shared calendars, a group email chain, and photobucket or another similar photo sharing service. Not one platform but easily accomplished and accommodates your needs.
Posted By: Southtexas36

Re: Deer Lease Member Communication?? - 03/06/18 04:14 AM

We use a group text for the lease. But more on the lines of what you’re asking for......I coach youth sports and use GroupMe, even if you don’t have the app it will still send as a text, you can send calendar invites, pics, etc.

Re: Deer Lease Member Communication?? - 03/06/18 02:09 PM

Thanks guys, we currently do group texting but are looking for a more robust way of communicating what is going on at the ranch. I will definitely look at all of yalls suggestions today! grin
Posted By: PMK

Re: Deer Lease Member Communication?? - 03/06/18 03:48 PM

yes, if all the members use Facebook, you could create a private group for communications. I am in several private groups on FB for sharing various different things/topics/photos
Posted By: N.Tx

Re: Deer Lease Member Communication?? - 03/06/18 05:42 PM

Shared Google Calendar. Simple and Easy
Posted By: sig226fan (Rguns.com)

Re: Deer Lease Member Communication?? - 03/07/18 10:29 PM

Originally Posted By: E.TX.JMart

This. Use it with family, deer lease, work (several), personal, shop, farm, and they all read onto one calendar for me to see
Posted By: WTN

Re: Deer Lease Member Communication?? - 03/08/18 12:11 AM

Create a shared site on Shutterfly. It’s free and you can share photos, videos and it has a messaging feature.
Posted By: TxAg

Re: Deer Lease Member Communication?? - 03/08/18 02:46 AM

We use the BAND app. Works great.
Posted By: SR025

Re: Deer Lease Member Communication?? - 03/08/18 10:27 AM

Shared google calendar and google hangout app for group messaging.
Posted By: Western

Re: Deer Lease Member Communication?? - 03/08/18 11:41 AM

Originally Posted By: sig226fan (Rguns.com)
Originally Posted By: E.TX.JMart

This. Use it with family, deer lease, work (several), personal, shop, farm, and they all read onto one calendar for me to see

Yep, pretty easy, especially when you can give each person a "color", easy to identify everyone.

Re: Deer Lease Member Communication?? - 03/08/18 05:56 PM

I just quickly looked at the BAND app and it looks like it will be PERFECT! I will give an update in the future once I have used the app for a while!

Re: Deer Lease Member Communication?? - 08/14/18 05:05 PM

UPDATE: The BAND App so far has been great. I can send private invitations to the group. We can share a calendar and send invites to work days at the ranch that people can say whether or not they are planning to attend. I also made a different album for each feeder so pics can be uploaded accordingly and viewed by the members. Another really cool feature is you can make a poll. So for example I can post a picture of a buck and everyone can vote on how old they think it is. Anyway so far I am extremely pleased with the app and would recommend it for people who are trying increase lease/ranch communication.
Posted By: Skylar Mac

Re: Deer Lease Member Communication?? - 08/14/18 05:21 PM

We use groupme. It's an app that we use for everything from Family stuff, baseball, photo events, ect...Works well for us.
Posted By: Scott W

Re: Deer Lease Member Communication?? - 08/14/18 06:55 PM

Originally Posted By: Skylar@SWFA
We use groupme. It's an app that we use for everything from Family stuff, baseball, photo events, ect...Works well for us.

X2 for GroupMe. I've used for baseball teams. Another one would be TeamSnap. Calendar functions, messaging, contact info, photos, files, even looks like it does payments but I've never used that function.

Google could probably handle a lot of these needs as well.
Posted By: colt45-90

Re: Deer Lease Member Communication?? - 08/14/18 10:15 PM

Originally Posted By: JCB
A portion of our group just uses group texts when we are away from a computer and we use group PM's here on THF for planning trips, sharing game cam pics, etc. I think you can have 5 people on a group PM here on THF.
good idea
Posted By: mako235

Re: Deer Lease Member Communication?? - 08/15/18 01:53 AM

Ms state has a deer lab / deer hunt app that lets you log in and out of stands records deer sightings. It may work for your application.
Posted By: DocHorton

Re: Deer Lease Member Communication?? - 08/15/18 05:07 AM

Originally Posted By: Scott W
Originally Posted By: Skylar@SWFA

X2 for GroupMe. I've used for baseball teams. Another one would be TeamSnap. Calendar functions, messaging, contact info, photos, files, even looks like it does payments but I've never used that function.

Google could probably handle a lot of these needs as well.

Another plug for GroupMe. We use for all the staff members at my office, but there's not a calendar, more for group texting and pictures.
Posted By: tShawnB

Re: Deer Lease Member Communication?? - 08/15/18 05:46 PM

For what you're looking for, a private Facebook page is your best bet unless you set up your own website which would actually be a good idea if I had the time and knowledge. Hmmm
Posted By: tlk

Re: Deer Lease Member Communication?? - 08/15/18 05:53 PM

Webs.com. PM me and I will let you take a look at our site. Calendar, pics , etc
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum