Texas Hunting Forum

How Do You Program Your Trail Cams.......???

Posted By: Tbar

How Do You Program Your Trail Cams.......??? - 11/11/14 04:20 AM

I have mine set for 50 second intervals with 3 picture bursts. Racked up 3600 pics on one camera in 8 days between Nov 4th and Nov 11th. Only four didn't have critters in them. That was a lot of pictures to go through.

How do y'all have your cameras set up?
Posted By: Hirogen

Re: How Do You Program Your Trail Cams.......??? - 11/11/14 04:45 AM

60 second intervals with 2 photo burst. Also program them not take pictures outside legal shooting hours as I can't shoot during those times anyways.
Posted By: txshntr

Re: How Do You Program Your Trail Cams.......??? - 11/11/14 04:47 AM

At a feeder, 1 minute interval with 1 picture. On a game trail, 30 seconds at 3 picture burst. On a field edge, 1 minute interval with 3 picture burst.
Posted By: Seadog

Re: How Do You Program Your Trail Cams.......??? - 11/11/14 07:20 AM

Originally Posted By: txshntr
At a feeder, 1 minute interval with 1 picture. On a game trail, 30 seconds at 3 picture burst. On a field edge, 1 minute interval with 3 picture burst.
Posted By: stxranchman

Re: How Do You Program Your Trail Cams.......??? - 11/11/14 11:02 AM

45 seconds and 1 pic on trail, water trough or feeder if the camera will let me program in my own delay time. If not then the slowest preset factory time. On a scrape I use 30 seconds 3 shot burst.
Posted By: Creekrunner

Re: How Do You Program Your Trail Cams.......??? - 11/11/14 12:48 PM

I'm very late to the trail cam party; just started playing with one I bought for a trip. I have learned right off that if you go with the "Auto", "medium", "good compromise", or default settings, you can't keep batteries in them. (Plus you're gonna have a ton of meaningless pics to go through.)
Posted By: Texasrebel649

Re: How Do You Program Your Trail Cams.......??? - 11/11/14 05:05 PM

Originally Posted By: txshntr

This is about what I do. I then check pictures and if I feel I need to adjust I go from there.
Posted By: redchevy

Re: How Do You Program Your Trail Cams.......??? - 11/11/14 05:07 PM

If on a trail I use more frequent setting like 2-3 shot burst every min or 30 sec.

At feeders I set them for less frequent like every 5-15 minutes(this does miss a lot of deer because some don't even hang around long but it catches enough to keep up with some of them)
Posted By: 7ARanch

Re: How Do You Program Your Trail Cams.......??? - 11/11/14 05:45 PM

single pic with 5 min delay. I know I miss some but I'm trying to pattern movement as much as see what's there.
Posted By: Western

Re: How Do You Program Your Trail Cams.......??? - 11/11/14 06:06 PM

Both of mine are set up one photo each minute
Posted By: dogcatcher

Re: How Do You Program Your Trail Cams.......??? - 11/11/14 06:42 PM

Only have one cam, set up to take one pic every 5 minutes.
Posted By: JKC

Re: How Do You Program Your Trail Cams.......??? - 11/11/14 07:52 PM

was one minute in September and went back to check 3 weeks later, 6 cameras had thousands on pictures. Now set on 5 minutes at feeder.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum