Texas Hunting Forum

EL PASO hunting Tips or Buddy

Posted By: KPHILLIP

EL PASO hunting Tips or Buddy - 11/06/15 04:33 AM

Hey all,

Am moving to El Paso TX, from Fairbanks Ak lots of big game and birds up here with no using ranches, or much private land, looking for some one to show me the ropes with both locations and what to hunt for, i have been reading the Texas and New Mexico hunting regs. I am in the military and just looking for a little help so I don't cross the wrong lines.
Posted By: TEXASLEFTY

Re: EL PASO hunting Tips or Buddy - 11/06/15 04:36 AM

Welcome to the forum. Never hunted in the El Paso area, you could look up mulie mike. He is probably pretty busy this time of your but I bet he gets back with you. Good luck!
Posted By: Bittercreek

Re: EL PASO hunting Tips or Buddy - 11/06/15 04:37 AM

Mulie-Mike. Is your Contact.
Posted By: grout-scout

Re: EL PASO hunting Tips or Buddy - 11/06/15 04:42 AM

I didn't know there were even deer in El Paso.
Posted By: el_cazador713

Re: EL PASO hunting Tips or Buddy - 11/06/15 05:06 AM

Mulie Mike is your man. There aren't deer to hunt in El Paso but plenty of game to hunt within a few hours drive west or east.

Re: EL PASO hunting Tips or Buddy - 11/06/15 05:15 AM

Thanks man
Posted By: dogcatcher

Re: EL PASO hunting Tips or Buddy - 11/06/15 06:14 AM

Check with the FT Bliss Rod and Gun Club. http://bliss.armymwr.com/us/bliss/programs/rod-and-gun-club/ They have more info than you will need. A nice facility and close enough to New Mexico that you can almost throw rocks at New Mexicans.
Posted By: JJH

Re: EL PASO hunting Tips or Buddy - 11/06/15 03:00 PM

When I was stationed there, they allowed hunting on the reservation, which runs up into the NM mountains. Got my first Mulie there. Hopefully they still provide this perk.
Posted By: Teamvit

Re: EL PASO hunting Tips or Buddy - 11/06/15 03:29 PM

There is a special draw for elk, mule deer, oryx, barbary sheep and antelope for post. I am currently stationed at FT Bliss and have had some good opportunities. Do not forget about NM since you are so close.
Posted By: BuckRage

Re: EL PASO hunting Tips or Buddy - 11/07/15 02:41 AM

Your in for some shock lol. Paid hunts is all that's available and be ready to travel. MM is your best bet unless you hunt NM. You're just as or closer to NM hunting than Texas and public like you're used to. Good luck.
Posted By: cazador1022

Re: EL PASO hunting Tips or Buddy - 11/07/15 02:46 AM

Hate to repeat over what has been said, but Mulie Mike is your best contact in El Paso

Re: EL PASO hunting Tips or Buddy - 11/07/15 04:45 AM

Thanks everyone ill track down Mr Mike looking forward to getting there in a few weeks
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum