Texas Hunting Forum

Blood light

Posted By: TGalyon1

Blood light - 12/08/16 01:17 PM

Has anyone used one of these ore anything similar.

https://www.amazon.com/Meyerco-Mossberg-...tracking+lights
Posted By: TexasATC

Re: Blood light - 12/08/16 04:51 PM

I'm curious as well. Reviews appear mixed. It is only 20$, wouldn't hurt to try it out.
Posted By: Palehorse

Re: Blood light - 12/08/16 05:01 PM

I've used one before, I wasn't impressed. The light is supposed to make the red blood appear as black and shiny. I suppose it does, but so does everything else that is red. When I used it, there were wet red leaves all over the ground and the blood didn't stand out at all. I found a bright flashlight worked better for me.
I suppose if you hunted where it was mostly sand, rock, or pine needles on the ground, it might work better. Then again, a bright flashlight would work there too.
Posted By: Bbear

Re: Blood light - 12/08/16 05:06 PM

Tried something similar a few years back. Had about the same impression that Palehorse did. Went back to keeping a spray bottle with Hydrogen Peroxide around. HP makes the blood bubble up. Just spray a bit and the blood shows up while the red leaves don't change.
Posted By: BenBob

Re: Blood light - 12/08/16 05:07 PM

Did not work very well for me.
Posted By: PMK

Re: Blood light - 12/08/16 05:21 PM

these only work or work best behind a HF or in a strip club ... bolt
Posted By: Pope&Young

Re: Blood light - 12/08/16 05:28 PM

Originally Posted By: Bbear
Tried something similar a few years back. Had about the same impression that Palehorse did. Went back to keeping a spray bottle with Hydrogen Peroxide around. HP makes the blood bubble up. Just spray a bit and the blood shows up while the red leaves don't change.

Same for me up
Posted By: Greg Z

Re: Blood light - 12/08/16 08:29 PM

blood will show up using an old fashion Coleman gas lantern.
Posted By: TGalyon1

Re: Blood light - 12/08/16 11:11 PM

Originally Posted By: Greg Z
blood will show up using an old fashion Coleman gas lantern.

I have used an old coleman latern before. I will be using it for varmits and dont want miss with the lantern. I figured it was to good to be true.

Thanks
Posted By: dredd

Re: Blood light - 12/09/16 12:20 AM

I have tried a couple of different flavors of "blood lights".

In my opinion, they are Snake Oil.

A bright white light has done the best for me.

I like Elusive Wildlife Tech's stuff, but when they released their "new" wizz-jamb-it blood light a couple of years ago, I expressed my complete dissatisfaction with their original that I bought and was sceptical of the new one.
All they said was... Yeah, the old one wasn't any good. You should buy the new one.
Posted By: KeithTT

Re: Blood light - 12/12/16 10:06 PM

I have always had a primos bloodhunter and the other day it just simply didn't work (maybe it's getting wore out). However I had just purchased one of those phone power juice packs from walmart. I bought the green and camo one that comes with a flashlight. I was using it as a flashlight and the blood trail beamed right up. I'm not sure if the light was meant to be a blood light or if I got lucky but that blood was glowing bright and I hardly had to stop walking and walked straight to both deer that were bleeding. The buck did not have an exit wound and I got lucky as heck to find it!
Posted By: ZK-315

Re: Blood light - 12/12/16 10:19 PM

Not sure of the brand of mine, but someone gave me a blood light for Christmas one year. Fresh blood turns to a dark neon orange color. << I know that may not make sense, but the best way I can describe it.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum