Texas Hunting Forum

Does pee madder

Posted By: 1860.colt

Does pee madder - 10/26/15 06:19 PM

It's been brought up in other threads... Every one has opinions... Like pappy says: mine stinks ... Does peeing close ta stand make a difference ? Many a times while wondering about the woods... When ya gotta go, ya gotta go... & if ya's come across a bucks scrape, & pee in it, does it make the buck madder ? 2cents tis it all about a bucks menbrain .... As pappy once said: Twas sitten at me favorite blind, gruntled whin my mind wondered ... flag
Posted By: DuckCoach1985

Re: Does pee madder - 10/26/15 06:29 PM

I read an article a while back where a guy would pee on his mock scrapes saying the bucks could smell the testosterone and mistake it for another buck
Posted By: MoBettaHuntR

Re: Does pee madder - 10/26/15 06:37 PM

I peed out of the back of a tree I hunt under this morning... ten minutes late deer crossed within 15 yards. As long as you are playing the wind. I thought by the title you were asking about putting doe pee out.

Re: Does pee madder - 10/26/15 07:33 PM

cheers Tis called buck rage, chemical disorder, & playing the wind tis good point... Why one time, way back in the hollows... Twas up in me stand when mother nature called.... Had 25mile swirling winds... Pulled out my pistal, bout time i fired away gust of wind threw off my aim... Ta pud it bluntly, tis what i call in laymans turms pissed on de tree... Next day found a rub & scrape... flag
Posted By: MoBettaHuntR

Re: Does pee madder - 10/26/15 07:35 PM

Now that you relieved yourself get those bucks.
Posted By: rifleman

Re: Does pee madder - 10/26/15 08:00 PM

Originally Posted By: DuckCoach1985
I read an article a while back where a guy would pee on his mock scrapes saying the bucks could smell the testosterone and mistake it for another buck

I do that to get the scrapes active again. First buck through covers your pee up with its own and the chain continues.

Re: Does pee madder - 10/26/15 08:15 PM

cheers after good rain like just had... Bucks be refreshing the scrapes...
Edit: checked cam's... One by blind put rechaged batteries, it was down before rain hit.. The one by tree line, batteries went dead 10-24, last pic was 7:28pm... Haven't check pic's on it yet... The one set on an ol rub, pic's of young doe's & a yote.. cheers fresh tracks, looks like doe at food plot at oak tree... flag
Posted By: jakhunter

Re: Does pee madder - 10/27/15 01:21 AM

I used to pee on a scrape about 50 yards from my pop up EVERY single hunt. That scrape was worked so much it was unreal! Also had countless does check it out, bobcats, coyotes, and foxes didnt mind my scent either. It def didnt hurt my hunting.
Posted By: wtr

Re: Does pee madder - 10/27/15 01:27 AM

roflmao
Posted By: sqiggy

Re: Does pee madder - 10/27/15 01:38 AM

Been doing it for years. Either in a real scrape or one of my own. Doesn't matter to the deer. Got plenty of pics to back it up!!

Re: Does pee madder - 10/27/15 02:48 AM

Been known ta use pee-drips myself... Threw years of research have found plastic works better than paper... Quart size zip-lock bags, the brown paper bags just don't hold water... flag
Posted By: texashelms

Re: Does pee madder - 10/27/15 12:21 PM

Did it saying anything about pulling one off in scrape?

Re: Does pee madder - 10/27/15 01:20 PM

rofl Does it madder flag
Posted By: texashelms

Re: Does pee madder - 10/27/15 01:28 PM

Originally Posted By: colt.45
rofl Does it madder flag

Yes because I tend to go overboard when it comes to deer hunting.

Re: Does pee madder - 10/27/15 01:39 PM

Originally Posted By: texashelms
Originally Posted By: colt.45
rofl Does it madder flag

Yes because I tend to go overboard when it comes to deer hunting.

confused2 Let it out flag

Re: Does pee madder - 10/27/15 05:52 PM

Deer hit scrape this morning, i know, worthless tis second found this year... 2cents this one started as a mock scrape flag
Posted By: GLC

Re: Does pee madder - 10/27/15 06:04 PM

OK, so would not normally admit it but here is a story from two weeks ago. I had been out in an open tri pod stand from 5:30am and it was now 10am. Lets just say I was about to bust. Took out my trusty pee bottle out of my backpack. Doing my business in the stand and noticed that I was about to run out of room in my bottle. Well you can't just stop so off the stand and on the ground I continued. Then I thought well lets pour a little doe pee on top to conceal it. Stayed in the stand another 30 minutes when 2 doe came by right under my stand. One came within 3 feet of my indiscretion and stopped, froze and smelled. Never blew, just turned 90 degrees and went to the feeder and then scampered off. I guess it could not figure out what she smelled.

Re: Does pee madder - 10/27/15 08:10 PM

rofl cheers cool story.... Deer are curious... Told story before.. Did see die jump out of its tracks when crossed were cut threw ta my bow stand... Smelt the smell from foundry... Usualy carry hunting cloths in trash bag with line needles & cedar bark & chainged cloths when got t lease... Was in hurry & jumped in work truck with hunting cloths on... Doe hit my trail, 3times jumped back, 4rth time jumped over invisible barrier...
Took one of my cam's set up facing old rub... Made two scrapes... It's been scraped & got deer tracks in it... Think done early morning just before light... flag
Posted By: ChadTRG42

Re: Does pee madder - 10/27/15 09:00 PM

Madder? What's that?
Posted By: Simple Searcher

Re: Does pee madder - 10/27/15 09:12 PM

As I was sitting in some mesquite bushes on a sendero once, I had a doe show up down wind of me. This was soon after I had relieved myself. She seemed mildly bothered but never snorted. She walked around behind me (maybe only 12 feet away) and came back out upwind of me. She continued to eat corn without any concern. I think the smell confused her and she payed no attention to my normal scent. flag

Re: Does pee madder - 10/27/15 11:12 PM

Had ta look it up ta make sure... madder can be used as a noun, verb, or adjective... Used in topic heading its adjective can be confused ...
From posts many have pee'd in de woods confused2 bears do it... Although did get mugged by one over some charmin... flag
Posted By: Curly

Re: Does pee madder - 10/27/15 11:31 PM

http://www.grandviewoutdoors.com/big-game-hunting/does-human-urine-scare-deer/
Posted By: PaulsBunyan

Re: Does pee madder - 10/28/15 12:10 AM

Used to carry a Gatorade bottle to pee in. Gave up on that and go right off the stand or down the side of the tree. Don't think it's a big deal. But I try to keep it to a minimum.

Re: Does pee madder - 10/28/15 01:09 AM

Hear they coming out with camo depends for seniors... flag
Posted By: DuckCoach1985

Re: Does pee madder - 10/28/15 02:25 PM

Originally Posted By: PaulsBunyan
Used to carry a Gatorade bottle to pee in. Gave up on that and go right off the stand or down the side of the tree. Don't think it's a big deal. But I try to keep it to a minimum.

You're supposed to use an apple juice bottle.. up

Re: Does pee madder - 10/28/15 07:59 PM

Originally Posted By: PaulsBunyan

You're supposed to use an apple juice bottle.. up

Plastic is better than brown bagging it... flag
Posted By: 4dog

Re: Does pee madder - 10/30/15 11:12 AM

Coupla weeks ago i was in my tree stand hog hunting and i had to go..peed off the stand..10 min. Later two big boars came in and it didnt bother them a bit ...they walked right under my stand and went to feeder 20 yrds away...two hogs entered ,, one hog left,, the way it goes sometimes.

Re: Does pee madder - 10/30/15 06:05 PM

cheers Enjoy the input... In the many years of wondering about the woods, have never seen were it made difference... Never used bottle... As pappy once said: if mother nature called, answered it naturaly... Got a mock scrape over by an old rub... Found were deer had freshened it, deer track in it... No pic on cam... Got light drizzle this morning.. Bucks sometimes go around freshening scrapes after rain... Let ya all know... flag

Re: Does pee madder - 10/31/15 04:48 PM

dueling with androids... confused2 sometimes gotta re-log in when diddn't log-out.... Rain here has stopped. Suns come out, wash on line about dry... Little ditch gotta cross ta get ta stands, feeders, & cam's has become small creek from run off... Figured check cam at mock scrape... It's got some tracks, scratch thinking doe... Haven't looked at pic's yet.. Hopen got pic of a buck freshening it.. Be Great day ta be at OSBWMA on an Archery hunt for a Holloween Buck ... Don't do no good ta complain... Sitting here at house whilst my mind wonders about the woods .... Best wishes for those on stand... Edit: Spell check can be a hemerrhiod in the astroid when hit wrong letter or miss spell... flag

Re: Does pee madder - 10/31/15 07:50 PM

As pappy once said: Urin the woods, mother nature calls, i naturaly answer... yingyang pee don't madder ...
Just under 3,000 pic's at mock scrape... First pic of a deer at scrape was a doe, with button buck with her... This morning after the rain settled, a buck visited the scrape... Not able ta down load pic's off andriod... Ta most this thread not worth 2cents then my credit on here not worth 2cents count of me grammer.. rofl & that's cool... As pappy once said: i might of packed the pee inta the woods, but i'll wear depends before i pac it out in a bottle ... flag

Re: Does pee madder - 11/02/15 01:43 PM

confused2 twas trying ta post pic of The Holloween Buck ta go with this thread... Used a mock scrape ta Trick the deer, the Treat was the pic i got... dueling with android & not able ta down load... flag
Posted By: txbobcat

Re: Does pee madder - 11/03/15 02:20 AM

I go at my feeder every time I am there.

Re: Does pee madder - 11/03/15 09:27 PM

Little info... My cam's are at food plot 365days a year.. mainly cause enjoy watchen deer, & seeing what's on SD cards, different type birds, got cool piccs of owls
& hawks, yotes, bobcats, deer & if hog shows up... Very seldom get pic of a buck at feeders & food plots, if do they in early velvet... Do get few pic's of bucks checking area out from time ta time from distance... Theirs a rub off ta side at edge of tree line, what some refure to as staging area... Made the mock scrape on the 22-10 & set a cam up... On the 26-10 found fresh deer tracks in scrape... Tis just simple thread... It hasn't bothered the deer movement... flag
Posted By: Ronnie Oneal

Re: Does pee madder - 11/04/15 01:48 AM

My wife my 3 kids and myself all set in box blind sunday evening. Between all of us we probably peed 8 times. Son shot his deer not 30 yards from the pee....

Re: Does pee madder - 11/04/15 05:41 AM

cheers congrats to your son flag

Re: Does pee madder - 11/09/15 07:12 AM

The Halloween Buck nose ta mock scrape... flag
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum