Texas Hunting Forum

how many of your

Posted By: rickym

how many of your - 11/03/15 07:35 PM

Wives go hunting with you? Mine gets upset if I go without her. I can barely go fishin without her and her not get mad. I guess most would say I'm lucky in the sense that she loves the outdoors as much as I do.
Posted By: redchevy

Re: how many of your - 11/03/15 07:40 PM

She used to like to go. I think its fun that she comes, but I also enjoy it when just me/dad/brother go hunting/fishing from time to time. She enjoys going but doesn't have the passion to hunt or fish hard.
Posted By: krmitchell

Re: how many of your - 11/03/15 07:43 PM

Originally Posted By: rickym
Wives go hunting with you? Mine gets upset if I go without her. I can barely go fishin without her and her not get mad. I guess most would say I'm lucky in the sense that she loves the outdoors as much as I do.

This is my wife, fishing 100% of the time, hunting, she will go most of the time and anytime I want her to go. She just loves the outdoors, brings a book and never complains. Bird hunts and will hog hunt this year. Maybe white tail but I'm not sure about that.
Posted By: BOBO the Clown

Re: how many of your - 11/03/15 07:44 PM

My wife hunts with me about 70% of the time. Fishes about 10% with me. My wife actually fished more this year then I did
Posted By: rickym

Re: how many of your - 11/03/15 07:48 PM

This will be the year that mine gets her first deer and she wants to clean it herself. She's watched me and my dad do it, she works in the medical field doing surgeries and she's just positive that she can do it faster than my father and I
Posted By: rifleman

Re: how many of your - 11/03/15 07:49 PM

Mine loves it. I'm in the dog house with her bc she made mention that I'd been to Colorado twice since the last time she has. Smart woman, trying to sucker me into getting tags with later season dates next year.
Posted By: Western

Re: how many of your - 11/03/15 07:51 PM

Mine has gone several times (elk hunting), she would rather trout fish and look for rocks now, said " I'm not getting up that early" confused2
Posted By: TxDispatcher

Re: how many of your - 11/03/15 07:55 PM

This will be the year that mine gets her first deer and she wants to clean it herself. She's watched me and my dad do it, she works in the medical field doing surgeries and she's just positive that she can do it faster than my father and I

When she starts stitching it back up, stop her grin
Posted By: Mr. T.

Re: how many of your - 11/03/15 07:55 PM

My wife, is also my best friend. She goes with me 99% of the time both hunting and fishing. And works her butt off on the tractor getting the food plots ready, painting fences, never complaining. We've been together almost 40 years and I can't think of a better, "best friend," to have.

Posted By: CoachKM

Re: how many of your - 11/03/15 07:59 PM

My wife doesn't go, but encourages me to go. She always complains when the freezer gets low on meat, so I have to keep it stocked. She grew up with her father hunting and understands the time away. Probably doesn't hurt that I hunt with my father-in-law.
Posted By: stxranchman

Re: how many of your - 11/03/15 08:56 PM

I am single, so I don't have to worry about it.
Posted By: SniperRAB

Re: how many of your - 11/03/15 09:12 PM

Originally Posted By: stxranchman

rofl

I am still legal to do weddings after East roflmao
Posted By: QuitShootinYoungBucks

Re: how many of your - 11/03/15 09:12 PM

Mine has allergies so I have to hunt with my dad instead. banana banana2

Re: how many of your - 11/03/15 09:13 PM

Originally Posted By: Mr. T.
My wife, is also my best friend. She goes with me 99% of the time both hunting and fishing. And works her butt off on the tractor getting the food plots ready, painting fences, never complaining. We've been together almost 40 years and I can't think of a better, "best friend," to have.

If that Lady paints fences Amigo...That's Outstanding Sir up

Mines with me every trip
Posted By: Indyoshi

Re: how many of your - 11/03/15 09:32 PM

My wife loves hunting. we have been hog and duck and yote. This weekend she will go whitetail with me the first time. Also
loves to fish. We had a boat and sold it to get wheelers...now rethinking getting another boat. Haha. She is really good at flounder fishing and will gladly spend 12 hours in waders for "just one more"

Heck. We even got married at a ranch. Just me and her and my vhildhoof friend who got ordained online for $2.00 at the united church. Haha. Definitely my best friend and we love to get into anything outdoors together.

Re: how many of your - 11/03/15 09:44 PM

Good Stuff Indyoshi up
Posted By: Cast

Re: how many of your - 11/03/15 09:59 PM

Indyoshi; another over chicked THF'er. Great times there man!
Posted By: Indyoshi

Re: how many of your - 11/03/15 10:05 PM

Hahaha. Yeah. Shes an amazing woman. I definitely lucked out.
Posted By: ZK-315

Re: how many of your - 11/03/15 10:28 PM

My wife goes with me quite a bit.

But she's normally doing this...

In front of this...

Until I wake her up when the piggies show up, and she shoots one of these..

Posted By: Creekrunner

Re: how many of your - 11/03/15 10:46 PM

ZK-315, that's a smart, pretty,...and accurate young lady you got there. If I were you, I would not screw this up. grin
Posted By: ZK-315

Re: how many of your - 11/03/15 10:49 PM

Oh, and I hunt on her daddy's land... I'm making sure to mind my P's and Q's with this one haha.
Posted By: 1860.colt

Re: how many of your - 11/03/15 10:54 PM

cheers Cool Thread ... flag
Posted By: Elkhunter49

Re: how many of your - 11/03/15 11:16 PM

Yep she goes sometimes. She likes to do here shooting with a camera!
Posted By: allterrain

Re: how many of your - 11/03/15 11:20 PM

My wife goes and likes to sit the evening hunts, she will sit the bow stand with me as well.
Posted By: Mike Honcho

Re: how many of your - 11/03/15 11:21 PM

Wife loves shooting, and will hunt birds, pigs, and varmints, deer and the like are "too pretty". She does love to fish! So i consider myself very lucky.
Posted By: Stratgolfer

Re: how many of your - 11/03/15 11:30 PM

I've tried to get my wife out to the lease. She says "nope, that is your space, I have no interest in it." But she is very good letting me get out there as much as possible.
Posted By: Creekrunner

Re: how many of your - 11/03/15 11:40 PM

Originally Posted By: Stratgolfer
I've tried to get my wife out to the lease. She says "nope, that is your space, I have no interest in it." But she is very good letting me get out there as much as possible.

Yet another keeper.

Took my wife two different weekends about 10 or 11 years ago, maybe less. Her dad was one heckuva shot, pistol and rifle, before his eyes went bad. She grew up around guns. Set the target up, "boom", right on target. I ask if she wants to shoot again. "Nope". Sit in the blind. Darn good hill country buck comes out. "Boom". Buck gives us the "What the hell was that look?" Walks, very healthy, jumps the fence and disappears. No sign whatsoever. Second weekend. Different, but still, very good hill country buck walks out. "Boom." Again with the look. Runs off, very healthy. No sign. I make her do a dominant eye test with me and I'm 99% sure she's cross-eye dominant (like me). She doesn't care and she's done with hunting. She wants game in the freezer and for me to go whenever I want.

Happy wife, happy life.
Posted By: hogreaper

Re: how many of your - 11/03/15 11:48 PM

Plan on taking mine this year for her first doe and hog
Posted By: Grosvenor

Re: how many of your - 11/04/15 12:30 AM

My wife is a pretty good sport and she likes to spend some time at the ranch (especially now that we have kids), but I wouldn't say she's super thrilled about my passion for hunting.
Posted By: CRAnderson52

Re: how many of your - 11/04/15 12:34 AM

Touché.
Posted By: ddmm

Re: how many of your - 11/06/15 02:35 AM

my wife actually got me into quail hunting before we were married. She was raising brittany spaniels. She likes to go deer hunting, but just to watch the boys do their hunting. She would take one and I would take the other. Now that their older and bow hunting, the boys sit in the tripod stand and she sits 50 -60 yds. back in the box blind so she can watch and video.
Sure doesn't hurt that we hunt on her parents land!!
Posted By: Rob Lay

Re: how many of your - 11/06/15 02:56 AM

My wife grew up country girl working the farm, she is 99.9% city now! she is hunting with me Saturday with our daughter for hogs. my 75 year old mom hunts with me every year.
Posted By: texassippi

Re: how many of your - 11/06/15 08:45 PM

Indeed.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum