Texas Hunting Forum

Monster bull - Zim

Posted By: Creekrunner

Monster bull - Zim - 10/13/15 02:06 PM

Received this from a PH a few days ago. Hesitated to post, but it's on other forums, so the cat's out of the bag. He wandered out of a park into a hunting area. I don't believe a bull this big has been killed in decades in southern Africa. Estimated 120# each side.

The PH is black, so maybe he'll get a pass. The media is scared to attack a black man, unless he says he's a Republican.

'Thought it might be of interest to some of you all. And some on here will say they wouldn't shoot an elephant, "have no desire to go there", etc. That's fine too. Elephant hunting is a complicated subject with mixed emotions for sure.
Posted By: Sneaky

Re: Monster bull - Zim - 10/13/15 02:20 PM

Wow. I would love to shoot something like that.
Posted By: fouzman

Re: Monster bull - Zim - 10/13/15 02:27 PM

Gorgeous, old bull.
Posted By: rickym

Re: Monster bull - Zim - 10/13/15 02:31 PM

That's a big creature
Posted By: Mr. T.

Re: Monster bull - Zim - 10/13/15 02:43 PM

Congrads to the hunter. I'm sure it's the trophy of a life time.
Posted By: QuitShootinYoungBucks

Re: Monster bull - Zim - 10/13/15 03:36 PM

120#!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted By: Pitchfork Predator

Re: Monster bull - Zim - 10/13/15 03:44 PM

eeks333
Posted By: SapperTitan

Re: Monster bull - Zim - 10/13/15 04:36 PM

Originally Posted By: Pitchfork Predator
eeks333
Posted By: txshntr

Re: Monster bull - Zim - 10/13/15 04:43 PM

Impressive animal
Posted By: DuckCoach1985

Re: Monster bull - Zim - 10/13/15 05:40 PM

that's a big animal
Posted By: CharlieCTx

Re: Monster bull - Zim - 10/13/15 10:15 PM

Complicated issue for sure...

Charlie
Posted By: SnakeWrangler

Re: Monster bull - Zim - 10/13/15 11:05 PM

Originally Posted By: Mr. T.
Congrads to the hunter. I'm sure it's the trophy of a life time.
Posted By: Drahthaar

Re: Monster bull - Zim - 10/14/15 01:20 AM

He is huge more ways than one, Awesome. Forrest
Posted By: Simple Searcher

Re: Monster bull - Zim - 10/14/15 01:23 AM

That's a big creature. The hunter can be glad it didn't have a name.
Posted By: Texas Tatonkas

Re: Monster bull - Zim - 10/14/15 01:35 AM

Massive animal, I bet the whole town was happy for a while after that one.
Posted By: MoBettaHuntR

Re: Monster bull - Zim - 10/14/15 05:43 PM

Sad that hunters are trying to hide stuff like this for fear of the media. Should be able to proud and not have to worry about offending
Posted By: TexasOutdoorsman

Re: Monster bull - Zim - 10/14/15 09:02 PM

Beautiful Animal!

Re: Monster bull - Zim - 10/15/15 01:41 AM

Here's the real tragedy:

26 MORE elephants poisoned in Hwange

The park where everything's wonderful and nice tourists enjoy beautiful animals and only evil American (white) hunters do anything wrong, like kill a cuddly lion. You won't hear a peep about this in the world media. The Chinese are raping southern Africa - timber, minerals, ivory, rhino horn. What are our youth (and our president) worried about? Global warming, I mean cooling, I mean climate change.
Posted By: BigPig

Re: Monster bull - Zim - 10/15/15 01:53 AM

That would make a lot of boots and belts!

What happens with the animal? Locals get the meat?
Posted By: Nogalus Prairie

Re: Monster bull - Zim - 10/15/15 01:54 AM

What an amazing trophy! A real throwback to the Golden Age of Africa.

Re: Monster bull - Zim - 10/15/15 02:11 AM

Originally Posted By: BigPig
That would make a lot of boots and belts!

What happens with the animal? Locals get the meat?

Yep, locals will descend on that thing. I've been told you don't want to hang around and watch - stabbing from the outside, stabbing from the inside; a frenzy basically and a big potential for someone to get seriously hurt.

I had just a little meat from an elephant's temple, supposedly the most tender part, and it was probably from a bull 1/2 this guy's age. You'd have to be starving to eat very much of that. Thank goodness the locals' teeth are usually pretty good. They boil the hell out of it to try and break it down some I think.
Posted By: chital_shikari

Re: Monster bull - Zim - 10/15/15 07:17 AM

Originally Posted By: SapperTitan
Originally Posted By: Pitchfork Predator
eeks333
Originally Posted By: txshntr
Impressive animal
X2
I'd never shoot one, but that's sure is a dandy.
Posted By: kry226

Re: Monster bull - Zim - 10/15/15 08:03 AM

BIG tusker! eeks333
Posted By: Stickchunker

Re: Monster bull - Zim - 10/16/15 05:50 PM

Awesome!! 120 Pounds a side!!!

Would love to kill 1 one day!
Posted By: 505ed

Re: Monster bull - Zim - 10/17/15 01:09 PM

Nixon has been taking some big elephant in that area...I know of 4 bulls he has taken out of that area, that were 85+ lbs plus in the last 4 years...
Posted By: Halfadozen

Re: Monster bull - Zim - 10/19/15 01:23 AM

Don't see why.

Re: Monster bull - Zim - 10/19/15 11:30 AM

More info than probably most on here care about, but, for those that are interested:

Statement from Zim PH & Guides
Posted By: Nogalus Prairie

Re: Monster bull - Zim - 10/19/15 12:49 PM

The "save the animals" crowd would do much better to focus on the scourge that is local poaching fed by the Asian markets than hunting - which is always a partner in conservation worldwide.

Re: Monster bull - Zim - 10/19/15 02:48 PM

Originally Posted By: Nogalus Prairie
The "save the animals" crowd would do much better to focus on the scourge that is local poaching fed by the Asian markets than hunting - which is always a partner in conservation worldwide.

Exactly. But I don't think the "low information" masses distinguish between poachers and hunters. Since they believe it's no longer legal to kill any lion, leopard, or elephant anywhere they think any posting of a dead one of these must mean somebody paid someone off to shoot one.

The relationship between hunting and conservation isn't easily explained in a "tweet". If the social media kids can't just "like" something quickly and move on to when the next iphone is coming out, they're not going to engage their brains to actually understand a complicated subject.
Posted By: BOBO the Clown

Re: Monster bull - Zim - 10/19/15 07:19 PM

Originally Posted By: Creekrunner
Originally Posted By: Nogalus Prairie

Exactly. But I don't think the "low information" masses distinguish between poachers and hunters. Since they believe it's no longer legal to kill any lion, leopard, or elephant anywhere they think any posting of a dead one of these must mean somebody paid someone off to shoot one.

The relationship between hunting and conservation isn't easily explained in a "tweet". If the social media kids can't just "like" something quickly and move on to when the next iphone is coming out, they're not going to engage their brains to actually understand a complicated subject.

They don't care to know. Facts for even the whole Cecil the lion deal are out there. Look at all the threats the dentist family and co-works got.

No rational behind their hate nor their humanization of wild animals. Sad deal in the end, only wildlife left we'll be those protected by landowners.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum