Texas Hunting Forum

Big bore air rifle

Posted By: cmc

Big bore air rifle - 12/14/17 03:13 PM

Anybody know a shop in DFW that deals in the big bore air guns? I need to play with some.
Posted By: colt45-90

Re: Big bore air rifle - 12/14/17 09:14 PM

air force in Fort Worth? not sure how big caliber they are now

Re: Big bore air rifle - 12/15/17 06:17 PM

I’ll check it out thanks.
Posted By: Tactical Hog Control - CO

Re: Big bore air rifle - 12/18/17 02:40 AM

Airforce Airguns has a .45 cal that they call the Texan and a suppressed model, the Texan SS. I've had a Texan that we turned into an integrally-suppressed model before they came out with their SS...AWESOME. Fill it from a scuba tank. The heaviest pellets I've shot are 400 gr....packs a punch and the hogs don't like it! Before the .45 cal, we killed a ton of pork with their .25 cal Condor fitted with one of our screw-on silencers. We mainly use them in areas where there are firearms ordinances, for hog control, but they are a lot of fun to plink with too!
Posted By: Mr. Jeem

Re: Big bore air rifle - 12/18/17 03:13 AM

Ray’s had one behind the counter last week. .45 caliber air gun.
Posted By: dogcatcher

Re: Big bore air rifle - 12/18/17 04:57 AM

There is a store in Abilene, it is at about South and South 7TH.
Posted By: huntwest

Re: Big bore air rifle - 12/19/17 02:12 AM

Umarex is coming out with a 50cal this year.
Will shoot a 250grain 1092fps.
Can shoot sabots down to .357 up to 1300fps.

Re: Big bore air rifle - 12/20/17 05:26 AM

Originally Posted By: Tactical Hog Control - CO
Airforce Airguns has a .45 cal that they call the Texan and a suppressed model, the Texan SS. I've had a Texan that we turned into an integrally-suppressed model before they came out with their SS...AWESOME. Fill it from a scuba tank. The heaviest pellets I've shot are 400 gr....packs a punch and the hogs don't like it! Before the .45 cal, we killed a ton of pork with their .25 cal Condor fitted with one of our screw-on silencers. We mainly use them in areas where there are firearms ordinances, for hog control, but they are a lot of fun to plink with too!
I’ve been checking these out. What size, weight, critter would be the limit for the .25. I’ve found a real good deal but leaning toward the .45 SS. I know TPWD is voting in January to legalize them for deer hunting but not sure what the minimal caliber would be. Any ideas?

Re: Big bore air rifle - 12/20/17 05:28 AM

Originally Posted By: Mr. Jeem
Ray’s had one behind the counter last week. .45 caliber air gun.
in Mansfield?
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum