Texas Hunting Forum

Hunter Mistakes Another Hunter For A Coyote

Posted By: Double Naught Spy

Hunter Mistakes Another Hunter For A Coyote - 02/22/18 03:29 AM

Always identify and know your target. Marsh was calling coyotes and dressed in camo in NC when a neighbor mistook him for one of the coyotes he heard calling. He shot at MOVEMENT! Don't do that.

https://www.taylorsvilletimes.com/2018/02/20/pastor-fatally-wounded-in-local-hunting-accident/
Posted By: Simple Searcher

Re: Hunter Mistakes Another Hunter For A Coyote - 02/22/18 03:37 AM

I have never understood someone shooting at a movement or sound, when they cannot identify the target. It is crazy how often we here this same story.
Posted By: Texas Dan

Re: Hunter Mistakes Another Hunter For A Coyote - 02/22/18 04:00 AM

It's no accident when someone intentionally pulls a trigger. IMO, it's nothing less than negligent homicide. Perhaps in this state the charge is involuntary manslaughter.

Accidents occur when a firearm discharges as a result of unintentional actions, such letting a firearm drop or come into contact with an object.
Posted By: pigplinker

Re: Hunter Mistakes Another Hunter For A Coyote - 02/22/18 11:06 AM

This is why I get the creepy willies when people talk of " brush shots". I have heard people over the years talk of "brush guns" and what would shoot through the brush. PLEASE DON'T DO THAT!!! Prayer for both families. It will be a loss all the way around.
Posted By: Stub

Re: Hunter Mistakes Another Hunter For A Coyote - 02/22/18 11:58 AM

RIP Pastor Marsh angel
Posted By: Mr. T.

Re: Hunter Mistakes Another Hunter For A Coyote - 02/22/18 01:11 PM

Such a sad ending. And it will be for both families.
Posted By: maximus_flavius

Re: Hunter Mistakes Another Hunter For A Coyote - 02/22/18 01:26 PM

The article didn't say, but was either person involved trespassing? Or was it public land? Assuming it wasn't public land, somebody was trespassing. If the hunter had a right to be there, the shooter must have trespassed. If the shooter didn't know somebody was on his place, the preacher was trespassing.

That needs to be cleared up before I make final judgement.

That being said, ALWAYS KNOW YOUR TARGET & what's behind it.

Yet another reason you shouldn't be hunting close to anyone else, while you may be a responsible hunter, that doesn't mean that everyone around you is.
Posted By: SapperTitan

Re: Hunter Mistakes Another Hunter For A Coyote - 02/22/18 01:50 PM

I don’t see how on earth with thermal someone could actually mistake a critter at shooting distance. Hell I can tell a deer from a hog 90% at 600 yards just by the way they move different from one another. This is most likely a lack of experience,excited in the moment, and pure lack of judgement. Never pull the trigger unless you know for a fact what you are shooting at.
Posted By: SnakeWrangler

Re: Hunter Mistakes Another Hunter For A Coyote - 02/22/18 01:56 PM

Originally Posted By: Mr. T.
Such a sad ending. And it will be for both families.
Posted By: TexFlip

Re: Hunter Mistakes Another Hunter For A Coyote - 02/22/18 02:04 PM

Originally Posted By: SapperTitan
I don’t see how on earth with thermal someone could actually mistake a critter at shooting distance. Hell I can tell a deer from a hog 90% at 600 yards just by the way they move different from one another. This is most likely a lack of experience,excited in the moment, and pure lack of judgement. Never pull the trigger unless you know for a fact what you are shooting at.

Did the shooter have thermal?
Posted By: SapperTitan

Re: Hunter Mistakes Another Hunter For A Coyote - 02/22/18 02:07 PM

Originally Posted By: TexFlip
Originally Posted By: SapperTitan

Did the shooter have thermal?
I’m not sure but there have been 2 incidents I’ve heard of in the last 6 months of someone shooting a person while using thermal at night.
Posted By: Flashprism

Re: Hunter Mistakes Another Hunter For A Coyote - 02/22/18 02:13 PM

Who ever mistakes a human being for a legitimate target is either an untrained inexperienced child or a murderer. It is totally wrong and the punishment must be severe. As a young man and city boy hunting in Maine the locals would often make our visit less than comfortable when discussing the frequency of their sound shots. When it first occurred I asked my friend and host as to their sincerity and a wink to the eye was his response.

Re: Hunter Mistakes Another Hunter For A Coyote - 02/22/18 02:23 PM

The shooter doesn't look like the kinda person that has thermal gear, more likely a meth lab in his bath tub. I'm betting he shot onto property that isn't his also.
Posted By: QuitShootinYoungBucks

Re: Hunter Mistakes Another Hunter For A Coyote - 02/22/18 02:36 PM

I don't believe for one minute this was an 'accident'. This happened 20 minutes before sunset and multiple shots were fired.
Posted By: bp3

Re: Hunter Mistakes Another Hunter For A Coyote - 02/22/18 03:17 PM

Trespassing for sure,iron clad evidence and can tell by the picture.

Re: Hunter Mistakes Another Hunter For A Coyote - 02/22/18 03:26 PM

Quote:
A local pastor has died in a hunting tragedy after another hunter mistook him for a coyote and shot him, authorities said.

Alexander County Sheriff Chris Bowman stated that on February 19, 2018, at approximately 5:52 p.m., the Alexander County Communications received a 911 call about a person who had been shot on Edd Burgess Road Extension in Taylorsville.

Sheriff’s Office personnel, Alexander EMS, First Responders, the N.C. Highway Patrol, Alexander Rescue Squad, N.C. Wildlife Resources Commission, Taylorsville Fire, and Taylorsville Police officers responded to the scene.

Upon arrival, officers found Rev. Michael “Seth” Marsh, white male, age 26 of Taylorsville, suffering from several gunshot wounds to the chest area of his body. Evidence showed that Marsh was hunting coyotes and had an electronic coyote call. Marsh had a 12-gauge shotgun and a .22/250 Ruger American bolt action rifle that he was using to hunt coyotes.

When officers arrived on the scene, they encountered a man who was assisting in the medical attention of Rev. Marsh. The man, whose name is not being released, told officers that he heard coyotes screaming in the area. The man believed the coyotes had trapped something and he went to see what was happening. The man said he saw something that looked to him like a coyote that had trapped something in a tree. The man said he fired two shots at the brown and grey movement at the tree. The man had a .223 hunting rifle. When the man realized he had shot Mr. Marsh, he rendered aid, and called 911 for help.

EMS rendered aid on the scene and Rev. Marsh was transported by ambulance to Wake Forest Baptist Health – Wilkes Medical Center. Foggy weather prevented a medical helicopter from responding to the scene, said Bowman. Rev. Marsh was pronounced deceased at the hospital at approximately 8:00 p.m.

Marsh was pastor of Russell Gap Baptist Church, the Sheriff stated. According to the April 12, 2017, issue of The Taylorsville Times, Marsh and his wife, Katy, have two children, Braelynn and Issac. He had been pastor at Russell Gap for approximately one year.

Sheriff Bowman explained that man who fired the fatal shots lived nearby and did not know Marsh was in the area.

Officers with N.C. Wildlife Resources Commission are assisting the Alexander County Sheriff’s Office in this investigation.

UPDATE: On February 21, 2018, the Alexander County Sheriff’s Office arrested Ronald Mathew Dunn, age 31 of Taylorsville. Dunn was charged with Involuntary Manslaughter. Dunn was the suspect in the investigation of the shooting death of Rev. Michael Seth Marsh that occurred on February 19, 2018, said Sheriff Bowman. Dunn told authorities that he shot Marsh thinking he was a coyote. Dunn was placed under a $75,000 secure bond and his first court appearance in this case is Monday, February 26, 2018, in Alexander County District Court.

Re: Hunter Mistakes Another Hunter For A Coyote - 02/22/18 03:28 PM

The shooter did not have thermal. He had a daylight scope. That is why the color of the movement (brown and gray) is significant.

Quote:
UPDATE: On February 21, 2018, the Alexander County Sheriff’s Office arrested Ronald Mathew Dunn, age 31 of Taylorsville. Dunn was charged with Involuntary Manslaughter. Dunn was the suspect in the investigation of the shooting death of Rev. Michael Seth Marsh that occurred on February 19, 2018, said Sheriff Bowman. Dunn told authorities that he shot Marsh thinking he was a coyote. Dunn was placed under a $75,000 secure bond and his first court appearance in this case is Monday, February 26, 2018, in Alexander County District Court.
From the article cited in the OP.

Originally Posted By: Flashprism
Who ever mistakes a human being for a legitimate target is either an untrained inexperienced child or a murderer. It is totally wrong and the punishment must be severe.

While I agree that it is wrong and the punishment should be severe, this happens with regularity with ADULT hunters every year.

Posted By: Pitchfork Predator

Re: Hunter Mistakes Another Hunter For A Coyote - 02/22/18 03:41 PM

I guess this is how you get away with murder. He would not be safe outside of iron bars if it was my family member.

Re: Hunter Mistakes Another Hunter For A Coyote - 02/22/18 03:46 PM

Well, it isn't murder if you didn't intend to kill a person. If there is any rivalry between the shooter and pastor, that will come out, but until then, this is just what it appears to be, another idiot hunter shooting at an unidentified target.

Re: Hunter Mistakes Another Hunter For A Coyote - 02/22/18 04:30 PM

Originally Posted By: bp3

A friend of yours?

A few reasonable "guesses" are ok here.

The shooter is the 1 who shot into brush, not knowing what was in there. Unless he's shooting on his property (implying the preacher was trespassing), its ok to assume he is a POS, unless contradicting information comes out.

We can also assume the preacher was not trespassing on the shooters property, & was likely on an adjoining property.

See, there's a little something called "common sense", & judging by your previous posting history, you have precious little of it.

When (if) all the facts come out, we can make a complete assessment. Until then, I apply Occam's Razor.

To sum it up for the simpletons like BP3, usually a person who shoots a bunch of rounds into another person in a brush pile on their neighbors property is an azzhole.

Re: Hunter Mistakes Another Hunter For A Coyote - 02/22/18 06:20 PM

Originally Posted By: bp3

And just what picture would that be? It is certainly not in the article I posted or any other article on this story that I have seen. No picture is going to show that one of the folks was trespassing, or both for that matter. How would you know if the landowner didn't give permission to one or both parties? Heck, right now, we don't even know who owns the land.
Posted By: Texasteach

Re: Hunter Mistakes Another Hunter For A Coyote - 02/22/18 06:34 PM

Originally Posted By: Double Naught Spy
Well, it isn't murder if you didn't intend to kill a person. If there is any rivalry between the shooter and pastor, that will come out, but until then, this is just what it appears to be, another idiot hunter shooting at an unidentified target.
\\

Actually, many levels of homicides do not require intent to kill as a prerequisite. Felony murder, involuntary manslaughter, etc.
Posted By: Sneaky

Re: Hunter Mistakes Another Hunter For A Coyote - 02/22/18 06:49 PM

Originally Posted By: Texasteach
\\

Actually, many levels of homicides do not require intent to kill as a prerequisite. Felony murder, involuntary manslaughter, etc.

Which is why he specifically stated murder. Murder requires forethought.

Re: Hunter Mistakes Another Hunter For A Coyote - 02/22/18 06:53 PM

Originally Posted By: Sneaky
\\

Which is why he specifically stated murder. Murder requires forethought.

No it doesn't. I spent 3 years in law school, 1 year as a prosecutor, 4 years as a criminal defense attorney, and 10 years teaching criminal law at the Federal Law Enforcement Training Center. Murder in and of itself does not require "forethought".

For example Felony Murder is when a death occurs during the commission of a felony. That death can be accidental. Premeditation is required for Murder in the First.

Re: Hunter Mistakes Another Hunter For A Coyote - 02/22/18 06:55 PM

The dictionary defines it with the word “premeditation.” I don’t how the law defines it.

Re: Hunter Mistakes Another Hunter For A Coyote - 02/22/18 07:02 PM

I totally agree with you in that is the way the dictionary defines it. Statutes can be different. Murder/homicide are sometimes used interchangeably, and sometimes they are defined differently by statute. Either way, this situation is bad for all involved.

Re: Hunter Mistakes Another Hunter For A Coyote - 02/22/18 07:11 PM

Look, if they thought it was MURDER based on evidence, thye would have indicted him for MURDER, but they indicted him for INVOLUNTARY MANSLAUGHTER.

Re: Hunter Mistakes Another Hunter For A Coyote - 02/22/18 07:13 PM

I totally agree with you in that is the way the dictionary defines it. Statutes can be different. Murder/homicide are sometimes used interchangeably, and sometimes they are defined differently by statute. Either way, this situation is bad for all involved.

I appreciate the clarification. I didn’t realize the law interchanged the two terms.

Re: Hunter Mistakes Another Hunter For A Coyote - 02/22/18 07:15 PM

Look, if they thought it was MURDER, the would have indicted him for MURDER, but they indicted him for INVOLUNTARY MANSLAUGHTER.

MURDER

Calm down...breath...grins...

Re: Hunter Mistakes Another Hunter For A Coyote - 02/22/18 07:21 PM

Sorry, you just seemed so fixated on the wrong issue. Murder isn't on the table. roflmao

Re: Hunter Mistakes Another Hunter For A Coyote - 02/22/18 09:14 PM

Just agreeing with some one that is obsessed with trespassers and calling people names. confused2

Re: Hunter Mistakes Another Hunter For A Coyote - 02/22/18 09:36 PM

I wouldn't argue the legal standing currently for this incident. What I meant by my statement is similar to Flashprism's opinion. If you shoot multiple times at anything your not sure of and it turns out to be human, that should be considered murder. Shooting a lethal weapon has to have consequences that are severe if you kill or maim someone because of your negligence. And as I stated, if it was my family member you are a murderer.
Posted By: ErnestTBass

Re: Hunter Mistakes Another Hunter For A Coyote - 02/22/18 10:11 PM

Originally Posted By: Pitchfork Predator

I wouldn't argue the legal standing currently for this incident. What I meant by my statement is similar to Flashprism's opinion. If you shoot multiple times at anything your not sure of and it turns out to be human, that should be considered murder. Shooting a lethal weapon has to have consequences that are severe if you kill or maim someone because of your negligence. And as I stated, if it was my family member you are a murderer.

Murder or homicide has levels. You're addressing a recklessness level of intent. I.e. he didn't intend to kill, but he was sloppy/dumb as hell and caused someone's death.

Not arguing in defense of the perpetrator here, but if I was about to go to prison and then spend life as a convicted felon (no good job prospects, etc) who'd shot a pastor with a young wife and 2 little kids, I'd at least consider swallowing a shotgun.

Re: Hunter Mistakes Another Hunter For A Coyote - 02/22/18 10:20 PM

I just sent a email to the Taylorsville Times asking for clarification on the situation. If I hear back, I'll update.
Posted By: Wilhunt

Re: Hunter Mistakes Another Hunter For A Coyote - 02/23/18 12:13 AM

You just don't shoot what you cannot see. Should be one of the first rules of safety a shooter learns.

Re: Hunter Mistakes Another Hunter For A Coyote - 02/23/18 12:45 AM

Has anyone seen anything that tells on who’s property they were each on?
Posted By: Grizz

Re: Hunter Mistakes Another Hunter For A Coyote - 02/23/18 04:01 AM

I'll never understand these types of incidents. Prayers for the victim's family.

Re: Hunter Mistakes Another Hunter For A Coyote - 02/23/18 04:05 AM

Originally Posted By: Wilhunt
You just don't shoot what you cannot see. Should be one of the first rules of safety a shooter learns.

It is, if you’re taught proper. I was, thankfully. I do my best to pass it on. I fear for those that weren’t, and those around them.

Re: Hunter Mistakes Another Hunter For A Coyote - 02/23/18 04:53 AM

Originally Posted By: SnakeWrangler
Has anyone seen anything that tells on who’s property they were each on?

I saw a post on a NC hunting forum where the guy claimed to be the individual who owned the electronic caller that was loaned to Marsh. The property belongs to a 3rd party and Marsh often hunted there. He didn't mention anything about anyone trespassing.
Posted By: therancher

Re: Hunter Mistakes Another Hunter For A Coyote - 02/23/18 05:10 AM

I have a lot of friends from the yankee states. They all talk about the danger of shooting someone while hunting. I've always told them down here we don't have accidents where people "mistake" someone for a deer. Because we have to know the sex of the deer and the age of the buck.

We have accidental shooting's, but it's typically right after someone says "hold my beer".

Re: Hunter Mistakes Another Hunter For A Coyote - 02/23/18 05:33 AM

Originally Posted By: Wilhunt

The topic makes for good discussion in Hunter Education classes. There are lots of cases where a family member mistakes another family member as a wild animal and pulls the trigger. Did these people pull the trigger because they "thought" they saw a deer, or were they convinced they saw a deer? How could they have been so convinced only to make a lethal mistake?

In my opinion, three factors usually play into these tragic incidents...

1. Being too eager to shoot something
2. Hunter fatigue
3. Putting too much faith in optics, especially in low light conditions

A guy has been sitting in the stand all afternoon and hasn't seen a thing. He's tired and frustrated that he hasn't seen a deer in his last three hunts. It's getting dark and he's very eager to kill something because his buddy has already killed two deer. He sees movement in the shadows and is convinced it's a deer coming towards his feeder. Both he and his buddy refuse to use any type of light when going to or leaving their stand because they don't want to "spook" any deer. And besides, his buddy would never walk near his feeder, and he's a very experienced hunter who doesn't make stupid mistakes.

Re: Hunter Mistakes Another Hunter For A Coyote - 02/23/18 05:38 AM

Gee, Dan, nowhere on your list was the reason given that the shooter must be a murderer, POS, or azzhole as noted above as being the case.

Re: Hunter Mistakes Another Hunter For A Coyote - 02/23/18 02:29 PM

Gee, Dan, nowhere on your list was the reason given that the shooter must be a murderer, POS, or azzhole as noted above as being the case.

Ok. So please share your opinion on why you wouldn't consider someone that's an adult like this case an azzhole that shoots multiple times with a lethal weapon at anything they are not absolutely sure of?
Posted By: Wilhunt

Re: Hunter Mistakes Another Hunter For A Coyote - 02/23/18 03:26 PM

#1 - too eager to shoot something.

Re: Hunter Mistakes Another Hunter For A Coyote - 02/23/18 03:26 PM

Ok. So please share your opinion on why you wouldn't consider someone that's an adult like this case an azzhole that shoots multiple times with a lethal weapon at anything they are not absolutely sure of?

I've shot several people this week, just by shooting at sounds / movements in the brush.

It's really no big deal.

Re: Hunter Mistakes Another Hunter For A Coyote - 02/23/18 03:36 PM

Originally Posted By: maximus_flavius

I've shot several people this week, just by shooting at sounds / movements in the brush.

It's really no big deal.

SSS......up
Posted By: QuitShootinYoungBucks

Re: Hunter Mistakes Another Hunter For A Coyote - 02/23/18 04:42 PM

It's really no big deal.

Which side of the fence were they on?

Re: Hunter Mistakes Another Hunter For A Coyote - 02/23/18 04:50 PM

Originally Posted By: QuitShootinYoungBucks

It's really no big deal.

Which side of the fence were they on?

Clearly, somebody was on the wrong side of a fence in this story.

I also object to the shooter in this story being called a "hunter". There is no indication of that. Not every person with a gun is a hunter.

I'll also wager a guess that the shooter was shooting an AR-15, & he shot across a fenceline. Trespass by bullet at the least.

But don't let me interrupt the delusional posts on here.

Re: Hunter Mistakes Another Hunter For A Coyote - 02/23/18 07:14 PM

A case much like what you described actually occurred many years ago in Mississippi when a guy who was visiting his in-laws, shot and killed a MDWFP Game Warden. The guy had been reportedly night hunting behind his in-laws house when he heard noises in the brush being made by the officer who was trying to catch him. He reportedly fired several times into the brush in an attempt to scare off what he thought was an animal, only to hit the officer. The officer died at the scene and the shooter was later sentenced to 20 years and died in prison.

I remember reading about the incident when my parents lived in Meridian, MS. The shooter was a 20-something and was night hunting on the day after Christmas from his father-in-laws box stand and food plot. He was from the New Orleans area and probably not familiar with the area or locals. Of course I could be wrong, but I seriously doubt he believed a game warden would be chasing through the dark in the woods behind his in-laws house at 10:30 at night. And truth be known, it may have been his FIL the officer was trying to catch.

A very sad and tragic event for all involved.

https://www.odmp.org/officer/154-lake-manager-hilton-h-ike-shoemake
Posted By: Erathkid

Re: Hunter Mistakes Another Hunter For A Coyote - 02/23/18 11:01 PM

Terrible. And totally senseless. Trigger man looks like a real dipchit.

Re: Hunter Mistakes Another Hunter For A Coyote - 02/24/18 01:02 AM

Originally Posted By: Texas Dan

A case much like what you described actually occurred many years ago in Mississippi when a guy who was visiting his in-laws, shot and killed a MDWFP Game Warden. The guy had been reportedly night hunting behind his in-laws house when he heard noises in the brush being made by the officer who was trying to catch him. He reportedly fired several times into the brush in an attempt to scare off what he thought was an animal, only to hit the officer. The officer died at the scene and the shooter was later sentenced to 20 years and died in prison.

I remember reading about the incident when my parents lived in Meridian, MS. The shooter was a 20-something and was night hunting on the day after Christmas from his father-in-laws box stand and food plot. He was from the New Orleans area and probably not familiar with the area or locals. Of course I could be wrong, but I seriously doubt he believed a game warden would be chasing through the dark in the woods behind his in-laws house at 10:30 at night. And truth be known, it may have been his FIL the officer was trying to catch.

A very sad and tragic event for all involved.

https://www.odmp.org/officer/154-lake-manager-hilton-h-ike-shoemake

Sad, yes.

I think 20 years was the least he should of served. At least there was serious consequences for his negligence. If you don't understand the responsibility of firing a lethal weapon you should never carry or fire one. No exceptions IMO.
Posted By: Earl

Re: Hunter Mistakes Another Hunter For A Coyote - 02/24/18 03:55 AM

Something doesn't add up here, perhaps it's addressed in the 6 pages of posts but I didn't see it. The original linked story mentions the Pator whas shot "several" times...that's more than 2. I could buy accidental if a person was maybe shot once, but 2-3 times or more? That's not negligent and that's not accidental.

Re: Hunter Mistakes Another Hunter For A Coyote - 02/24/18 05:52 AM

He was shot twice.
www.google.com/amp/amp.wsoctv.com/news/l...ounty/703214724

Your legal assessment is not in accord with the DA.
Posted By: Txduckman

Re: Hunter Mistakes Another Hunter For A Coyote - 02/24/18 07:16 AM

Thank God I don't hunt around idiots. I would post what I really want but most won't like it.... Luckily only hunt 1000+ acre places... yes smaller places can be be hunted 100% safe but idiots exist everywhere so I said luckily. Not sure what idiot shoots at sound.
Posted By: snake oil

Re: Hunter Mistakes Another Hunter For A Coyote - 02/24/18 07:23 AM

Originally Posted By: Earl
Something doesn't add up here, perhaps it's addressed in the 6 pages of posts but I didn't see it. The original linked story mentions the Pator whas shot "several" times...that's more than 2. I could buy accidental if a person was maybe shot once, but 2-3 times or more? That's not negligent and that's not accidental.

I agree Earl doesn't quite pass the smell test....
Posted By: Charlieb68

Re: Hunter Mistakes Another Hunter For A Coyote - 02/25/18 01:54 PM

Felony murder could likely be proven in this case if trespassing with a firearm is a felony in N.C., and the prosecutor can prove the shooter was trespassing.

Re: Hunter Mistakes Another Hunter For A Coyote - 02/25/18 04:16 PM

Wow, I wonder if the DA knows anything about the law?

Re: Hunter Mistakes Another Hunter For A Coyote - 02/25/18 10:34 PM

No bump stock on the AR

Re: Hunter Mistakes Another Hunter For A Coyote - 02/26/18 01:49 AM

No one said the DA didn't know the law,but apparently lots of people in the posts above do not know the elements that constitute felony murder.
Posted By: snake oil

Re: Hunter Mistakes Another Hunter For A Coyote - 02/26/18 09:37 AM

Probably using a 6.5 creedmoor also.....

Re: Hunter Mistakes Another Hunter For A Coyote - 02/26/18 12:53 PM

I stand corrected, in North Carolina, although premeditation is not required to meet the standards for felony murder, it does require the commission of a "dangerous" felony (firing into an occupied vehicle, burglary, larceny, child abuse, as well as a few others).
Posted By: Nogalus Prairie

Re: Hunter Mistakes Another Hunter For A Coyote - 02/26/18 04:15 PM

Put me in the camp of thinking there may be more to the story....
Posted By: jeffbird

Re: Hunter Mistakes Another Hunter For A Coyote - 02/26/18 05:51 PM

Originally Posted By: Nogalus Prairie
Put me in the camp of thinking there may be more to the story....

Welcome back! welcome
Posted By: P&Y Bowhunter

Re: Hunter Mistakes Another Hunter For A Coyote - 03/01/18 04:57 AM

I'm sad for the families involved and hopefully others will learn a valuable lesson from this tragedy. There is simply no excuse for not properly identifying the intended target before even attempting to take a shot.
Posted By: TXDuckCreeklabs

Re: Hunter Mistakes Another Hunter For A Coyote - 03/05/18 02:09 PM

I was not apart of the situation there but there is a big difference in a person and coyote.... identify your target and your surroundings before you shoot. good point!
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum