Texas Hunting Forum

Bar encounter

Posted By: TurkeyHunter

Bar encounter - 10/14/17 06:22 PM

https://youtu.be/vDgUZySkxU8
Posted By: deerhunter1956

Re: Bar encounter - 10/14/17 06:33 PM

WOW I bet he ended up throwing that pair of drawers out!
Posted By: SapperTitan

Re: Bar encounter - 10/14/17 06:49 PM

Posted By: Sneaky

Re: Bar encounter - 10/14/17 09:14 PM

Cheese and crackers....
Posted By: dogcatcher

Re: Bar encounter - 10/14/17 10:11 PM

Last weekend at the motorcycle rally parade in Ruidoso a wild bear decided to join the parade. Local PD had to chase him off. I think this hunter got a little more excitement than he or them bargained for.
Posted By: Bee'z

Re: Bar encounter - 10/15/17 06:24 AM

That is a little too close for comfort.
Posted By: pigplinker

Re: Bar encounter - 10/15/17 10:16 AM

scared flush
Posted By: Flashprism

Re: Bar encounter - 10/15/17 11:32 AM

While hunting elk in Colorado about 20 years ago I was using a cow call and to my amazement a young bear about 100#'s responded and walked to within 5 ft of me. Not being comfortable with his disregard of my existence I stood up and told him to get out. He was reluctant and I picked up a rock and hit him with it. He scurried up a tree. I picked up my muzzle loader and hoofed it about a mile away and sat down again to call. To my shock after about 15 minutes this crazy bear shows up again not allowing him to get so close again I again throw some rocks at him finally hitting him and he again goes up a nearby tree. I have always pondered why he was so unafraid of a man. I'm thinking he was resettled there from a park or camp ground. He probably didn't last too long as someone would be sure to take him out with a bear license.
Posted By: Hunt n Fish

Re: Bar encounter - 10/15/17 12:26 PM

.....and after a Bear encounter Claude said:

I'd run and that bear would run up to me and I'd stop. That bear'd slide past me and I'd turn and run the other way. That old bear would catch up and I'd stop & that old bear would slide past me.

Bubba asked: Wuz you scairt?

Claude answered: Heck yeah I was scairt, what do you think that bear was a' slidin' on....... loser8
Posted By: colt45-90

Re: Bar encounter - 10/15/17 08:55 PM

wife & I were in Yellowstone watching a grizz, she asked what do we do if the bear charges, all I gotta do is outrun you.
Posted By: dkershen

Re: Bar encounter - 10/16/17 09:59 PM

Just a bit to close for comfort.
Posted By: PMK

Re: Bar encounter - 10/16/17 10:10 PM

uh, no!
Posted By: Stub

Re: Bar encounter - 10/17/17 11:24 AM

That is a real close encounter of the britches loading kind laugh

You know if that guy would have let that bear walk that would have been okay since the bear decided to let him walk.
Congrats to him for keeping his composure and harvesting what appears to be a big bear, bet his heart was about to thump out of his chest during that encounter.
Posted By: D Rogers

Re: Bar encounter - 10/17/17 02:59 PM

to hell with all that! You can keep it!
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum