Texas Hunting Forum

Bucket list hunts!

Posted By: Smokey Bear

Bucket list hunts! - 02/24/18 10:19 PM

Ok, what are they? For me a trophy mountain goat would be tops followed closely by Cape Buffalo.
Posted By: mbavo

Re: Bucket list hunts! - 02/24/18 10:32 PM

Monster mule deer would top my list.
Big,tall,wide,and heavy!
Posted By: texfork

Re: Bucket list hunts! - 02/24/18 10:44 PM

New Zealand trophy Red Stag .
Posted By: don k

Re: Bucket list hunts! - 02/24/18 11:16 PM

Shooting at least 10 coyotes in one day.
Posted By: SapperTitan

Re: Bucket list hunts! - 02/24/18 11:33 PM

I don’t even have a bucket list really. I’d just like to hunt, have fun, spend time with family and friends and kill a few creatures every year till I die.
Posted By: Blank

Re: Bucket list hunts! - 02/24/18 11:52 PM

At my age (67) I am starting to get more realistic in my wants and wishes. I have been fortunate to live in the West so I have killed lots of elk, antelope, MD, and Wt's. Have hunted bighorns several times and mountain goats in some of the prettiest country on Earth (White Clouds in Idaho), and taken a few moose and lots of bears. Have taken a lot of plains game and 3 of the Big 5 in Africa, and dodged enough lions and rhinos to know that it would be amazing, but I will never have the financial means to hunt them.

I guess my short list of dream hunts would be a nice Ibex in Kazakhstan or Kyrgestan, and a huge jet black bear from Vancouver or Prince of Wales Islands.

What the wife and I are really hoping for tho, is to buy a little ground to retire on in the Texas Hill Country, and take a deer off my own place.
Posted By: Fitzwho

Re: Bucket list hunts! - 02/25/18 02:56 AM

Right now, one of the sheep is the numero uno.

I would eventually like to harvest a big game animal in every state and Province in Canada (3 states and 1 province down). Hoping to add NM (third times the charm right), Colorado, and Wyoming this year.
Posted By: Kevin Heath

Re: Bucket list hunts! - 02/25/18 03:20 AM

Kodiak on Kodiak, with a bow.
Posted By: txtrophy85

Re: Bucket list hunts! - 02/25/18 01:26 PM

Mountain goat in B.C

Dagestan Tur in Azerbaijan

Snow sheep in Kamchatka

Big mule deer in the one of the western states
Posted By: Erathkid

Re: Bucket list hunts! - 02/25/18 05:59 PM

Blank, you sound like an interesting fellow. If you ever make it down to north central Texas, you have an open invitation to come out to our piece of Texas heaven. up
Posted By: TxBuck

Re: Bucket list hunts! - 02/25/18 08:41 PM

Mountain lion / Mullie / Brown Bear / Bull Elk On The Continental Divide / Africa The Dangerous 5 / True Free Ranging Monster Whitetails In South Texas / Guess I better get on to work now LOL
Posted By: Blank

Re: Bucket list hunts! - 02/25/18 08:43 PM

Big E: That sounds like an offer I couldn't refuse. Have spent a bunch of time up by Caprock and Palo Duro, but never over towards the central portion of the state. We might get there some time. No such thing as strangers, just friends we haven't met yet!
Posted By: Elkhunter49

Re: Bucket list hunts! - 02/25/18 08:48 PM

1. 70"+ Yukon bull Moose
1a. 40'+ Sable from Angola

Re: Bucket list hunts! - 02/25/18 09:35 PM

Originally Posted By: Blank
Big E: That sounds like an offer I couldn't refuse. Have spent a bunch of time up by Caprock and Palo Duro, but never over towards the central portion of the state. We might get there some time. No such thing as strangers, just friends we haven't met yet!
That's right. Love meeting new friends.
Posted By: SapperTitan

Re: Bucket list hunts! - 02/25/18 09:54 PM

Originally Posted By: Erathkid
better check with Chance first roflmao

Re: Bucket list hunts! - 02/26/18 12:57 AM

Originally Posted By: SapperTitan
Originally Posted By: Erathkid
better check with Chance first roflmao
Hahaha happy3 No kidding. Better make sure he's cool with me inviting someone to my place... confused2
Posted By: RANGERRONG

Re: Bucket list hunts! - 02/26/18 01:37 AM

I agree with Mbavo, monster mule deer
Posted By: SnakeWrangler

Re: Bucket list hunts! - 02/26/18 10:43 AM

300#+ wild boar with a 1911 at 25 yds or less......

(not in a trap) clap
Posted By: NMGW

Re: Bucket list hunts! - 02/26/18 10:16 PM

Originally Posted By: RANGERRONG
I agree with Mbavo, monster mule deer

Me 2, I have killed 14 mule deer but nothing really big. I am always to quick to shoot and then something better shows up while I packing it out. bang
Posted By: Bigfoot

Re: Bucket list hunts! - 02/26/18 11:15 PM

monster mulie for me also
Posted By: bp3

Re: Bucket list hunts! - 02/27/18 07:49 PM

Eastern Colorado or western Kansas for 200+" mule deer. banana2
Posted By: Bbear

Re: Bucket list hunts! - 03/07/18 06:27 PM

Combination Red Stag and trout fishing in New Zealand (also Argentina)
Posted By: Nogalus Prairie

Re: Bucket list hunts! - 03/07/18 06:44 PM

Rocky Mountain sheep.
BIG whitetail off my place.
Big mule deer.
Africa - plains game and Cape buffalo.
Posted By: Black02z28

Re: Bucket list hunts! - 03/07/18 07:19 PM

The Big 5 for me....however at this point the Rhino would be way out of the $$$ range.
Posted By: landsurveyor

Re: Bucket list hunts! - 03/07/18 07:28 PM

Knocking one out this coming fall. NM Mule Deer hunt on private land
Posted By: snake oil

Re: Bucket list hunts! - 03/07/18 08:01 PM

Big Mule deer and that's gonna happen next year.....Oh and monkeys in Africa........Did I mention that I hate monkeys.
Posted By: REALKILLER

Re: Bucket list hunts! - 03/11/18 09:53 AM

The annual hunt for Big Burtha has started out good. angel
Posted By: txmudder

Re: Bucket list hunts! - 03/11/18 12:15 PM

Mountain Lion is at the top of my list. Too many things I want to hunt here in the states to even think about going to Africa.
Posted By: Texasphez

Re: Bucket list hunts! - 03/15/18 02:15 PM

Guess I've been really fortunate at filling my bucket. I've successfully hunted dall sheep, mountain lion, elk, deer, aoudad, mountain goat, antelope, several African species, and more, so if there was something I had to add, I guess I'd say the grand slam of North American sheep. Hunted stones in 2016 and came home without one, am rebooked for fall of 19. Beyond that I would love to hunt bezoar ibex in Turkey, mearns quail in AZ, and someday I'll go back to Africa for a leopard!
Posted By: Abe77901

Re: Bucket list hunts! - 03/15/18 04:54 PM

Chupacabra....or
1) Big Kudu
2) Bongo
3)Yukon Moose
Posted By: Gulfgoose

Re: Bucket list hunts! - 03/15/18 06:49 PM

Originally Posted By: snake oil
Big Mule deer and that's gonna happen next year.....Oh and monkeys in Africa........Did I mention that I hate monkeys.

Same! Big TEXAS Mule deer and every monkey I can. Snakes, etc. don't bother me a bit, monkeys are my irrational fear. Plus I want a mount to use to mess with people.
Posted By: Nogalus Prairie

Re: Bucket list hunts! - 03/15/18 07:07 PM

Originally Posted By: Texasphez
Guess I've been really fortunate at filling my bucket. I've successfully hunted dall sheep, mountain lion, elk, deer, aoudad, mountain goat, antelope, several African species, and more, so if there was something I had to add, I guess I'd say the grand slam of North American sheep. Hunted stones in 2016 and came home without one, am rebooked for fall of 19. Beyond that I would love to hunt bezoar ibex in Turkey, mearns quail in AZ, and someday I'll go back to Africa for a leopard!

Me too. If I can ever draw that Rocky tag anything else would be gravy. smile
Posted By: Ag Hunter 78

Re: Bucket list hunts! - 03/15/18 07:10 PM

Nilgai. I'm in it for the meat!!
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum