Texas Hunting Forum

Loading Game Into Polaris Ranger Idea

Posted By: scot

Loading Game Into Polaris Ranger Idea - 12/04/17 02:45 AM

Did lots of research on this forum and others on ways to load deer into the ranger. Didn’t see this exact take on it so I wanted to share in case others were interested. Built the cross piece of of 11 gauge 2” square tube. Welded the three inch kicker to mount the winch on and bolted everything with grade 8 hardware. The idea is tip the bed. Hook the deer with the winch and drag in. Didn’t like having to drive around all the time with the receiver hoist mounted and going back to Camp to get it isn’t ideal either. Feel free to copy or improve it.

Posted By: huntwest

Re: Loading Game Into Polaris Ranger Idea - 12/04/17 02:59 AM

Good idea
Posted By: sbushee

Re: Loading Game Into Polaris Ranger Idea - 12/04/17 12:22 PM

Very nice. Like an idiot, I’ve just been pulling deer up into the bed all these years
Posted By: Creekrunner

Re: Loading Game Into Polaris Ranger Idea - 12/04/17 12:38 PM

Nicely done.
Posted By: SnakeWrangler

Re: Loading Game Into Polaris Ranger Idea - 12/04/17 03:10 PM

Originally Posted By: Creekrunner
Nicely done.
Posted By: DLALLDER

Re: Loading Game Into Polaris Ranger Idea - 12/04/17 03:53 PM

Originally Posted By: sbushee
Very nice. Like an idiot, I’ve just been pulling deer up into the bed all these years

Wait till you get to be a senior, senior citizen!!!
Posted By: DLALLDER

Re: Loading Game Into Polaris Ranger Idea - 12/04/17 03:57 PM

The old rope trick works great, if you have an anchor point.
Posted By: krmitchell

Re: Loading Game Into Polaris Ranger Idea - 12/04/17 04:37 PM

Originally Posted By: sbushee

Me too. Standing in the bed doing a power clean to pull the deer up isn't much fun by yourself.
Posted By: J.G.

Re: Loading Game Into Polaris Ranger Idea - 12/04/17 06:19 PM

I like it!

I'm thinking I will mount a winch to a male receiever tube. Then have a female on the front bumper, one on the roof like this, and of course the one at the rear. Winch can be plugged in where ever it is needed.
Posted By: CharlieCTx

Re: Loading Game Into Polaris Ranger Idea - 12/04/17 07:33 PM

Excellent work, I'll be looking for you on Shark Tank now...
Posted By: bear64

Re: Loading Game Into Polaris Ranger Idea - 12/04/17 08:26 PM

i mounted a winch to the top of the headache rack pretty much like you did. i have a dump bed on my mule so i made a short strap that lets the bed come up in the dump position to about 45 degrees, this allows the tailgate to be close to the ground . when i get the head started up into the bed it automatically starts to go back the normal position as the deer gets pulled farther into the bed. it works great when im by myself, and it works great when i do have somebody else there as well because its so much cleaner than wrestling a bloody rut stinking deer.
Posted By: JohnRussell

Re: Loading Game Into Polaris Ranger Idea - 12/04/17 08:51 PM

I am not sure if I have a picture, but we have a couple of "S" shaped hoists we put in the trailer hitch. After trying to lug a dadgum 150lb hog 300 yards (before I had the ranger.. lol)... we got 'smarter'.

BUT.. that setup is a lot nicer than ours.

Russ
Posted By: txshntr

Re: Loading Game Into Polaris Ranger Idea - 12/04/17 09:25 PM

Looks good!

I have a mahindra and we started there with the mounting, but the cable didn’t clear the bed when it was up.

Originally Posted By: FiremanJG
I like it!

I'm thinking I will mount a winch to a male receiever tube. Then have a female on the front bumper, one on the roof like this, and of course the one at the rear. Winch can be plugged in where ever it is needed.

I have a receiver mounted to the roof and a winch that mounts to any ball.

Posted By: ChrisB

Re: Loading Game Into Polaris Ranger Idea - 12/05/17 12:51 PM

Can you just throw a rope over the roof connected to a winch on the front bumper?
Posted By: txshntr

Re: Loading Game Into Polaris Ranger Idea - 12/05/17 02:39 PM

Originally Posted By: ChrisB
Can you just throw a rope over the roof connected to a winch on the front bumper?

I can’t in mine because of the front light bar.
Posted By: Hunter-Steve

Re: Loading Game Into Polaris Ranger Idea - 12/05/17 02:46 PM

I've used a Warn Drill Winch that can also work with your design but would not need to be permanent or require wiring. And can be useful in many other ways. I did replace the steel cable with the synthetic and it is much lighter too.

https://www.4wd.com/p/warn-drill-winch-9...BSABEgJT2_D_BwE
Posted By: Sidebuster

Re: Loading Game Into Polaris Ranger Idea - 12/05/17 03:28 PM

Great idea. Dumb me, I didn't know they had a winch like this.
Posted By: KingwoodCat

Re: Loading Game Into Polaris Ranger Idea - 12/05/17 04:12 PM

Why not just use a cargo carrier?
Posted By: twinbubba

Re: Loading Game Into Polaris Ranger Idea - 12/07/17 01:02 AM

Nice job.

Here is the poor man's way of solving the same task in my reply to a similar thread in September.

The Bubba Way
Posted By: jdickey

Re: Loading Game Into Polaris Ranger Idea - 12/07/17 01:36 AM

I have a Can-AmCommander and I put pulley on the headache rack, and use winch mounting bracket that fits into the trailer hitch receiver; run the cable up thru the pulley. Works great.
Posted By: slippinaround

Re: Loading Game Into Polaris Ranger Idea - 12/07/17 04:20 PM

Originally Posted By: ChrisB

This is what i do—-tilt the bed and winch it up
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum