Texas Hunting Forum

Poaching Guilty Pleas

Posted By: jeffbird

Poaching Guilty Pleas - 11/18/17 04:31 AM

Three Texas men have pleaded guilty to criminal charges after they each poached a trophy whitetail buck, in three separate incidents, with a combined Boone & Crockett (B&C) score of over 535 inches.

A press release by the Texas Parks and Wildlife Department (TPWD) said the men — John Walker Drinnon, 34, Timothy Kane Sweet, 37, Brian Eugene Culp, 47, — killed two 19-point bucks and a 10-point buck respectively and ended up having to pay civil restitution worth well over $34,000.

http://www.chron.com/news/houston-texas/...#photo-14566024
Posted By: fmrmbmlm

Re: Poaching Guilty Pleas - 11/19/17 01:05 AM

And the game warden caught at least 3 times hunting illegally and shot a trophy buck was fined $800 and kept his job.
Posted By: blackcoal

Re: Poaching Guilty Pleas - 11/19/17 02:24 AM

Three different posts going about this event.
Posted By: NDN98

Re: Poaching Guilty Pleas - 11/19/17 04:26 AM

Originally Posted By: fmrmbmlm
And the game warden caught at least 3 times hunting illegally and shot a trophy buck was fined $800 and kept his job.

Link?

Only GW I knew about hunting illegally was the one who was shot close to Cooper WMA, but don't remember him getting a trophy buck.
Posted By: WileyCoyote

Re: Poaching Guilty Pleas - 11/19/17 04:31 AM

Nah .. did not kill a trophy buck...just hunting illegally on several counts and got a pattycake penalty from what I remember, many times less serious than Joe Average Schmuck would have...Just Sayin a bad case of
"Noblise Oblige" on display.
JMHO & YMMV
Ron
[/b][/i]
Posted By: Simple Searcher

Re: Poaching Guilty Pleas - 11/19/17 11:44 PM

Google "Chris Fried Texas Game Warden poacher"
Posted By: Deerhunter61

Re: Poaching Guilty Pleas - 11/20/17 01:13 PM

The game warden stuff I hadn't heard of but it goes directly to the issue of trust! When the law enforcement agencies DO NOT apply the law the same to one of their own as they do to average Joe then how is average Joe going to trust them?

"Switched from off duty to on duty moments before" biggest bunch of BS I've ever read!

Re: Poaching Guilty Pleas - 11/23/17 06:31 PM

Agree 100%

Re: Poaching Guilty Pleas - 11/24/17 04:52 PM

Originally Posted By: WileyCoyote
Nah .. did not kill a trophy buck...just hunting illegally on several counts and got a pattycake penalty from what I remember, many times less serious than Joe Average Schmuck would have...Just Sayin a bad case of
"Noblise Oblige" on display.
JMHO & YMMV
Ron
[/b][/i]
There was a picture of him with a big trophy buck from a previous illegal hunt, but he donated the meat, so that should count for something according to him.
Posted By: sbushee

Re: Poaching Guilty Pleas - 11/25/17 12:59 PM

That warden should have been fired and charged criminally
Posted By: yotehater

Re: Poaching Guilty Pleas - 11/25/17 01:34 PM

Thank the Grand Jury process. They look after their own.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum