Texas Hunting Forum

Mating call?

Posted By: Jeff McGuire

Mating call? - 11/16/15 03:26 PM

So I'm in my stand yesterday and I swear I heard a cow mooing somewhere close to me. Only problem is I'm hunting in the East Texas Piney woods and there ain't no cows anywhere close. Was this possibly a doe bleat or a buck bellowing? I was stumped. Maybe a lost parrot that learned to moo? haha, I have no idea. I didn't see a single thing all morning either.
Posted By: Navasot

Re: Mating call? - 11/16/15 03:31 PM

doe bleats are pretty quiet and soft pitched.. you should be able to tell the difference easily...
Posted By: SniperRAB

Re: Mating call? - 11/16/15 03:34 PM

Originally Posted By: Navasot
doe bleats are pretty quiet and soft pitched.. you should be able to tell the difference easily...

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Posted By: Navasot

Re: Mating call? - 11/16/15 03:36 PM

Now if your sitting near a river or swampy area you possibly herd a nutria but still its a pretty soft toned call
Posted By: stxranchman

Re: Mating call? - 11/16/15 03:49 PM

Cows do not always stay inside fences.
Posted By: Erichugh22

Re: Mating call? - 11/16/15 03:53 PM

Sasquatch is the only logical explication for this.
Posted By: jdickey

Re: Mating call? - 11/16/15 04:00 PM

Maybe like this.....

http://www.bfro.net/avevid/mjm/Howl.wav
Posted By: CharlieCTx

Re: Mating call? - 11/16/15 04:01 PM

Chuppa telling his friends he knows where a hunter is and calling them over for dinner...

Charlie
Posted By: Squatch

Re: Mating call? - 11/17/15 12:51 PM

Definitely a Sasquatch!
Posted By: hook_n_line

Re: Mating call? - 11/17/15 12:59 PM

Originally Posted By: Squatch
Definitely a Sasquatch!
Posted By: SnakeWrangler

Re: Mating call? - 11/17/15 01:46 PM

Any "buddys" hunting with you out there? I smell a practical joke.....friend at work told me a story about placing a FoxPro near his buddys stand..... nidea
Posted By: Aggieman775

Re: Mating call? - 11/17/15 01:55 PM

Originally Posted By: SnakeWrangler
Any "buddys" hunting with you out there? I smell a practical joke.....friend at work told me a story about placing a FoxPro near his buddys stand..... nidea

Ha that's funny but you don't mess with a mans hunt roflmao
Posted By: 1860.colt

Re: Mating call? - 11/17/15 03:52 PM

Originally Posted By: Aggieman775
Originally Posted By: SnakeWrangler

Ha that's funny but you don't mess with a mans hunt roflmao

confused2 the sound of a cow ? That's udderly rediculess.. flag
Posted By: Jeff McGuire

Re: Mating call? - 11/18/15 12:18 PM

LOL, I swore it was sasquatch too, but after further research I'm inclined to believe it was a bleat. She was probably sitting right under my stand messing with me.
Posted By: ryorgensen

Re: Mating call? - 11/19/15 12:47 PM

Sounds travel a long ways. I hunt behind my house and I was 2 miles in the very back of the property the other evening and could hear our rooster crowing at the house. It sounded like it was just a couple hundred yards away.. I guess the wind was just right..lol.. Also , we live 12 miles from the nearest railroad track and every once in a while on a quite night and a light wind out of the north ,We can hear the horn blowing from the train crossing.
Posted By: jdickey

Re: Mating call? - 11/20/15 02:41 PM

Maybe what you heard were like this one of these -

http://www.texlaresearch.com/whoops2ndlocation.wav

http://www.texlaresearch.com/trinity_river_7.11.10.mp3
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum