Texas Hunting Forum

Feeder light

Posted By: LovinLakeLife

Feeder light - 12/16/17 09:29 PM

I'm sure this has been asked a few times
I am looking to put a light on my feeder, the one I am looking at says it's motion or on at dusk, off at dawn, and I can connect it to the battery for my feeder, big plus since my solar panel keeps that battery charged
My question is, should I have it set to motion, or dusk to dawn?
I have a NV scope, just looking for a light so I don't have to keep grabbing my rifle to see if anything is at my feeder
Opinions?
Posted By: Buck25-06

Re: Feeder light - 12/16/17 10:11 PM

Careful somethings too tempting
Posted By: DLALLDER

Re: Feeder light - 12/16/17 10:28 PM

Motion!!!!
Posted By: dogcatcher

Re: Feeder light - 12/17/17 12:27 AM

A solar powered light that is motion activated. We have one on the roof eave that kicks on when someone is walking up to the front door.
Posted By: chalet

Re: Feeder light - 12/17/17 09:20 PM

Picked up a few solar powered red LED dusk to dawn spotlights off of amazon this year. About $12/ea and they work pretty good.
Posted By: glocker17

Re: Feeder light - 12/17/17 10:13 PM

Always use dusk to dawn if possible, i have both and the motion will scare off some of the bigger pigs.
Posted By: R.M.

Re: Feeder light - 12/20/17 01:28 AM

motion
Posted By: Txduckman

Re: Feeder light - 12/20/17 09:21 AM

We use boar lights that are always on and then brighten when something is under it. Never scares anything. Many piggies have died under them. Use a post to mount on. The ones we put on feeders were okay but racoons would mess with them.
Posted By: Nogalus Prairie

Re: Feeder light - 12/20/17 12:56 PM

Check out Slow Glow hog hunting lights.
Posted By: Flashprism

Re: Feeder light - 12/29/17 02:49 PM

You can spend a lot of money getting high priced motion lights however great solar motion lights are at Northern Tool and Harbor freight. Look on line as mentioned above a new small square solar motion light is available for about 12.00 each I found them 2 for 12.00 and they are great. Only negative they have a low level light that stays on all the time at sunset and then gets real bright with motion. Never bothers the game but I'm not crazy with lights on all the time it draws unnecessary attention.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum