Texas Hunting Forum

Buying a suppressor as an 18-year old?

Posted By: HogAssassin

Buying a suppressor as an 18-year old? - 10/02/17 07:13 AM

Hey guys, I have been looking into getting a suppressor and I understand that to buy from a dealer, I would have to be 21 years old, but from a private seller that seems to be a different story? Does anyone understand the "form4 to form 4" process/ what would the best legal way to go about it?
Posted By: ChadTRG42

Re: Buying a suppressor as an 18-year old? - 10/02/17 04:34 PM

The way I understand it, you must be 21 to have it in your "possession". A suppressor is classified the same as a full auto firearm, which is an NFA item.
Posted By: HogAssassin

Re: Buying a suppressor as an 18-year old? - 10/02/17 05:28 PM

I had thought an 18 year old can be in possession if their name is on the trust of whoever had originally purchased, no? Sorry if I sound ignroant I have very little knowledge on the subject, just trying to learn.
Posted By: blackcoal

Re: Buying a suppressor as an 18-year old? - 10/03/17 01:01 PM

H.A. offtopic Not to worry, we all went through and questioned the laws between 18-21. Hard 3 years to figure out "why". Don't worry, it will be over soon and then you are officially smart. bang
back

Sorry but I don't understand suppressor rules either but after they sort out the Vegas episode it may all change.
Posted By: ChadTRG42

Re: Buying a suppressor as an 18-year old? - 10/03/17 02:14 PM

Check with your NFA rules for 18 and over then. I would not "guess" at taking possession of a Class 3 item, which is an automatic felony at your age. Just saying.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum