Texas Hunting Forum

Poaching - Hard to fathom this level of stupid

Posted By: dkershen

Poaching - Hard to fathom this level of stupid - 01/19/18 09:27 PM

http://www.miamiherald.com/news/nation-world/national/article195484319.html

Group of teens arrested for poaching deer.. and them using them as bait to shoot bald eagles.
Posted By: Mr. T.

Re: Poaching - Hard to fathom this level of stupid - 01/19/18 09:31 PM

I hope they punish them harshly so that at least these teens wont ever do it again. A slap on the wrist and we will have created poachers for life.
Posted By: unclebubba

Re: Poaching - Hard to fathom this level of stupid - 01/19/18 09:32 PM

That's disgusting. There are two bald eagles that frequent our place in OK. Every time we leave a gut pile it does not take long for them to show up. I love watching them!
Posted By: Cast

Re: Poaching - Hard to fathom this level of stupid - 01/19/18 10:00 PM

The result of raising snowflakes.
Posted By: maximus_flavius

Re: Poaching - Hard to fathom this level of stupid - 01/19/18 10:44 PM

I bet they got numerous "Participation Trophys" growin up......
Posted By: J.G.

Re: Poaching - Hard to fathom this level of stupid - 01/20/18 01:02 AM

365 days of hard labor, making life better for the citizens of their county.
Posted By: krmitchell

Re: Poaching - Hard to fathom this level of stupid - 01/20/18 01:49 AM

Originally Posted By: FiremanJG

Maybe some habitat management to improve the hunting. Give them shovels to do what you would normally need a dozer for.
Posted By: J.G.

Re: Poaching - Hard to fathom this level of stupid - 01/20/18 02:36 AM

Originally Posted By: rexmitchell

Maybe some habitat management to improve the hunting. Give them shovels to do what you would normally need a dozer for.

Right after they pick up every single piece of trash off every public road within a 5 mile radius of that habitat. No bad weather days. I have to work in bad weather, so do they. 365 consecutive days for them, then 5 years probation. No hunting licenses for the rest of their lives. If they're caught killing or in possession of wild game, off to Huntsville they go.
Posted By: Dien

Re: Poaching - Hard to fathom this level of stupid - 01/20/18 02:42 AM

Not sure what snowflakes and participation trophys have to do with this. Seems like these guys were the opposite.
Posted By: pigplinker

Re: Poaching - Hard to fathom this level of stupid - 01/20/18 11:26 AM

Dumb,dumber, dumbest, Dip s@#t. I hope it gets deep in Mommy and Daddy's pocket book. If they only pay a fine or mom and dad pay it. They will not learn a thing. realmad
Posted By: Stub

Re: Poaching - Hard to fathom this level of stupid - 01/20/18 12:10 PM

Originally Posted By: rexmitchell

Right after they pick up every single piece of trash off every public road within a 5 mile radius of that habitat. No bad weather days
. I have to work in bad weather, so do they. 365 consecutive days for them, then 5 years probation. No hunting licenses for the rest of their lives. If they're caught killing or in possession of wild game, off to Huntsville they go.

Especially this.
Posted By: d.g.ruff

Re: Poaching - Hard to fathom this level of stupid - 01/20/18 03:03 PM

I bet somebody in one of their families has done this before and these idiots are just following in their footsteps. Still, what the heck are you going to do with a Bald Eagle? Post it on Facebook? Eat it? Use the feathers for ceremonial dress? I didn't think it was possible for people to still keep getting dumber, but they prove me wrong every day.
Posted By: Someone

Re: Poaching - Hard to fathom this level of stupid - 01/20/18 03:57 PM

hopefully they eat some Tide Pods for an online challenge soon
Posted By: texfork

Re: Poaching - Hard to fathom this level of stupid - 01/20/18 06:55 PM

Originally Posted By: Cast
The result of raising snowflakes.
Posted By: dkershen

Re: Poaching - Hard to fathom this level of stupid - 01/20/18 07:43 PM

Originally Posted By: pigplinker
Dumb,dumber, dumbest, Dip s@#t. I hope it gets deep in Mommy and Daddy's pocket book. If they only pay a fine or mom and dad pay it. They will not learn a thing. realmad

I doubt parents that raise kids this degenerate are going to learn much a lesson from a fine. These kid need to do some serious social services to drive home a point their parents never bothered with.
Posted By: SnakeWrangler

Re: Poaching - Hard to fathom this level of stupid - 01/20/18 08:32 PM

Originally Posted By: dkershen
Originally Posted By: pigplinker

I doubt parents that raise kids this degenerate are going to learn much a lesson from a fine. These kid need to do some serious social services to drive home a point their parents never bothered with.

Yup....couple thousand hours of community service would be fitting....
Posted By: VAFish

Re: Poaching - Hard to fathom this level of stupid - 01/21/18 12:57 AM

A quick google maps search of "Klickitat County, Washington" gives me a pretty good idea why they were doing it. Looks like a big chunk of the county is the Yakama Indian Reservation. The article doesn't give any details on the race of the teens, but I'd bet money they are Native American.

Not making any excuses for them if they are hunting off the reservation, but it does offer some explanation for their actions.

Now if they are Caucasians killing eagles and selling the carcasses to the Indians I say string them up.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum