Texas Hunting Forum

meat swap

Posted By: activescrape

meat swap - 10/27/15 01:33 AM

Question, is it legal to swap wild game? I have a couple of hogs in the trap, about 130-150lbs each. I'm going to go out and get them tomorrow, but I already have a lot of wild hog. I have a wild game feast every New Years and I don't have much variety this year because of low funds and lack of time. I thought someone might want to trade something they have for one of these pigs, dressed and skinned, whole. I have deer, pig, and ducks and a few dove, but that's about it. Is it legal, and is anyone interested? Ft. Worth/Arlington area. Thanks. You can pm me if you want.
Posted By: 7mag

Re: meat swap - 10/27/15 01:37 AM

Feral hogs, exotics you have no problem. Game animals such as wt deer, mule deer, then it needs to be "given".

Re: meat swap - 10/27/15 02:36 AM

Well, I'm open to suggestions. I'm going to get these pigs anyway.
Posted By: bull279

Re: meat swap - 10/27/15 03:48 PM

Like stated above, feral hogs and exotics are a different thing from game animals, for them I think you need the following form for that...

TPWD Wildlife Resource Document
Posted By: Bill_OA

Re: meat swap - 10/27/15 04:17 PM

I wouldn't imagine it being an issue. You decided to give someone some wild hog meat. They decided to give you some elk or wt or axis meat.
Posted By: rickym

Re: meat swap - 10/27/15 04:44 PM

I think he's lookin for someone with exotic meat, he said he has deer.

Re: meat swap - 10/27/15 06:24 PM

I'll do the form, no prob. Headed out now to do the deed. I'll check when I get in tonight .I know lots of people have wild hogs, bun not everyone. I'm open for anything I don't already have. I just got caught short this year.
Posted By: Erathkid

Re: meat swap - 10/27/15 10:12 PM

If the meat is already processed you don't need a hunter resource document to give away game meat. You never need a document for hogs.
Posted By: DuckCoach1985

Re: meat swap - 10/28/15 03:10 PM

Let's see them piggies
worthless
Posted By: shadams

Re: meat swap - 10/29/15 02:08 PM

I thought this was a different site for a second when I saw the title...sheesh... duel
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum