Texas Hunting Forum

New Mexico over the counter

Posted By: skyblaster7274

New Mexico over the counter - 10/15/15 12:23 AM

Are there still any units in New Mexico that you can buy an over the counter tag for Mulies or elk? Archery or rifle but I'm leaning more towards archery.
Posted By: Sneaky

Re: New Mexico over the counter - 10/15/15 12:42 AM

Not that I'm aware of. I believe it's all draw or landowner vouchers.

Re: New Mexico over the counter - 10/15/15 12:53 AM

My dad and a bunch of his buddies use to go about 15 years ago and they would buy over the counter tags but I can't remember where at, I guess maybe things have changed. Not really the answer I was hoping for but figured that'd be the one I got lol.

Re: New Mexico over the counter - 10/15/15 01:14 AM

You could look into leftover tags, but anything leftover this late probably isn't worth buying.

Re: New Mexico over the counter - 10/15/15 01:14 AM

Colorado has plenty of OTC tags. Second season starts Saturday.
Posted By: BOBO the Clown

Re: New Mexico over the counter - 10/15/15 01:20 AM

Think only thing left in NM is a few units have a few left over Jan archery mulie tags.

Re: New Mexico over the counter - 10/15/15 01:32 AM

Could y'all point me in the right direction for Colorado, dad went a few times and said it was awful. What units are the better ones for otc?

Re: New Mexico over the counter - 10/15/15 01:57 AM

I think it's great. Most units have plenty of elk. I don't know of any that stand out above the rest. Just find some steep, thick country that nobody else wants to mess with, and you'll find elk.
Posted By: BOBO the Clown

Re: New Mexico over the counter - 10/15/15 01:59 AM

Originally Posted By: Sneaky
I think it's great. Most units have plenty of elk. I don't know of any that stand out above the rest. Just find some steep, thick country that nobody else wants to mess with, and you'll find elk.

Pretty much sums it up. Guys that kill elk every year in CO work for it.

Re: New Mexico over the counter - 10/15/15 02:09 AM

Well we're mainly hunting to bow hunt mule deer not so much elk, just looked on colo game page and boy am I'm lost! What the hell is list b and all that stuff? Never done anything like this, just really wanting to get in the mountains and hunt! Sorry for all the questions lol
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum