Texas Hunting Forum

San Saba lodging?

Posted By: wingnut

San Saba lodging? - 10/23/14 02:52 AM

Got drawn to hunt Colorado Bend SP in December and I need a place to stay for 2-3 days. Can someone recommend a place to stay in the San Saba area? Electricity is a must (no electricity is available in the park).
American owned preferred. Thanks.
Posted By: TurkeyHunter

Re: San Saba lodging? - 10/23/14 03:06 AM

http://www.burnhamslodging.com/index.htm

Originally Posted By: wingnut

American owned preferred.

I don't believe there are any foreign owned hotel chains in San Saba, i.e. Accor, Novotel, Sofitel, or Barcelo.

Re: San Saba lodging? - 10/25/14 05:28 PM

Thanks TurkeyHunter.
Posted By: Hollerpoint

Re: San Saba lodging? - 10/26/14 06:39 PM

Bar D has some little cabins in town I recommend. And yes, both of the motels and the pharmacy are owned by Jihads.

Re: San Saba lodging? - 10/27/14 04:08 AM

HP, thanks for the info and for the curry advisory! flag
Posted By: TurkeyHunter

Re: San Saba lodging? - 10/28/14 04:37 AM

Originally Posted By: Hollerpoint
Bar D has some little cabins in town I recommend. And yes, both of the motels and the pharmacy are owned by Jihads.

Just curious. Could you expand on what is a Jihad in terms of describing a business owner who is probably an American citizen? This is not intended as a challenge and no personal offense is taken, but it reads like somebody asking about a motel recommendation where only Caucasian people are the owners.

Help me understand if my thinking is wrong.
Posted By: Western

Re: San Saba lodging? - 10/28/14 05:39 AM

Originally Posted By: TurkeyHunter
Originally Posted By: Hollerpoint

Just curious. Could you expand on what is a Jihad in terms of describing a business owner who is probably an American citizen? This is not intended as a challenge and no personal offense is taken, but it reads like somebody asking about a motel recommendation where only Caucasian people are the owners.

Help me understand if my thinking is wrong.

I think it is a case of mistaken Identity TH, must be referring to the 80%+ ownership rate of Indian (hindu) common last name Patel, in the motel industry grin . From my experience (not traveled as much as you) it is a case of ownership providing as minimal service, amenities and maintenance at as high a price as possible. Like delivering a 3rd world experience stateside. I would venture some buy cheap hotels using US small business or Some type of immigrant low % loan, as was done in the dairy's at one time.

Caveat: I have stayed in a few, where the owner has adopted great American standards and prides themselves in providing best they can.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum