Texas Hunting Forum

Deer coming in at night

Posted By: Ohdangit

Deer coming in at night - 12/11/17 12:18 AM

Is there anyway to deter them to come in during the early morning or late day that wont totally scare them off and is it legal to do so if there is a way
Posted By: Pitchfork Predator

Re: Deer coming in at night - 12/11/17 12:57 PM

Need more info. Where are you hunting? What's the terrain like? Are you feeding them to bring them in?

If so, how are you feeding them and what are you feeding?
Posted By: Texas Dan

Re: Deer coming in at night - 12/11/17 01:43 PM

I could be wrong, but I suspect your comments are driven by what your game camera that's watching your feeder. If you can, hunt in the middle of the week and stay well into the morning. For evening hunts, try scattering corn in new areas such as roads or clearings where you can watch them from a stool or portable ladder stand. The deer are now well educated that folks are after them so that new tactics are a must.
Posted By: Erathkid

Re: Deer coming in at night - 12/11/17 02:19 PM

Originally Posted By: Texas Dan
I could be wrong, but I suspect your comments are driven by what your game camera that's watching your feeder. If you can, hunt in the middle of the week and stay well into the morning. For evening hunts, try scattering corn in new areas such as roads or clearings where you can watch them from a stool or portable ladder stand. The deer are now well educated that folks are after them so that new tactics are a must.

Agreed^^^^^
Posted By: djs303

Re: Deer coming in at night - 12/11/17 09:59 PM

If its a feeder attracting them, cut back on how much feed your throwing and set the time a little earlier in the evening so the feed gets eaten up before dark.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum