Texas Hunting Forum

APH WMA limits &seasons differ from regular county rules?

Posted By: wgonfan

APH WMA limits &seasons differ from regular county rules? - 11/21/17 01:50 AM

I was looking at the APH land & regs in an area I hunt in and notice that on their season & limits it states "Archery only WT deer Sept 30 - Jan 7 (either sex). Bag limit = 1" - I read that to mean that Does and/or Bucks are allowed all season long; but you can only take 1 deer. The county it is in requires a permit for Antlerless after Nov. 20th . Does anyone know if the APH/WMA lands are an exception to the regular count regs?
Posted By: Palehorse

Re: APH WMA limits &seasons differ from regular county rules? - 11/21/17 02:32 AM

Originally Posted By: wgonfan
Does anyone know if the APH/WMA lands are an exception to the regular count regs?

Yes.
Posted By: wgonfan

Re: APH WMA limits &seasons differ from regular county rules? - 11/21/17 02:34 AM

hmm. Good to know; I would of assumed the APH rules were a generalization and the County regs would supersede
Posted By: pigplinker

Re: APH WMA limits &seasons differ from regular county rules? - 11/21/17 10:25 AM

Originally Posted By: wgonfan
hmm. Good to know; I would of assumed the APH rules were a generalization and the County regs would supersede

You need to read the book carefully. All the areas differ in some way or another. If you have questions ask the GW in the county you plan to hunt. Have a good hunt.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum