Texas Hunting Forum

Brian Quaca "Pigman"

Posted By: headhunter54

Brian Quaca "Pigman" - 12/27/14 06:26 PM

Read Ted Nugent reporting Brian was in a rollover accident In Colorado and pretty dinged up. Said he will be alright but several surgeries ahead for him.
Posted By: rvrrat14

Re: Brian Quaca "Pigman" - 12/27/14 06:30 PM

Prayers for him!!!!! One on one, a fine man!
Posted By: 1860.colt

Re: Brian Quaca "Pigman" - 12/27/14 07:45 PM

Best Wishes Brian flag
Posted By: kry226

Re: Brian Quaca "Pigman" - 12/27/14 08:02 PM

From Keith over at TBH:

Originally Posted By: KR-oldmexico
Thanks for everyone's prayers! Brian is doing very well all considered!

Here is the extent of his injuries...
Right-side compressed skull fracture
Multiple facial fractures
2 fractures to the upper spine (10%)
Right rib fractures
Multiple contusions

He is in stable condition and has not had to had surgey to relieve pressure from brain. His swelling is going down quickly and he's doing much better than he should be. He's been up walking around and I just spoke with him on the phone and he's the same ole honery sucker he's always been. He's swollen up pretty good and will be in the hospital a while. When the swelling is down more they will know what they have to do to fix his facial fractures!

He's truly very lucky and is in good spirits! Dap was driving and he's pretty upset that he has hurt his son! Please continue to pray for him and I'll try and keep everyone updated!
Posted By: Sparky45

Re: Brian Quaca "Pigman" - 12/27/14 08:05 PM

dang, I wonder if Dap was with him? or anyone else hurt?
Posted By: NDN98

Re: Brian Quaca "Pigman" - 12/27/14 08:06 PM

Sending prayers for the Pigman!

Re: Brian Quaca "Pigman" - 12/27/14 08:07 PM

Originally Posted By: Sparky45
dang, I wonder if Dap was with him? or anyone else hurt?

Dap was driving and has some bumps and bruises, but is OK. Word is he's feeling terrible about Brian.
Posted By: Txkiller

Re: Brian Quaca "Pigman" - 12/27/14 09:00 PM

Damn I hate to hear that, I'm a huge fan of his and I hope he recovers soon.
Posted By: Shotgun Willie

Re: Brian Quaca "Pigman" - 12/28/14 04:04 AM

Mmmmmph... Just last season Brian was joking about what a horrible diver Dap is.
Posted By: Seadog

Re: Brian Quaca "Pigman" - 12/28/14 09:05 AM

My Thoughts and Prayers for a quick recovery!!!
Posted By: Double Naught Spy

Re: Brian Quaca "Pigman" - 12/28/14 12:50 PM

Quote:
Mmmmmph... Just last season Brian was joking about what a horrible diver Dap is.

Is there anything he hasn't complained about regarding Dap? LOL.
Posted By: dfwroadkill

Re: Brian Quaca "Pigman" - 12/28/14 03:06 PM

Prayers everything works out well... up
Posted By: dee

Re: Brian Quaca "Pigman" - 12/28/14 03:17 PM

Hate hearing this as his show is one of the few I watch. Prayers for a speedy recovery.
Posted By: samsamthemex

Re: Brian Quaca "Pigman" - 12/28/14 03:23 PM

Pig fan also. Prayers sent

Re: Brian Quaca "Pigman" - 12/28/14 03:28 PM

up on update flag
Posted By: TxAggie10

Re: Brian Quaca "Pigman" - 12/28/14 03:48 PM

I'm also a fan of Pigman and Dap. I even enjoyed their reality TV show and still upset that it was taken off the air! Prayers and get well soon!
Posted By: dlrz71

Re: Brian Quaca "Pigman" - 12/28/14 06:11 PM

From Pigman's Facebook

Status update on Pigman:

As many of you may have seen or heard by now, Brian and his Father Tom (Dap) were involved in a serious accident late Friday afternoon in Eastern Colorado when their Excursion lost control on the ice and flipped multiple times down an embankment. Brian was in the passenger's seat of which the passenger's side of the cab took the majority of the impact. Both Brian and Tom were immediately transported to Southeast Colorado Hospital in Springfield, CO where Tom was treated for his injuries and Brian was stabilized. Tom received several contusions, cuts, bumps and bruises with a lot of upper shoulder pain, but luckily came away with no broken bones. Brian on the other hand suffered multiple skull, facial, spine, and rib fractures, all of which were on the right side of his body, and was listed in Critical condition. He remained alert and coherent the entire time.

A few hours later, Brian was transported to the Swedish Medical Center in Denver which is one of the best level 1 trauma centers in the country. Because of the blizzard conditions, all life-flight helicopters were grounded so they had to make the 260 mile journey via Ambulance at a painstakingly slow pace. They arrived on-site around 3:00AM and began running multiple tests to assess his condition.

As of 11:00AM this morning, Brian remains in the critical care unit at the Swedish Medical Center. He continues to improve and as of yet, has not had to undergo any surgeries, even though it is very likely in the near future. As the swelling subsides, the doctors will identify what needs to/can be done in terms of reconstruction. His spirits are high considering the circumstances. His motor skills, mind, and sense of humor are all fully intact and he wants everyone to know that he will be back better than ever. He can still toss out a "RODG" and a "WHAM" and even though he looks like he starred in a Rocky movie, he's one tough dude and we're very lucky to still have him. He had a cup of coffee this morning as we talked in length. The power of prayer is an amazing thing. He continues to pass each physical therapy test and amaze the doctors and nurses. Our hope is that Brian will be transferred from the critical care unit into a standard trauma room today.

Thank you to the entire staff at the Southeast Colorado Hospital, the State Patrol, the EMTs, and all the staff at Swedish Medical Center for their professional care and skill in taking care of Dap and Pig. Thank you to everyone who offered a prayer and well-wishing for them and although we're not out of the woods yet, things are looking up. God made 1 Pigman in this world and thankfully he's not done entertaining yet.

Everyone have a safe and Happy New Year and please continue to pray for Brian, Tom, and their family during their journey through recovery.

- Justin Cook, Business Manager

Re: Brian Quaca "Pigman" - 12/28/14 07:41 PM

Despite the seriousness of the situation, that pic cracks me up. Something tells me Pig Man wouldn't have it any other way. clap

Get well soon, brother. rock_on

Re: Brian Quaca "Pigman" - 12/28/14 07:42 PM

Originally Posted By: colt.45
up on update flag

cheers
Posted By: chital_shikari

Re: Brian Quaca "Pigman" - 12/28/14 09:01 PM

Originally Posted By: kry226
Despite the seriousness if the situation, that pic cracks me up. Something tells me Pig Man wouldn't have it any other way. clap

X2. Guy is awesome.
Posted By: SnakeWrangler

Re: Brian Quaca "Pigman" - 12/28/14 10:21 PM

Originally Posted By: kry226
Despite the seriousness of the situation, that pic cracks me up. Something tells me Pig Man wouldn't have it any other way. clap

Posted By: trjscout

Re: Brian Quaca "Pigman" - 12/28/14 10:37 PM

get well soon, can't believe you survived flying around in that go-cart parachute thing shooting pigs and have a car crash damn you never know!
Posted By: Rob Lay

Re: Brian Quaca "Pigman" - 12/28/14 10:50 PM

Brian is a user on here, wish you the best Brian!
Posted By: Lance Vick

Re: Brian Quaca "Pigman" - 12/29/14 12:27 AM

Prayers sent for speedy recover
Can't keep a good man down ,,,
Posted By: 8pointdrop

Re: Brian Quaca "Pigman" - 12/29/14 12:45 AM

Prayers sent
Posted By: Deans

Re: Brian Quaca "Pigman" - 12/29/14 01:46 AM

Glad Brian and Dap are ok considering the tumble they took. Prayers sent.
Posted By: dlineman1

Re: Brian Quaca "Pigman" - 12/29/14 01:50 AM

Keep the fight up,our thoughts and prayers are with you and dap.
dlineman1
Posted By: Texsun

Re: Brian Quaca "Pigman" - 12/29/14 04:05 AM

Originally Posted By: Rob Lay
Brian is a user on here, wish you the best Brian!
Posted By: CCBIRDDOGMAN

Re: Brian Quaca "Pigman" - 12/29/14 02:05 PM

Get well soon pig!
Posted By: landsurveyor

Re: Brian Quaca "Pigman" - 12/29/14 03:04 PM

Originally Posted By: NDN98
Sending prayers for the Pigman!
Posted By: Navasot

Re: Brian Quaca "Pigman" - 12/29/14 03:05 PM

Originally Posted By: CCBIRDDOGMAN
Get well soon pig!
Posted By: Stones1950

Re: Brian Quaca "Pigman" - 12/29/14 03:14 PM

The pigs are running wild out here. Need ya back on the line!

Get well!

Stones1950
Posted By: Nathan Nelson

Re: Brian Quaca "Pigman" - 12/29/14 04:55 PM

That is a pretty dangerous road; HWY 287, I know the guys that brought in the truck and on their Facebook page said the truck was pretty banged up. There is not much in Springfield.

I hope he recovers and regains all his health.
Posted By: gary roberson

Re: Brian Quaca "Pigman" - 12/29/14 05:41 PM

Sorry to hear about the wreck and I pray for a swift recovery to all.
Adois,
Gary

Re: Brian Quaca "Pigman" - 12/29/14 07:11 PM

Update from the Book of Faces:

Quote:
Great news! Pigman has been transferred OUT of the critical care unit and into a standard trauma room! Even better news is that he has his iPad in hand. Let's give the Sultan of Shank some photos to look at. Post your favorite hog hunting picture, photos of you in your Pigman apparel, or even you using the gear Pigman loves and trusts! ‪#‎PORKnography‬
Posted By: Skip

Re: Brian Quaca "Pigman" - 12/30/14 02:15 PM

I went to school with Tom and know them folks. Prayers are up from our household for a speedy and full recovery.

Re: Brian Quaca "Pigman" - 12/30/14 03:35 PM

Prayers angel for speedy recovery flag
Posted By: Gobblero

Re: Brian Quaca "Pigman" - 12/30/14 06:36 PM

Prayers for Brian and Dap. God Bless the family

Re: UPDATE! - 12/30/14 08:04 PM

From Keith over at TBH:

Originally Posted By: KR-oldmexico
Pig was released from the hospital today! He's a super man and is doing far better than he should be! May not even have to have surgery! Power of prayer and God is amazing! Thanks TBH and please keep them coming! Thanks from all of us at team Pigman!!!

clap
Posted By: piney woods hunter

Re: UPDATE! - 12/31/14 10:33 AM

Prayers for the pig and dap and daily
Posted By: Bullfrog

Re: Brian Quaca "Pigman" - 01/01/15 09:33 PM

Originally Posted By: trjscout
get well soon, can't believe you survived flying around in that go-cart parachute thing shooting pigs and have a car crash damn you never know!

That's what I was thinking too. Dang. This and one other hunting show are the only ones I set to record. The kinda guy you want to be around. And that dude has a great time pal'ing around with his Dad all the time. I love watching that

Hang in there Mr. Pigman!

Re: Brian Quaca "Pigman" - 01/02/15 01:19 AM

Originally Posted By: Bullfrog
Originally Posted By: trjscout

That's what I was thinking too. Dang. This and one other hunting show are the only ones I set to record. The kinda guy you want to be around. And that dude has a great time pal'ing around with his Dad all the time. I love watching that

Hang in there Mr. Pigman!

Yep. He's the kind of guy who walks in the room and the good time follows.

Re: Brian Quaca "Pigman" - 01/09/15 02:40 PM

Update from the Book of Faces:

Quote:
Pigman has made it through a successful surgery at Scott & White in Temple! Big shout out to Dr. Michael Magee who Pigman says is the shankmaster of surgery!! He's doing great and his spirit is up! Thank you to everyone who continues to write, ask, think about, and pray for him! Best family, friends, sponsors, and fans in the world! ‪#‎bionicpig‬ ‪#‎roadtorecovery

Posted By: angler management

Re: Brian Quaca "Pigman" - 01/09/15 02:56 PM

Originally Posted By: dee
Hate hearing this as his show is one of the few I watch. Prayers for a speedy recovery.

His show is the ONLY hunting show watched at my house. I DVR the whole season and on bad weather days it's home made chili, pig shoulder smokin', and nothing but the pig man.
Posted By: SnakeWrangler

Re: Brian Quaca "Pigman" - 01/09/15 07:49 PM

Great news...prayers for a speedy recovery Brian!
Posted By: WTGuide

Re: Brian Quaca "Pigman" - 01/09/15 10:17 PM

prayers
Posted By: Bigfoot

Re: Brian Quaca "Pigman" - 01/11/15 10:55 PM

by far my favorite hunting show!

Get well soon Brian!!!
Posted By: Steven Bates

Re: Brian Quaca "Pigman" - 01/14/15 08:17 PM

Got to meet "pig" last year.... absolute real guy... what you see is what you get. Best wishes and get well soon brother!!!
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum