Texas Hunting Forum

Success with two sports at the same time

Posted By: Texas Dan

Success with two sports at the same time - 10/23/14 04:05 PM

Has anyone ever taken a deer or some other game animal while fishing or participating in some other legal sport?

You would think that many a hog, or even a duck or two, has fallen to someone who just had a fishing pole in their hands a minute earlier.
Posted By: 8pointdrop

Re: Success with two sports at the same time - 10/23/14 04:13 PM

Catfishing in a tank while dove hunting is fun. It can be a pain if the fish are really biting, your missing birds, then if the birds are really flying you could lose your rod and reel.

Killed many a hog and yote with 3" steel shot while duck hunting. A lot of my places are walk in spots, usually close to a creek or slough, you never know what's going to pop up.
Posted By: txtrophy85

Re: Success with two sports at the same time - 10/23/14 05:08 PM

I killed a coyote while quail hunting once
Posted By: hook_n_line

Re: Success with two sports at the same time - 10/23/14 05:09 PM

My ex-wife and I were fishing crappie once and set a live trap the night before. Caught fish, an armadillo and a curious doe walked in to see what all the commotion was and got a shot on her. two hours later while still fishing a yote came to the gut pile and didn't quite make it out. Hasn't ever happened that way again. Did get a few deer, ducks, and hogs while fishing before.
Posted By: BayouGuy

Re: Success with two sports at the same time - 10/23/14 07:41 PM

In the marsh S.E. of New Orleans - ducks at dawn, followed by a walk along the canal levee to pot a rabbit or two, followed by a slug through the marsh for some Clapper Rails (marsh hens), pick up a few dozen oysters along the shore, then break out the rods for redfish and specs.
Posted By: Hunt Dog

Re: Success with two sports at the same time - 10/23/14 09:23 PM

Ducks in the norning then catfih after breakfast at my family's place.
Deer in the morning then Dove and Quail in the afternoon then rabbit at night on a friend's lease.
Posted By: rifleman

Re: Success with two sports at the same time - 10/23/14 09:48 PM

I've shot hogs out of the truck while the bass boat was hooked up to it....has to count for something.
Posted By: Grizz

Re: Success with two sports at the same time - 10/23/14 11:58 PM

I killed a hog when I went to my truck to change lures while fishing. I had to get my rifle out of the case and load it, but I got him.
Posted By: ImTheReasonDovesMourn

Re: Success with two sports at the same time - 10/24/14 01:03 PM

I caught one of my biggest bass at a golf course pond while I was waiting for the group in front of me to finish the hole.
Posted By: piney woods hunter

Re: Success with two sports at the same time - 10/24/14 01:13 PM

camp on sulfer river, small game in morning, catfish during day and never know when hog or deer will show
Posted By: LandPirate

Re: Success with two sports at the same time - 10/24/14 01:19 PM

While working cattle one spring, I killed a turkey with a 4-way tire iron.
Posted By: HuntnFly67

Re: Success with two sports at the same time - 10/24/14 01:27 PM

Originally Posted By: LandPirate

I've called in some jakes while cranking a trailer jack that needed grease.
Posted By: skinnerback

Re: Success with two sports at the same time - 10/24/14 01:27 PM

roflmao Did you throw it like a Chinese star?
Posted By: LandPirate

Re: Success with two sports at the same time - 10/24/14 04:45 PM

More sidearmed, like a boomarang.
Posted By: TEXAN1970

Re: Success with two sports at the same time - 10/27/14 11:05 PM

I shot a Rabbit while in a Deer stand one time.
Posted By: scalebuster

Re: Success with two sports at the same time - 10/27/14 11:31 PM

I filled a 120qt ice chest with catfish off of my juglines early one morning and then killed a limit of ducks on Lake Palestine.

I killed a big sow hog and a limit of Teal on the Angelina River one morning with # 4 steel.

I killed a nice whitetail buck while quail hunting in Jayton one afternoon with a slug.

I've killed a limit of pheasant and quail on the same day in Hereford several times.

I also killed a limit of cold Coors Light and dove opening day this year in Fisher County.
Posted By: Texas Dan

Re: Success with two sports at the same time - 10/28/14 12:54 AM

Originally Posted By: scalebuster
I also killed a limit of cold Coors Light and dove opening day this year in Fisher County.

Bonus points!
Posted By: Merican Duck Hunter

Re: Success with two sports at the same time - 10/28/14 01:50 AM

Originally Posted By: HuntnFly67

I've called in some jakes while cranking a trailer jack that needed grease.

at the boat shop I used to work at we had turkeys that used to roost in the trees behind the shop, my phone used to be filled with pics of them inside of 10 yds while I was trying to work. A well placed wrench could've done the trick many times!
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum