Texas Hunting Forum

lease locating in new times

Posted By: olducker

lease locating in new times - 12/03/17 10:41 PM

Fellows I have been out of the lease chasing business for a number of years as I purchased my on place. I have for many reasons sold my place. I am now trying to locate a place for me and my old lab to finish up a last season or two. I have run a "looking for" add here under leases and of course watched the for lease adds here as well. No luck..... In the days of old we mailed to local chambers of commerce and the news paper. Where do you find leases now days?? I am particularly interested in waterfowl in a 2 hour drive or so from the metroplex.. open to suggestions thanks ... PS. I know I am late to the table but I didn't close my sell until late June..
Posted By: tlk

Re: lease locating in new times - 12/04/17 12:56 AM

leasehunter.com check every day and jump when a good new one comes up
Posted By: rickym

Re: lease locating in new times - 12/04/17 03:48 PM

Check with other waterfowlers you know that dont have a dog. Could be a way to get out for a few hunts. Post in the waterfowl section with your general location and some guys may want to invite you.
Posted By: nak

Re: lease locating in new times - 12/04/17 06:22 PM

We are in the same boat. We tried leasing agent, but that was a cluster that wasted our time and gas money. I've tried leasehunter, but properties lease almost immediately...no change to make a appointment to see them before they are gone. It seems there are a lot of folks out there that will sign a lease without ever looking at the property.
Posted By: SnakeWrangler

Re: lease locating in new times - 12/04/17 09:22 PM

Originally Posted By: rickym
Check with other waterfowlers you know that dont have a dog. Could be a way to get out for a few hunts. Post in the waterfowl section with your general location and some guys may want to invite you.

This^^^^^^
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum