Texas Hunting Forum

Any one ever mount a

Posted By: Deerhunter61

Any one ever mount a - 11/06/16 07:05 PM

Coyote?

I think one would make for a beautiful mount. I've only mounted a Grey Fox but it'd be pretty cool to have a few more of the Texas Varmits/predators mounted. The one I'd most like to get and have mounted is the Badger. I think to fill out the ones I'd add after that would be a red fox, ringtail cat, and bobcat.
Posted By: SapperTitan

Re: Any one ever mount a - 11/06/16 07:08 PM

Ive seen some cool looking coyote shoulder mounts. I want a good coyote to do a euro on.
Posted By: dogcatcher

Re: Any one ever mount a - 11/06/16 07:21 PM

Originally Posted By: Deerhunter61
Coyote?

I think one would make for a beautiful mount. I've only mounted a Grey Fox but it'd be pretty cool to have a few more of the Texas Varmits/predators mounted. The one I'd most like to get and have mounted is the Badger. I think to fill out the ones I'd add after that would be a red fox, ringtail cat, and bobcat.

Neighbor did one, he also tanned a hide. I thought the hide looked better on the wall than the mount on the mantle did. His hide was a great fur, best one I have seen in Texas, looked like it came from way up north. But it was sot south of Abilene.

Originally Posted By: SapperTitan
Ive seen some cool looking coyote shoulder mounts. I want a good coyote to do a euro on.

Bobcat is better, nice and small and the teeth really standout.
Posted By: shea.mcphail

Re: Any one ever mount a - 11/06/16 07:24 PM

Never gotten a bobcat. There was one on my camera back in January. Would love to make a mount out of him.
Posted By: stxranchman

Re: Any one ever mount a - 11/06/16 08:31 PM

I have never had a coyote or bobcat mounted. I had friend get a coyote I killed mounted so he could use it as decoy.
Posted By: TFF Caribou

Re: Any one ever mount a - 11/06/16 09:44 PM

Never felt that frisky around one to be honest.
Posted By: J.G.

Re: Any one ever mount a - 11/06/16 09:49 PM

I've got a giant bobcat full body mounted. It's going to take a special coyote for me to full body mount one. And I think I saw him yesterday. He was huge! With a nice pelt. He must have got them memo, when I stopped the truck he ducked into the tree line. Now I have another mission to complete...
Posted By: Deerhunter61

Re: Any one ever mount a - 11/06/16 10:00 PM

Originally Posted By: FiremanJG
I've got a giant bobcat full body mounted. It's going to take a special coyote for me to full body mount one. And I think I saw him yesterday. He was huge! With a nice pelt. He must have got them memo, when I stopped the truck he ducked into the tree line. Now I have another mission to complete...

Good Luck! I hope you get him!
Posted By: HuntnFly67

Re: Any one ever mount a - 11/06/16 10:05 PM

I've never taken a song dog to the taxidermist. Got a badger in the freezer right now and had a bobcat on the wall until somebody offered me more cash than I thought it was worth.
Posted By: SniperRAB

Re: Any one ever mount a - 11/06/16 10:18 PM

They make a great mount, Nates done some that are outstanding at Tagged Out Taxidermy up
Posted By: don k

Re: Any one ever mount a - 11/06/16 11:50 PM

If I got a coyote mounted I would be afraid that every time I looked at it I would get pissed off and shoot it full of holes.
Posted By: SniperRAB

Re: Any one ever mount a - 11/07/16 12:26 AM

Originally Posted By: don k
If I got a coyote mounted I would be afraid that every time I looked at it I would get pissed off and shoot it full of holes.

roflmao

Posted By: dogdown23

Re: Any one ever mount a - 11/07/16 01:53 AM

Ive got a 48.6 lb dark colored coyote at the taxidermist, along with a red fox, grey fox, and 2 cats. Next on my list is to mount a ringtail cat, if I can find one..
Posted By: Zach S

Re: Any one ever mount a - 11/07/16 03:21 AM

I have a ringtail living in one of my old stands. Never even thought to shoot it and have it mounted. Just might have to do that.

Anyone know of a good taxidermist near Mason? Or Llano?
Posted By: SapperTitan

Re: Any one ever mount a - 11/07/16 03:38 AM

If i shot a black coyote id do some sort of mount
Posted By: Western

Re: Any one ever mount a - 11/07/16 10:11 AM

rofl
Posted By: Drop Tine

Re: Any one ever mount a - 11/07/16 11:41 AM

Shot a big Tom opening morning.....now I need to figure out who is doing the taxi work? Doubt I'd spend the $$ on a yote!
Posted By: SnakeWrangler

Re: Any one ever mount a - 11/07/16 12:04 PM

Originally Posted By: Deerhunter61
Originally Posted By: FiremanJG

Good Luck! I hope you get him!
cheers
Posted By: Stub

Re: Any one ever mount a - 11/07/16 03:05 PM

Seen some very cool ones up
Posted By: yanta61

Re: Any one ever mount a - 11/07/16 03:18 PM

Here is a little pedestal I mounted..

Here is a badger.
Posted By: TXHOGSLAYER

Re: Any one ever mount a - 11/07/16 11:06 PM

Originally Posted By: SniperRAB

roflmao

Scooter, those 2 whiskers seem to be out of place... bolt
Posted By: don k

Re: Any one ever mount a - 11/07/16 11:33 PM

If he was mine the whole head would be out of place.
Posted By: Harrier

Re: Any one ever mount a - 11/08/16 02:55 AM

Originally Posted By: SapperTitan
I want a good coyote to do a euro on.

Here's my coyote euro:
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum