Texas Hunting Forum

Neighbor Problem

Posted By: Luke5144

Neighbor Problem - 03/25/15 08:23 PM

So I have a lease outside of Springtown TX. It hadn't been leased or hunted in over 40 years per the old lady I leased from. The last day of deer season, a crazy powered paraglider popped up over the trees and started flying over the pasture I was hunting. Truly buzzing the treetops and right over my feeder. I figured it to be just some local who didn't really know better...
Turns out, its a disgruntled neighbor who is unhappy that the land is being leased to hunters even though he himself has a blind and feeder set up on one of the fence lines... He has contacted the landowner stating "we are shooting up all the animals" and feels like we are making the area unsafe. Now I catch him almost every time I go out there flying low over the property. I feel like he is trying to run our game off the land.
We have only taken 9 pigs a 2 deer off this property since beginning of last deer season. Most of the pig hunting happens during daylight hours and with suppressed ARs.
Does anyone have any ideas as to what our options are for dealing with this guy. We have spoken to him over the phone as well as in person with no luck. He is just an a$$.
Posted By: Dry Fire

Re: Neighbor Problem - 03/25/15 08:26 PM

Have the local GW explain to him the Texas Hunter Harrassment Laws.
Posted By: dkershen

Re: Neighbor Problem - 03/25/15 08:26 PM

Call the Game Warden. If you can show that he's trying to run game animals off your property, he can be charged for harassment.
Posted By: CCBIRDDOGMAN

Re: Neighbor Problem - 03/25/15 08:36 PM

Video his ignorant azz and call the GW.
Posted By: Matpk

Re: Neighbor Problem - 03/25/15 08:38 PM

farmer
Harassing the hunters,certainly call for G.W's intervention.
Take action.
Posted By: JRJ6

Re: Neighbor Problem - 03/25/15 08:47 PM

Originally Posted By: CCBIRDDOGMAN
Video his ignorant azz and call the GW.

this ^^
Posted By: Pitchfork Predator

Re: Neighbor Problem - 03/25/15 08:55 PM

I agree with the video idea. Then call the game warden.

Re: Neighbor Problem - 03/25/15 09:10 PM

Just got off the phone w/ the GW. He said exactly what you guys have said.
Take video and try to make it prove that he is running game off. If I can produce that, then he would come "Hammer his a$$" for harassment.
He also said that it was harder being that we are not in deer season, but Spring turkey is right around the corner...

Thanks for the advice everyone.
Posted By: dogcatcher

Re: Neighbor Problem - 03/25/15 09:57 PM

Good luck.
Posted By: coolie

Re: Neighbor Problem - 03/25/15 10:10 PM

People are goofy!
Posted By: Nogalus Prairie

Re: Neighbor Problem - 03/25/15 10:18 PM

That's a new one alright.
Posted By: Payne

Re: Neighbor Problem - 03/25/15 10:23 PM

follow & film him with a drone
Posted By: SniperRAB

Re: Neighbor Problem - 03/25/15 10:35 PM

Interesting

Brave SOB
Posted By: Western

Re: Neighbor Problem - 03/25/15 10:44 PM

Wonder if it's worth a call to the FAA as well? Don't know if there are regulations on those things at low altitude?
Posted By: Ramsey

Re: Neighbor Problem - 03/26/15 01:04 AM

Salt Rock
Posted By: jetdad

Re: Neighbor Problem - 03/26/15 01:39 AM

Does it have a frame or is he just strapped in? Video him with a frame of reference for altitude. Call the FAA. If he is doing this while you are there tell him he is buzzing you and flying in an unsafe manner. See if you can get an N number. If it has a frame and wheels it should have an N number. If it doesn't then he is flying illegally and most likely doesn't have a sport pilot license either. If he is just strapped in he doesn't need a license or N number. Then just let them know he is being unsafe and endangering others on the ground.
Posted By: LuckyHunter

Re: Neighbor Problem - 03/26/15 01:50 AM

You could fly this

KITE
Posted By: stxranchman

Re: Neighbor Problem - 03/26/15 03:51 AM

Invite the GW to go the place with you one day.
Posted By: Someone

Re: Neighbor Problem - 03/26/15 06:55 AM

this thread sounded strangely familiar

http://discussions.texasbowhunter.com/fo...cf&t=474461

that thread starts to get good on page 4

sounds like the same idiot or a group of idiots
Posted By: Pitchfork Predator

Re: Neighbor Problem - 03/26/15 10:00 AM

Originally Posted By: Ramsey
Salt Rock

Now that would be fun. rifle
Posted By: sqiggy

Re: Neighbor Problem - 03/26/15 02:10 PM

After reading this, those big bottle rockets you can buy around the 4th of July come to mind!!!
Posted By: Pope&Young

Re: Neighbor Problem - 03/26/15 02:30 PM

I will be interesting to see if he has the cojones to fly his happy azz over during dove season scared
Posted By: 1860.colt

Re: Neighbor Problem - 03/26/15 03:46 PM

Originally Posted By: Someone
this thread sounded strangely familiar

http://discussions.texasbowhunter.com/fo...cf&t=474461

that thread starts to get good on page 4

sounds like the same idiot or a group of idiots
cheers it was settled ethicly from what i hear. flag
Posted By: redchevy

Re: Neighbor Problem - 03/26/15 04:22 PM

What is the legality of buzzing the treetops on your neighbors property? Do property owners have the right to the air space to a certain height or anything?

Re: Neighbor Problem - 03/26/15 07:04 PM

Its hard to find info on the legality of "buzzing" treetops etc. Most of what you can find online now a days is about the drones. This guys rig is basically a go cart, fan, and parachute. No tail for an N number. I caught him on video, not great camera work, last week prior to talking to the GW. The plan is to get some good footage, then report it. Mr. Green Jeans was really supportive and willing to help however he can. He actually said he would "hammer him" once I got the documentation. Also that I should time my report close to a hunting season (Deer or Turkey)

It does sound very close to the story on Texas Bowhunter. And in the same area... My guy is not near as equipped as the other. This thing looks like a homemade piece of junk.
Posted By: huntwest

Re: Neighbor Problem - 03/26/15 07:42 PM

Just be patient and he will crash the thing eventually. I saw a guy in one that a big gust swirled and hit his chute from behind and collapsed it and he fell like a rock. Luckily it didn't kill him but it busted him up real bad.
He was being an arse in Colorado trying to run fisherman off a creek on public land that ran through his place.
Posted By: Cast

Re: Neighbor Problem - 03/26/15 08:26 PM

There's a field on 407 between Justin and Rhome where these guys have a bunch of these flying machines.
Posted By: Someone

Re: Neighbor Problem - 03/26/15 10:18 PM

Originally Posted By: Luke5144
Its hard to find info on the legality of "buzzing" treetops etc. Most of what you can find online now a days is about the drones. This guys rig is basically a go cart, fan, and parachute. No tail for an N number. I caught him on video, not great camera work, last week prior to talking to the GW. The plan is to get some good footage, then report it. Mr. Green Jeans was really supportive and willing to help however he can. He actually said he would "hammer him" once I got the documentation. Also that I should time my report close to a hunting season (Deer or Turkey)

It does sound very close to the story on Texas Bowhunter. And in the same area... My guy is not near as equipped as the other. This thing looks like a homemade piece of junk.

the same area aspect of it is what caught my attention I would try and contact some of the ones on bow hunter that had the info and the guy that had the issue and see if you can find who the guy u have issues with is

also the clown that posted in bow hunter out of the blue that "had a friend that was a good guy that might be him" seemed like he was much less hunter and gun friendly than he let on I think he was full of BS and he also stated that he had three different flying contraptions as well and some were in various states of use and repair

I think these are the type of idiots that think they are really smarter than everyone else and so much more "objective" and thus they see people that are really into hunting and guns (or anything else THEY are not into) as "nuts and fanatics" and therefor they are free to harass them until caught and then it is "I own a BB gun brah" or "I had chicken for dinner last week" as a defense that they are not against you

and then they move on and harass the next guy and repeat

of course if you went to get people flying homemade junk over private property banned and when they went crazy over that and you went to their forum to let them know you had a balsa wood rubber band glider as a kid so you love planes I am not sure they would buy that

I would get the info from bow hunter and go check the airfields where the other clowns were coming out of and go from there.....at least one real hunter over there seemed to know who the group was and that they were being stupid on purpose and probably a lot less of an "accident"
Posted By: jetdad

Re: Neighbor Problem - 03/27/15 01:21 AM

Doesn't need a tail to have an N #. If it's a 2 seater it has to have an airworthiness certificate and is assigned an N # at that time. It will be on the frame. Over 254 lbs qualifies it as light sport aircraft.
Sec. 103.9 Hazardous operations.

(a) No person may operate any ultralight vehicle in a manner that creates
a hazard to other persons or property.
(b) No person may allow an object to be dropped from an ultralight
vehicle if such action creates a hazard to other persons or property.
Posted By: Simple Searcher

Re: Neighbor Problem - 03/27/15 02:00 AM

Originally Posted By: Luke5144

Hunters harassment isn't just for deer and turkey season is it? What if you are hog hunting?
And can ultralights just fly low over anyone's property, anytime that they want, without any permission? That just seems like a bad idea.
Posted By: MuddyWater

Re: Neighbor Problem - 03/27/15 04:29 AM

Wait until dove season and then go to work.
Posted By: mudman

Re: Neighbor Problem - 03/27/15 05:38 AM

He will eventually crash. There was a guy in Midland that would fly one of these contraptions around on the edge of town, he would cuss and throw beer cans at people out walking. He crashed while trying to land and ended up dead.
Posted By: QuitShootinYoungBucks

Re: Neighbor Problem - 03/27/15 03:36 PM

Posted By: REALKILLER

Re: Neighbor Problem - 03/27/15 04:02 PM

Ive got it narrowed down without too much reading. When we used to spend excessive time on one particular oil lease the pipeline plains would fly around us and spy on us. Everybody would say that quirr is looking down on us. Kind a like hey look Im cool I can look down you and pester you and you cant do anything about it. Or it could be the deer jealousy sickness that people get. It eats them up. There used to be this old man that would harass the neighboring deer lease to the point that everybody hated him, so someone burned his tower blind down. There was talk of this in the camp for years and someone finally did. smile
Posted By: aeb

Re: Neighbor Problem - 03/30/15 10:27 PM

We call them flying lawnmowers out west.
Posted By: krmitchell

Re: Neighbor Problem - 03/31/15 03:57 AM

Conveniently be shooting clay pigeons with 3 in mags anytime he wants to swing real low. After all, you are exercising your rights just like him.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum