Texas Hunting Forum

Satellite Imagery

Posted By: JakeJJ

Satellite Imagery - 09/26/14 09:49 AM

I'm deployed right now and when I get back I'll have a whopping one day to scout for waterfowl opener. The lakes are crazy low and I would like to just get a basic idea of what they look like. My boat is out of commission right now and I'll be doing everything on foot. I can't for the life of me find any updated Sat Imagery. If I can get a basic idea of what the lakes look I can hopefully maximize the short scouting time I have. Do y'all have any good websites to find good updated imagery? Google earth is out, Its not "authorized" on these computers. I've tried bing, yahoo, and google maps. They are all old images. I tried a google search but the majority of the sites that sounded promising are either useless or blocked. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks Y'all!

I guess this puts me in the boat with other internet scouters haha!
Posted By: TurkeyHunter

Re: Satellite Imagery - 09/26/14 11:37 AM

Most of the free images are going to be too old for your purposes. The images you typically see for CONUS are taken from specially configured aircraft instead of satellites.
Posted By: SapperTitan

Re: Satellite Imagery - 09/26/14 11:48 AM

Get with your LT and jump on tiger best satellite imagery you will ever see.
Posted By: tShawnB

Re: Satellite Imagery - 09/26/14 01:26 PM

Try Google Earth first. It just updated our area in the Panhandle I believe last year.
Posted By: SapperTitan

Re: Satellite Imagery - 09/27/14 12:03 AM

Google earth is blocked on his computer overseas
Posted By: Zaraspook

Re: Satellite Imagery - 09/27/14 01:22 AM

See if you can get on terraserver.com
Posted By: JakeJJ

Re: Satellite Imagery - 09/27/14 07:21 PM

Appreciate the help everyone! I found some great images. Holy Crap! The lakes are lower than I thought!
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum