Texas Hunting Forum

Game Camera Recommendations...

Posted By: thefish

Game Camera Recommendations... - 12/06/17 05:21 PM

Im pretty new to game cameras. Ive been using a pretty old one and its finicky. Im tired of fighting it. Does anybody have any recommendations?

What is the best Camera out there? Im looking for the following features:
-user friendly (read this as easy to operate)
-good quality pics
-Video option?
-under $200

is there a significant upgrade if i spend an additional $100 or $200? can i have pics sent to my email or phone? I assume that requires a data plan and cell coverage?
Posted By: kry226

Re: Game Camera Recommendations... - 12/06/17 07:18 PM

I bought two 2016 model Browning Strike Force Elites for about $220 for the pair off Amazon right before the season this year. I am very impressed with them, and up against my Reconyx which is only a year old, they give it a run for its money. The Brownings seemed to take at least as many pictures as the Reconyx, the night time flash was far superior, and I think the pic quality (especially night) was better as well.

YMMV, but hope this helps.
Posted By: krmitchell

Re: Game Camera Recommendations... - 12/06/17 07:40 PM

There are wireless game cameras available that require a data plan. Prices vary on cameras and plans.
Posted By: DirtNapTET

Re: Game Camera Recommendations... - 12/06/17 08:01 PM

YMMV?
Posted By: Western

Re: Game Camera Recommendations... - 12/06/17 08:17 PM

Originally Posted By: kry226
I bought two 2016 model Browning Strike Force Elites for about $220 for the pair off Amazon right before the season this year. I am very impressed with them, and up against my Reconyx which is only a year old, they give it a run for its money. The Brownings seemed to take at least as many pictures as the Reconyx, the night time flash was far superior, and I think the pic quality (especially night) was better as well.

YMMV, but hope this helps.

I'll second the Browning's, but stay away from the black ops models imo, strike force are worth every penny though.
Posted By: rickym

Re: Game Camera Recommendations... - 12/06/17 08:18 PM

Browning strike force! I have 2, one 3 years old and one 2 years old. Havent had a problem and will likely buy 2 more this year.
Posted By: Smokey Bear

Re: Game Camera Recommendations... - 12/06/17 09:51 PM

The Brownings are popular with the guys I hunt with. There are also a good many that use the 45 stealth cam. Stealth cam seems to take better daytime pics and the browning gets the edge at night.
Posted By: BayouGuy

Re: Game Camera Recommendations... - 12/06/17 10:01 PM

I have three of the Browning Strike Forces, two 10MP and one 12MP. I've never had better cameras.

Here's a video from one of the 10MPs.

Posted By: westtexaswatkins

Re: Game Camera Recommendations... - 12/06/17 11:16 PM

I've had good luck with the bushnell trophy cams. Good pics and long battery life. Bushnell recommends sandisc cards.
Posted By: LG

Re: Game Camera Recommendations... - 12/07/17 01:53 AM

Browning strike force!!!
Posted By: llbts1

Re: Game Camera Recommendations... - 12/07/17 03:44 AM

Browning going on sale Saturday morning at Cabelas. The sale is for 5 hours only, and in store only. This is the Strike Force 18mp for 89.99. I own one and it is a great camera.
Posted By: kry226

Re: Game Camera Recommendations... - 12/07/17 05:58 AM

Originally Posted By: DirtNapTET
YMMV?

Your Mileage May Vary. up
Posted By: Deerhunter61

Re: Game Camera Recommendations... - 12/07/17 12:55 PM

Originally Posted By: LG
Browning strike force!!!
x2
Posted By: EddieWalker

Re: Game Camera Recommendations... - 12/07/17 02:39 PM

The Browning seemed to have the best reviews on Amazon, compared to the other "real" cameras. The very best reviews seemed fake, and they where from brands that I never heard of, and the reviewers all sort of said the exact same thing. So I bought the Browning and it didn't take night pictures. Daytime pics where good, but nothing at night except a few black screens that you couldn't see anything. I probably had a dud and might have been OK getting another, but I just had Amazon refund my money and I bought the Stelthcam G42. It's about two months old and it's taking great day time pics, and fair night time pics. I think it's getting everything, I'm just not sold on how grainy it is past 30 feet. My feeder is at 30 feet and I can count points out that far, but beyond that, it's gets washed out.
Posted By: Pootie

Re: Game Camera Recommendations... - 12/08/17 02:30 PM

Bushnell Aggressor wireless is doing well for me both day and night pics are clear.
Posted By: djs303

Re: Game Camera Recommendations... - 12/09/17 04:48 AM

I have several Bushnell cameras and have had good luck with them. I just bought a a Bushnell Aggressor this year and it is really quick and the pictures are very good. I had to try several different settings to get good night photos on it. The batteries last a good long time in them. The aggressor has probably taken 10,000 day and night photos and is still showing full battery power.
Posted By: sprigsss

Re: Game Camera Recommendations... - 12/09/17 07:03 PM

Old Moultries that use AA batteries are my favorite. I have spent up to $250 on game cameras and my favorite is a Moultrie I can get for $50 on ebay.

Other cameras may have had better pictures, but battery life was horrible.

From my limited experience the cameras that use the C batteries had the worst battery life.
Posted By: BigPig

Re: Game Camera Recommendations... - 12/09/17 07:33 PM

We have been running the cheapest Browning trail cams for about 5 years now. They are great cameras, and with lithium batteries they will take roughly 15,000 pics a year before the batteries die. We leave them out Year round, in the heat and cold, nothing has effected them. Super fast trigger speed, and great night time pics
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum