Texas Hunting Forum

Doe attacks deer hunter

Posted By: no-guts-no-glory

Doe attacks deer hunter - 01/06/15 01:35 PM

Click on the link and read:
http://www.examiner.com/article/doe-atta...gets-away-video
Posted By: 1860.colt

Re: Doe attacks deer hunter - 01/06/15 05:56 PM

confused2 didnt click thread. scratch another example of tis about the Big Bucks flag
Posted By: Double Naught Spy

Re: Doe attacks deer hunter - 01/06/15 11:21 PM

Quote:
A 72-year-old man was sent to the hospital after a doe he shot attacked him when he went to go track it.

From the article noted above...sounds like the man attacked the deer and the deer defended itself.
Posted By: 10ring

Re: Doe attacks deer hunter - 01/06/15 11:35 PM

Because deer are being classified as dangerous animals and attacks on humans are becoming more common??? Huh... I didn't know that. Glad I spent the time reading this now I'll be even more prepared when I venture into the woods!
Posted By: Double Naught Spy

Re: Doe attacks deer hunter - 01/07/15 12:42 PM

Actually, deer harm more people each year in attacks than do bear or mountain lions. I used to collect news stories on them. The difference generally is that the attacks tend to only be during limited parts of the year, such as during the rut for bucks or when fawns are present for does.

Then you have the issue of wounded deer and hunters who fail in their job...
Posted By: Cast

Re: Doe attacks deer hunter - 01/07/15 03:12 PM

Ban Deer?
Posted By: redchevy

Re: Doe attacks deer hunter - 01/07/15 07:39 PM

Originally Posted By: Double Naught Spy
Actually, deer harm more people each year in attacks than do bear or mountain lions. I used to collect news stories on them. The difference generally is that the attacks tend to only be during limited parts of the year, such as during the rut for bucks or when fawns are present for does.

Then you have the issue of wounded deer and hunters who fail in their job...

Do you really think there are more attacks on man by deer than bears?... or do you think a much higher percentage of the deer attacks make news than bear attacks?
Posted By: Erathkid

Re: Doe attacks deer hunter - 01/07/15 10:39 PM

There are more deer than ever. Humans and deer live side by side, therefore the chances of being attacked by a deer are greater than being attacked by a bear.
Posted By: WTGuide

Re: Doe attacks deer hunter - 01/08/15 09:42 PM

Clearly a case of self defense for the deer.
Posted By: chital_shikari

Re: Doe attacks deer hunter - 01/10/15 08:04 PM

Cool. Sux to be the hunter but kudos to the deer for Putin' up a fight..lol
Posted By: Gone to Texas

Re: Doe attacks deer hunter - 01/10/15 08:12 PM

Thats why a side arm in the field is nice to have.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum