Texas Hunting Forum

Anyone else in Terrell County?

Posted By: Kevin820

Anyone else in Terrell County? - 12/11/14 06:54 PM

Just wondering if anyone here is around Terrell County? My ranch is off FM 2886 close to the Pecos/Terrell county line. Does anyone know if there is a taxidermist or meat processing nearby? I have already tried Millers in Fort Stockton however, they told me they are not taking any new deer until Dec. 17th. I heard there is one in Sanderson, but can't find any information on it. Shot a nice mule deer that I would like to get mounted. Thanks!
Posted By: Creekrunner

Re: Anyone else in Terrell County? - 12/11/14 07:19 PM

Congratulations on the mule deer. Where is home for you? I think dropping him off somewhere on the way home is probably your best bet out there.
DesertHunting, that posts here, should be able to advise you if there's a decent taxidermist in the area.

Re: Anyone else in Terrell County? - 12/11/14 07:23 PM

Yea I thought about dropping him in Sonora on the way back to Houston. I just figured there might be someone in the area and would like to throw them the business. Appreciate the reply!
Posted By: B-Man

Re: Anyone else in Terrell County? - 12/11/14 07:29 PM

I just finished hunting with DesertHunting a week ago. He would definitely know where to send you. You could also PM stxranchman as he hunts in Pecos County as well for mulies.

Btw - post up a pic of ur mulie if u can. Interested in seeing him.

Re: Anyone else in Terrell County? - 12/11/14 07:32 PM

Both mulies I've shot I dropped at Woodbury's in Ingram (now basically a suburb on the west end of Kerrville). Post a pic of him when you can. Wildlife Gallery also has a drop/pickup point just north of IH10 by the Mountain Home exit. You'd probably have to call them first though to make sure someone is there. They're out of Michigan I think, but they do great work; I've had some African stuff done by them.

Re: Anyone else in Terrell County? - 12/11/14 07:52 PM

Thank you. My father was the one who actually took him. We saw a bigger one this morning...decided to let him breed.
Posted By: DirtNapTET

Re: Anyone else in Terrell County? - 12/11/14 07:56 PM

Pics??

Re: Anyone else in Terrell County? - 12/11/14 07:57 PM

As soon as I figure out how to post pics on this damn thing I will

Re: Anyone else in Terrell County? - 12/11/14 08:00 PM

Re: Anyone else in Terrell County? - 12/11/14 08:09 PM

Great Texas mulie. You setup, frame, and take a great picture by the way. Tell your dad to cheer up! It get's a lot worse. laugh
Posted By: 7mag

Re: Anyone else in Terrell County? - 12/12/14 12:08 AM

Originally Posted By: KevinHayes
Just wondering if anyone here is around Terrell County? My ranch is off FM 2886 close to the Pecos/Terrell county line. Does anyone know if there is a taxidermist or meat processing nearby? I have already tried Millers in Fort Stockton however, they told me they are not taking any new deer until Dec. 17th. I heard there is one in Sanderson, but can't find any information on it. Shot a nice mule deer that I would like to get mounted. Thanks!

You don't want to take your deer to Miller's. Taxi wise there is a good one in alpine and midland. I would just take it back home and find one.

Re: Anyone else in Terrell County? - 12/12/14 01:03 AM

Thanks everyone. I got me one today. Thought he was a little bigger but he is a 10 and has good mass.
Posted By: gary75758

Re: Anyone else in Terrell County? - 12/12/14 01:30 AM

Congrats to you and your dad... texas
Posted By: DesertHunting

Re: Anyone else in Terrell County? - 12/12/14 01:48 AM

Congratulation on your deer! Those are both nice mulies!

There is a guy in Ozona, but I'm pretty sure he has quit doing it commercially. When do you head home, I might be able to get ahold of him to find out. Kenny Stafford in Sanderson only processes meat, but I'm not sure he's here this year, haven't seen him this year. Sorry I'm not more help.
Posted By: DesertHunting

Re: Anyone else in Terrell County? - 12/12/14 01:53 AM

Sorry for my manners...

Welcome to the forum, and I'm pretty sure I know where you hunt ninja
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum