What do you hunt?
Overall feedback?
Posted By: KG68

Re: Any Florida transplants here? - 02/10/15 09:50 PM

Send Sapper a PM he is from Florida.
http://texashuntingforum.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/users/23999/SapperTitan
Posted By: 10ring

Re: Any Florida transplants here? - 02/11/15 12:02 AM

Yep I lived down there for many years. Did a lot of hunting in the Everglades and The Big Cypress. The deer and hog hunting in those areas is difficult mainly due to access which normally requires an airboat or buggy. As you head further north in the state from Ocala towards Lake City and towards the Florida Georgia line some good deer and turkey hunting can be had in several WMA's. Some outstanding Eastern and Osceola turkey hunting can be easily found with a little work. Like all areas getting in on private land offers the best hunting. I'd say other than South America the best dove shoots I've been on were in Florida and the Duck hunting can be fast paced and great. During my years in Florida I was never lacking in hunting opportunities on both private land and with a respectable amount of public land you can find something to hunt just about year around. From Deer and Hogs to Turkey and waterfowl and all kinds of small game. Add in the best bass fishing and all of the salt water opportunities it's actually a great state to be in as a sportsman.
Posted By: Fooshman

Re: Any Florida transplants here? - 02/16/15 04:54 AM

I lived there once upon a time and mostly fished.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum