Texas Hunting Forum

Direct TV customer - save $600 not an ad

Posted By: tlk

Direct TV customer - save $600 not an ad - 12/02/17 10:37 PM

on another forum a guy said he was a long time Direct TV customer - said if you call in to their Loyalty department and tell them your bill is to high and you may leave they offer $50 a month off your bill for twelve months with no changes. I tried it today and the lady asked me questions about what I liked to watch, etc. and then took the $600 off! Sweet!
Posted By: Texican

Re: Direct TV customer - save $600 not an ad - 12/03/17 03:13 AM

True story......Did the same.
Asked for "cyber deal" for $50 off per month from the loyalty department.
DONE!
Posted By: EddieWalker

Re: Direct TV customer - save $600 not an ad - 12/03/17 03:02 PM

Hope Dish does the same thing. When I called Direct TV a few years ago about upgrading to High Definition, they wanted $10 a month more for it, plus a $100 service charge to make it happen, so I switched to Dish.
Posted By: tmkbdd

Re: Direct TV customer - save $600 not an ad - 12/03/17 05:08 PM

Thx.
Posted By: BassCat'99

Re: Direct TV customer - save $600 not an ad - 12/03/17 05:51 PM

so we've had Direct TV since May, would that work for us?
Posted By: bp3

Re: Direct TV customer - save $600 not an ad - 12/03/17 07:04 PM

AT&T needs to keep customers right now
Posted By: llbts1

Re: Direct TV customer - save $600 not an ad - 12/04/17 04:16 AM

I don't think it's worth $600 in savings to stay with Direct. This is the worst company I have ever dealt with. As soon as my contract is up, I am gone.

Re: Direct TV customer - save $600 not an ad - 12/04/17 11:54 AM

Originally Posted By: llbts1
I don't think it's worth $600 in savings to stay with Direct. This is the worst company I have ever dealt with. As soon as my contract is up, I am gone.

I agree they are not good to deal with but Dish is no better - our local cable also is not good -
Posted By: Cast

Re: Direct TV customer - save $600 not an ad - 12/04/17 12:05 PM

I'm in the process of going all streaming at the lake. I've got Hulu fired up sharing the boy's account, Netflix, Amazon Prime and Sling in reserve if I need something live streamed. I might add an external antenna too, but don't know if I can get Houston HDTV in the Point Blank area.

If it works out I'll cancel DirecTV at home.
Posted By: Curtis

Re: Direct TV customer - save $600 not an ad - 12/04/17 01:22 PM

I dont know what problems you speak of with Direct TV but we have been with them since 2001. What kind of problems are you having? And that loyalty thing has been around for oh at least a decade so its nothing new just not too many people know about it. I have the same kind of deal with AT&T on my cell bill for years now and we have stayed with them for about the same amount of time.
Posted By: llbts1

Re: Direct TV customer - save $600 not an ad - 12/05/17 03:21 AM

Signal locks up randomly (on all tvs.) Georgia Auburn game signal goes dead. Can't use the app on iphone for there service without being in the home wireless network. (It defeats the purpose of the app). Can't watch shows from remote locations. App works randomly. Talked to the nice folks at ATT and was told that they could have a repairman come out and look at the connections. I would need to be there between 8am and 8pm. First time they stood me up. 2nd time I called they said that they would be there between 4pm and 8pm. Again stood up. I work for a living. I can't sit there all day hoping that they show up. I bought into their saving some money, and that "it won't happen to me, it won't be that bad". It's not only that bad, it's worse. I thought Dish Network was bad, I have one more year of this and I will be buying Dish flowers begging her to take me back.
PS, I could go on with the problems, but I think you get the idea.
Posted By: Greg

Re: Direct TV customer - save $600 not an ad - 12/05/17 03:56 PM

Worked for me...

I’ve been with DTV since 2003. I called and said my bill was too high...They got me in a better package that saves me $10 a month, then I got the extra $50 a month discount for a year. New bill is going to be $81 a month!!!

The easiest $600+ Ever.

Thank you for posting, tlk up
Posted By: mideon2000

Re: Direct TV customer - save $600 not an ad - 12/05/17 04:33 PM

Originally Posted By: EddieWalker
Hope Dish does the same thing. When I called Direct TV a few years ago about upgrading to High Definition, they wanted $10 a month more for it, plus a $100 service charge to make it happen, so I switched to Dish.

I have called dish in the past for my parents, account is under my name at their house. It will can save you some money and will get a few months of hbo or showtime. Just mention other specials from other providers and be polite.
Posted By: Texas Dan

Re: Direct TV customer - save $600 not an ad - 12/06/17 12:08 AM

It has become a game you have to play with all the telecommunication service providers. It starts by calling the 800 number and choosing the option to disconnect your service. This takes you straight to a "customer retention rep" who can offer the deeper discounts the front-line reps can't touch. Just remain courteous but make it clear the cheaper alternatives have you thinking seriously about switching to them. It's basic negotiation, you give me something and I'll give you something - remain a customer.
Posted By: sbushee

Re: Direct TV customer - save $600 not an ad - 12/06/17 12:17 AM

Originally Posted By: bp3
AT&T needs to keep customers right now
this.
Posted By: Texas Dan

Re: Direct TV customer - save $600 not an ad - 12/06/17 01:45 PM

Let me add that the longer you stay with a provider, the better your chance at re-negotiating a deal with them. If they see you as someone who keeps switching providers with no loyalty, they won't try hard to keep you. But if you've been with them for a long time, they're try hard to reward your loyalty and keep you as a customer. It just makes good business sense to do so. Your loyalty is a strong bargaining chip if you use it wisely.

I've been with Dish for over ten years now and my bill runs a little over $50 a month. Every time I call to re-negotiate, they always mention how long I've been with them. They recognize that I'm a loyal customer who always pays their bill on time, something that carries tremendous weight with anyone in the business of selling a product or service.

One final note. As with any form of negotiation, the person with whom you're negotiating makes all the difference. If you feel you're getting nowhere quickly, just hang up and call back to get a different customer retention rep.
Posted By: BowsnRods

Re: Direct TV customer - save $600 not an ad - 12/07/17 12:57 AM

Just called Direct Tv, ask to talk with a customer rep.and within 10 minutes my bill dropped 50.00 per month for the next year plus I got free movie channels for the next 4 months and my 80.00 monthly package was discounted another 20.00 per month.

Thank You tlk for the info.
Posted By: DSST_Construction

Re: Direct TV customer - save $600 not an ad - 12/09/17 02:23 AM

What number did y’all call?
Posted By: Dalee7892

Re: Direct TV customer - save $600 not an ad - 12/10/17 01:10 AM

My called and got the deduction plus other channels for nothing. Customer Service number. All is good when the wife can save some bucks or doe which ever.
Posted By: Curtis

Re: Direct TV customer - save $600 not an ad - 12/10/17 03:48 AM

You guys should hunt more and watch tv less.

Re: Direct TV customer - save $600 not an ad - 12/10/17 12:54 PM

Originally Posted By: DSST_Construction
What number did y’all call?

just call their customer service number and ask for Loyalty program unit
Posted By: decook

Re: Direct TV customer - save $600 not an ad - 12/10/17 02:50 PM

Be prepared to sign another 2 year contract

Re: Direct TV customer - save $600 not an ad - 12/12/17 01:13 AM

Originally Posted By: decook
Be prepared to sign another 2 year contract

I do not believe so - got my $600 off and no new contract required
Posted By: Hogslayer5L

Re: Direct TV customer - save $600 not an ad - 12/12/17 02:47 AM

I did it. No new contract. And they threw in free showtime. No strings attached. $50 a month off . Yal can be skeptical all u want
Posted By: decook

Re: Direct TV customer - save $600 not an ad - 12/12/17 11:56 AM

Originally Posted By: Hogslayer5L
I did it. No new contract. And they threw in free showtime. No strings attached. $50 a month off . Yal can be skeptical all u want

I wasn't being skeptical if you were referring to me. My wife made the call and this is what she got.
Posted By: stinkbelly

Re: Direct TV customer - save $600 not an ad - 12/12/17 07:25 PM

I have been with them for 15+ years. I just called and asked for the billing department. I spoke to a guy in India that didn't offer me any discount.

I guess I should ask for the "Loyalty Dept". I may call back.

Re: Direct TV customer - save $600 not an ad - 12/12/17 08:54 PM

I just called back and spoke to the loyalty dept. She gave me $60 off per month for 12 months. That is $720 savings. NO CONTRACT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: Direct TV customer - save $600 not an ad - 12/13/17 01:17 AM

JUST Got off the phone with direct tv and the guy had no idea what the loyalty dept was. I’ll give them a call again tomorrow.
Posted By: 68rustbucket

Re: Direct TV customer - save $600 not an ad - 12/13/17 02:22 AM

I’m gonna have to try that this weekend!
Posted By: Dropp-243

Re: Direct TV customer - save $600 not an ad - 12/13/17 03:02 AM

Just saved $50 a month.Its legit
Posted By: Toxarch

Re: Direct TV customer - save $600 not an ad - 12/13/17 04:29 AM

I usually call in to get the HBO deal where it's like $9 instead of $15 for 6 or 9 months. Last time I called, they did not reoffer the deal so I said cancel it (GOT season was already over). Then I saw some offer where you get HBO for free if you have AT&T wireless. I contacted them on Twitter due to login problems and one of their Twitter CS guys called me. Solved the login issue and then he tried to look up the Free HBO deal. said he couldn't find it so he just gave me $25 credit each month for 12 months and gave me HBO. Said I just had to keep HBO for 1 month and then I could cancel it and keep the $25 discount for the year, no contract. Later I found out the free HBO is only if you combine the bills and I think do autopay or something like that. I might have to call and see if I can get the same $50 off that you guys are getting.

Re: Direct TV customer - save $600 not an ad - 12/13/17 12:20 PM

Originally Posted By: stinkbelly
I just called back and spoke to the loyalty dept. She gave me $60 off per month for 12 months. That is $720 savings. NO CONTRACT!!!!!!!!!!!!

When you are talking to the computer, just keep saying "Operator, operator, ..." Once the guy from India comes on, say you want to talk to the Loyalty department. You are a long time customer and you want to see what they can do because your bill is too high. It will be connected back to the US and if you meet the requirements you will get a discount.
Posted By: gtrich94

Re: Direct TV customer - save $600 not an ad - 12/13/17 05:27 PM

I just called in and got $50 off a month for 12 months on both of my DTV accounts and also got free HBO for 6 months on my primary account. When you hit the menu prompt and it asks you what you want to do, say Cancel. Then it will ask if you are canceling because you are moving, say no and that should get you to the Loyalty department (it used to be called Retention). My rep called the $50/month discount a loyalty discount program that they were running.
Posted By: Wburke2010

Re: Direct TV customer - save $600 not an ad - 12/13/17 09:40 PM

My wife did this a week or so ago. Our bill went from 85$ a month to 8$. Works for me.
Posted By: greenen

Re: Direct TV customer - save $600 not an ad - 12/13/17 11:31 PM

5 minutes with Customer Loyalty. Bill went from $147 a month to $85 a month for 12 months. Thanks tlk!

Re: Direct TV customer - save $600 not an ad - 12/14/17 02:27 AM

Now I know why they are giving the discount. January 21 the prices are going up. I just got an email from them.

Re: Direct TV customer - save $600 not an ad - 12/14/17 12:22 PM

they are still giving discounts fyi
Posted By: Espy

Re: Direct TV customer - save $600 not an ad - 12/14/17 02:09 PM

Originally Posted By: stinkbelly
Now I know why they are giving the discount. January 21 the prices are going up. I just got an email from them.

Got the email also gonna give them a call and get a discount or I am going to cancel.
Posted By: Dodge_Rock

Re: Direct TV customer - save $600 not an ad - 12/14/17 02:12 PM

Originally Posted By: tlk

Thanks tlk - your post just saved us over $800!
Posted By: Greg

Re: Direct TV customer - save $600 not an ad - 12/14/17 02:38 PM

Originally Posted By: Dodge_Rock

Agree...best post of the year!
Posted By: TXSIGNGUY

Re: Direct TV customer - save $600 not an ad - 12/14/17 03:22 PM

Just got off the phone with a Loyalty Rep. Was able to back my plan down a notch and keep the same channels and get the $60 Discount per month for 12 months.

Thanks, Guys!!! up

Re: Direct TV customer - save $600 not an ad - 12/14/17 04:00 PM

Originally Posted By: Greg

Agree...best post of the year!

Merry Christmas! lol

Re: Direct TV customer - save $600 not an ad - 12/14/17 04:08 PM

Saved 40 a year for 12 months and got 50 saved a year for my dads account for 12 months.
Posted By: Espy

Re: Direct TV customer - save $600 not an ad - 12/14/17 04:09 PM

Just got 60 dollars a month taken off for 12 months banana
Posted By: tonyguitarguy

Re: Direct TV customer - save $600 not an ad - 12/17/17 02:01 AM

Im reducing mine from $160 on DTV to $50 on Slingtv. Easier and cheaper. Cutting the cord and going the streaming route.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum